liftweb.net down now, and maven refuses to compile

Ellis

Jun 27, 2009, 4:46:21 AM6/27/09
to Lift
Maven is suddenly refusing to compile because scala-tools.org is
down. Can the liftweb-snapshot-1.1 POM be changed in order to let
maven work in offline mode?

Here's an excerpt of the error message when trying to run in offline
mode:
$ mvn -o -npu compile
[INFO]
NOTE: Maven is executing in offline mode. Any artifacts not already in
your local
repository will be
inaccessible.
[ERROR] BUILD
ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve
artifact.
Missing:
----------
1) net.liftweb:lift-util:jar:1.1-SNAPSHOT

The files DO appear to be in my local repository, last updated via
maven yesterday at 15:20 GMT:
$ ls -1 /home/ellis/.m2/repository/net/liftweb/lift-util/1.1-SNAPSHOT/
lift-util-1.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
lift-util-1.1-SNAPSHOT.jar.sha1
lift-util-1.1-SNAPSHOT-javadoc.jar.lastUpdated
lift-util-1.1-SNAPSHOT.pom
lift-util-1.1-SNAPSHOT.pom.sha1
lift-util-1.1-SNAPSHOT-sources.jar
lift-util-1.1-SNAPSHOT-sources.jar.sha1
maven-metadata-scala-tools.org.snapshots.xml
maven-metadata-scala-tools.org.snapshots.xml.sha1
maven-metadata-scala-tools.org.xml
resolver-status.properties

Any ideas how to force maven to use the files that it was content to
use yesterday?

Thanks,
Ellis

marius d.

Jun 27, 2009, 5:06:03 AM6/27/09
to Lift
try maven -o ....

Marius

Timothy Perrett

Jun 27, 2009, 5:17:20 AM6/27/09
to lif...@googlegroups.com
@marius Is there anyone around to checkup on scala-tools? DavidB
doesn't monitor the lift list much these days and I'm not sure if
there are any other non-American guys (I.e people who are awake now!)
to take a look at the server?

Cheers, Tim

Sent from my iPhone

marius d.

Jun 27, 2009, 5:28:18 AM6/27/09
to Lift
dunno who can help .. I sent an email on scala-list but nothing yet

On Jun 27, 12:17 pm, Timothy Perrett <timo...@getintheloop.eu> wrote:
> @marius Is there anyone around to checkup on scala-tools? DavidB
> doesn't monitor the lift list much these days and I'm not sure if
> there are any other non-American guys (I.e people who are awake now!)
> to take a look at the server?
>
> Cheers, Tim
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Ellis

Jun 27, 2009, 6:03:53 AM6/27/09
to Lift
> try maven -o ....
The point of my message was that maven -o doesn't work! :)

marius d.

Jun 27, 2009, 6:35:16 AM6/27/09
to Lift
Sorry

Josh Suereth

Jun 27, 2009, 8:16:46 AM6/27/09
to lif...@googlegroups.com, David Pollak, Derek Chen-Becker
Hi, I forwarded the email to ad...@scala-tools.org, but I have not received it back (meaning is has not been sent).   I also tried ssh'ing onto the box, and was unsuccessful.  That's being my powers of admin for scala-tools.org until we can get it active again.

David Pollak and Derek Chen-Becker are the other admins (for future reference).

- Josh

george

Jun 27, 2009, 9:07:55 AM6/27/09
to Lift
Is there any way to locally generate the Lift API scaladocs without
needing scala-tools.org?

George

On Jun 27, 1:16 pm, Josh Suereth <joshua.suer...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I forwarded the email to ad...@scala-tools.org, but I have not received
> it back (meaning is has not been sent).   I also tried ssh'ing onto the box,
> and was unsuccessful.  That's being my powers of admin for
> scala-tools.orguntil we can get it active again.

Timothy Perrett

Jun 27, 2009, 9:31:09 AM6/27/09
to lif...@googlegroups.com

But of course! Clone the lift source repo onto your local machine then do
the following:

cd <the place you cloned lift>
mvn scala:doc

Cheers, Tim

David Bernard

Jun 27, 2009, 9:57:47 AM6/27/09
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

* It's right I don't monitor the mailing list actively (use keyword to filter)
* I'm no longer admin of scala-tools.org (since 2 or 3 month).

To work offline with maven you need to call it with :
mvn -o ....

but there is a bug with maven 2.0.x and offline mode. you need to use and install 2.1.0.
An other tips : I suggest you modify your pom.xml (or settings.xml) with the following code to avoid daily update of lift-snapshots (only on demand when you call "mvn -U ....")

