Cannot clear out multiselect

dave

Oct 26, 2011, 5:01:21 PM10/26/11
to Lift
I'm having a problem using multiselect on LiftScreen.

As long as the user selects something in the multiselect, it works
fine. But if the user de-selects all of the items in a multiselect,
instead of clearing the selection, the selection remains unchanged.

I have a sample app demonstrating the problem in the empty-multiselect-
bug branch on git://github.com/leedm777/lift-sample-app.git.

git clone git://github.com/leedm777/lift-sample-app.git -b empty-
multiselect-bug

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong, or confirm the bug?

Thanks!
dave
<><

David Pollak

Oct 26, 2011, 5:08:41 PM10/26/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
This is a known issue and there's a ticket open for it.

Code: http://github.com/lift

dave

Oct 26, 2011, 5:42:33 PM10/26/11
to Lift
Good! What's the ticket number? My searches for select, multiselect
and multi-select don't turn up anything relevant.

dave
<><

On Oct 26, 4:08 pm, David Pollak <feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> This is a known issue and there's a ticket open for it.

David Pollak

Oct 26, 2011, 7:35:48 PM10/26/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 2:42 PM, dave <leed...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Good!  What's the ticket number?  My searches for select, multiselect
and multi-select don't turn up anything relevant.

No clue.  I do remember the issue and that someone opened a ticket... beyond that... if you can't find a ticket, just open a new one and assign it to me.

dave
<><

wrote:
> This is a known issue and there's a ticket open for it.
>
> On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 2:01 PM, dave <leedm...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I'm having a problem using multiselect on LiftScreen.
>
> > As long as the user selects something in the multiselect, it works
> > fine.  But if the user de-selects all of the items in a multiselect,
> > instead of clearing the selection, the selection remains unchanged.
>
> > I have a sample app demonstrating the problem in the empty-multiselect-
> > bug branch on git://github.com/leedm777/lift-sample-app.git.
>
> >  git clone git://github.com/leedm777/lift-sample-app.git -b empty-
> > multiselect-bug
>
> > Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong, or confirm the bug?
>
> > Thanks!
> > dave
> > <><

Code: http://github.com/lift

dave

Oct 27, 2011, 10:27:48 AM10/27/11
to Lift
On Oct 26, 6:35 pm, David Pollak <feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 2:42 PM, dave <leedm...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Good!  What's the ticket number?  My searches for select, multiselect
> > and multi-select don't turn up anything relevant.
>
> No clue.  I do remember the issue and that someone opened a ticket... beyond
> that... if you can't find a ticket, just open a new one and assign it to me.

New ticket opened:

http://www.assembla.com/spaces/liftweb/tickets/1139-cannot-clear-out-multiselect

Thanks!
dave
<><

Dave Briccetti

Oct 16, 2013, 7:54:28 PM10/16/13
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone found a workaround? A plan for fixing? I’m happy to help.

Richard Dallaway

Oct 17, 2013, 5:42:56 AM10/17/13
to liftweb
As long as the user selects something in the multiselect, it works
fine.  But if the user de-selects all of the items in a multiselect,
instead of clearing the selection, the selection remains unchanged.

I wrote up a workaround in the Cookbook. Head over to http://cookbook.liftweb.net and search for "Selecting no options" (page 72 if you have a print copy).

Add a hidden function that resets the selected items before processing.

Hope that helps
Richard

On 17 October 2013 00:54, Dave Briccetti <dcbri...@gmail.com> wrote:
Has anyone found a workaround? A plan for fixing? I’m happy to help.

Code: http://github.com/lift

---