        <repository>
          <id>scala-tools.org.snapshots</id>
          <name>Scala Tools Maven2 Repository</name>
          <url>http://scala-tools.org/repo-snapshots</url>
          <releases>
            <enabled>false</enabled>
          </releases>

          <snapshots>

<enabled>true</enabled>
            <updatePolicy>never</updatePolicy>
          </snapshots>
        </repository>

see for details http://maven.apache.org/ref/current/maven-model/maven.html#class_snapshots

/davidB

george

Jun 27, 2009, 12:08:49 PM6/27/09
to Lift
Thanks Tim

It seems that scala-tools.org is back up now, but even so I get this
error:

$ mvn scala:doc -e
+ Error stacktraces are turned on.
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Reactor build order:
[INFO] Lift
[INFO] Lift Utils
[INFO] Lift Actor
[INFO] Lift WebKit
[INFO] Lift OSGi
[INFO] Lift Widgets
[INFO] Lift Mapper
[INFO] Lift Machine
[INFO] Lift Record
[INFO] Lift Textile
[INFO] Lift Facebook
[INFO] Lift AMQP
[INFO] Lift XMPP
[INFO] Lift OpenID
[INFO] Lift OAuth
[INFO] Lift PayPal
[INFO] Lift TestKit
[INFO] Lift Core (full lift)
[INFO] Lift JPA
[INFO] Lift Sites
[INFO] Lift Example
[INFO] OSGi Examples for Lift - Hello
[INFO] OSGi Examples for Lift
[INFO] Skittr Example
[INFO] HelloLift example application
[INFO] HelloDarwin tutorial application
[INFO] JPA Demo Master
[INFO] JPADemo-spa
[INFO] JPADemo-web
[INFO] HTTP Authentication example
[INFO] lift-archetype-blank
[INFO] lift-archetype-basic
[INFO] lift-archetype-jpa-basic
[INFO] lift-archetype-jpa-blank
[INFO] lift-archetype-jpa-blank-single
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'scala'.
WAGON_VERSION: 1.0-beta-2
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Lift
[INFO] task-segment: [scala:doc]
[INFO]
[INFO] [scala:doc]
[INFO] Checking for multiple versions of scala
[WARNING] No source files found in /Users/george/Sites/git/liftweb/src/
main/scala
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Lift Utils
[INFO] task-segment: [scala:doc]
[INFO]
[INFO] [scala:doc]
[INFO] Checking for multiple versions of scala
[INFO] Checking for multiple versions of scala
[INFO] delete :/Users/george/Sites/git/liftweb/lift-util/target/site/
scaladocs/scaladocs
[WARNING] warning: there were unchecked warnings; re-run with -
unchecked for details
[INFO] failed to find baseUri for org.slf4j.Logger :: org.slf4j
[INFO] failed to find baseUri for org.slf4j.Logger :: org.slf4j
[INFO] failed to find baseUri for org.apache.log4j.Logger ::
org.apache.log4j
[INFO] failed to find baseUri for org.apache.log4j.Logger ::
org.apache.log4j
[INFO] failed to find baseUri for org.apache.log4j.Level ::
org.apache.log4j
[INFO] failed to find baseUri for org.apache.log4j.Priority ::
org.apache.log4j
[WARNING] one warning found
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Lift Actor
[INFO] task-segment: [scala:doc]
[INFO]
[INFO] [scala:doc]
[INFO] Checking for multiple versions of scala
[INFO] Checking for multiple versions of scala
[INFO] delete :/Users/george/Sites/git/liftweb/lift-actor/target/site/
scaladocs/scaladocs
[WARNING] /Users/george/Sites/git/liftweb/lift-actor/src/main/scala/
net/liftweb/actor/LAFuture.scala:20: error: not found: value Helpers
[WARNING] import Helpers._
[WARNING] ^
[WARNING] /Users/george/Sites/git/liftweb/lift-actor/src/main/scala/
net/liftweb/actor/LAPinger.scala:18: error: not found: value Helpers
[WARNING] import Helpers.TimeSpan
[WARNING] ^
[WARNING] /Users/george/Sites/git/liftweb/lift-actor/src/main/scala/
net/liftweb/actor/LiftActor.scala:20: error: not found: value Helpers
[WARNING] import Helpers._
[WARNING] ^
[WARNING] /Users/george/Sites/git/liftweb/lift-actor/src/main/scala/
net/liftweb/actor/LiftActor.scala:179: error: missing parameter type
for expanded function ((x0$1) => x0$1 match {
[WARNING] case (e @ _) => Log.error("Error processing Actor ".$plus
(this), e)
[WARNING] })
[WARNING] protected def exceptionHandler: PartialFunction[Throwable,
Unit] = {
[WARNING]
^
[WARNING] four errors found
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] wrap: org.apache.maven.reporting.MavenReportException: wrap:
command line returned non-zero value:1

[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: wrap:
org.apache.maven.reporting.MavenReportException: wrap: command line
returned non-zero value:1
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals
(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:584)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandaloneGoal
(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:513)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal
(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:483)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures
(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:331)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments
(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:292)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute
(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:142)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:336)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:129)
(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:
315)
at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:
430)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: wrap:
org.apache.maven.reporting.MavenReportException: wrap: command line
returned non-zero value:1
at org.scala_tools.maven.ScalaMojoSupport.execute
(ScalaMojoSupport.java:311)
at org.scala_tools.maven.ScalaDocMojo.execute(ScalaDocMojo.java:35)
at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo
(DefaultPluginManager.java:453)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals
(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:559)
... 16 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.reporting.MavenReportException: wrap:
command line returned non-zero value:1
at org.scala_tools.maven.ScalaDocMojo.generate(ScalaDocMojo.java:294)
at org.scala_tools.maven.ScalaDocMojo.doExecute(ScalaDocMojo.java:
225)
at org.scala_tools.maven.ScalaMojoSupport.execute
(ScalaMojoSupport.java:303)
... 19 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoFailureException: command line
returned non-zero value:1
at org.scala_tools.maven.JavaCommand.run(JavaCommand.java:224)
at org.scala_tools.maven.JavaCommand.run(JavaCommand.java:194)
at org.scala_tools.maven.ScalaDocMojo.generate(ScalaDocMojo.java:288)
... 21 more

Not sure what to do about this...

George

Timothy Perrett

Jun 27, 2009, 1:01:41 PM6/27/09
to Lift
scala-tools.org is back up and running - Derek called the hosts
directly.

Enjoy.

Cheers, Tim

On Jun 27, 2:57 pm, David Bernard <david.bernard...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> * It's right I don't monitor the mailing list actively (use keyword to
> filter)
> * I'm no longer admin of scala-tools.org (since 2 or 3 month).
>
> To work offline with maven you need to call it with :
> mvn -o ....
>
> but there is a bug with maven 2.0.x and offline mode. you need to use and
> install 2.1.0.
> An other tips : I suggest you modify your pom.xml (or settings.xml) with the
> following code to avoid daily update of lift-snapshots (only on demand when
> you call "mvn -U ....")
>
>         <repository>
>           <id>scala-tools.org.snapshots</id>
>           <releases>
>             <enabled>false</enabled>
>           </releases>
>           <snapshots>
>             <enabled>true</enabled>
>             <updatePolicy>never</updatePolicy>
>           </snapshots>
>         </repository>
>
> see for detailshttp://maven.apache.org/ref/current/maven-model/maven.html#class_snap...

george

Jun 27, 2009, 12:29:21 PM6/27/09
to Lift
ok, well i upgraded maven to 2.1.0 and the build succeeded.

but how can I generate the docs so they are combined into one set like
on http://scala-tools.org/scaladocs/liftweb/1.0, instead of broken up
by package ?

Timothy Perrett

Jun 27, 2009, 2:16:50 PM6/27/09
to Lift
That im not sure - its a vscaladoc thing (which DavidB wrote)...
perhaps he'll chime in shortly with a solution. From what I remember
it requires some additional configuration to do this which we don't
use by default in the lift code base proper (the online api doc is
pushed out by our hudson install)

Cheers, Tim

On Jun 27, 5:29 pm, george <geo...@mattandgeorge.com> wrote:
> ok, well i upgraded maven to 2.1.0 and the build succeeded.
>
> but how can I generate the docs so they are combined into one set like
> onhttp://scala-tools.org/scaladocs/liftweb/1.0, instead of broken up
> by package ?

David Bernard

Jun 27, 2009, 2:53:29 PM6/27/09
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

* To generate the api : all the jar should be installed  (mvn install scala:doc). that is very long because generating api redo compilation (vscaladoc and scaldoc use the scalac api)
* To generate the api in a single doc, I used experimental feature of maven-scala-plugin (2.11-SNAPSHOT) and vscaladoc (1.2-SNASHOT). But the test case I used to check this feature failed with latest SNAPSHOT of both tool (a failure when scala.XML try to load DTD of HTML). I'll release maven-scala-plugin soon (few days) and vscaladoc when the agregate feature will be fixed + some other fix. I hope both will be available before 2009-07-15.

/davidB

george

Jun 28, 2009, 5:47:07 AM6/28/09
to Lift
Thanks

George

On Jun 27, 7:53 pm, David Bernard <david.bernard...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> * To generate the api : all the jar should be installed  (mvn install
> scala:doc). that is very long because generating api redo compilation
> (vscaladoc and scaldoc use the scalac api)
> * To generate the api in a single doc, I used experimental feature of
> maven-scala-plugin (2.11-SNAPSHOT) and vscaladoc (1.2-SNASHOT). But the test
> case I used to check this feature failed with latest SNAPSHOT of both tool
> (a failure when scala.XML try to load DTD of HTML). I'll release
> maven-scala-plugin soon (few days) and vscaladoc when the agregate feature
> will be fixed + some other fix. I hope both will be available before
> 2009-07-15.
>
> /davidB

David Pollak

Jun 28, 2009, 8:04:50 PM6/28/09
to Josh Suereth, lif...@googlegroups.com, Derek Chen-Becker
Folks,

There was a 12 hour network outage at my hosting provider from 9pm PST on Saturday until 9am PST Sunday.  I have a ticket open with them to figure out why there was downtime.  This is the first time I've seen more than 5 minutes of downtime from CalPop since I started using them 2 1/2 years ago.

Thanks,

David
Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Git some: http://github.com/dpp