lift request processing flowcharts

Christopher Taylor

Jan 30, 2011, 11:02:12 AM1/30/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I just ran across TylerWeir's (excellent) flowcharts in the group's files section:
http://liftweb.googlegroups.com/web/lift_request_processing_global.png and http://liftweb.googlegroups.com/web/lift_request_processing_http.png.

Are they still up-to-date? If yes, wouldn't it make sense to move them to the Wiki before Google discontinues the files feature[1]?

Regards,
--Chris

[1]: "In February 2011, we will turn off the pages and files features, and you will no longer be able to access that content.", http://groups-announcements.blogspot.com/2010/09/notice-about-pages-and-files.html?hl=en

Indrajit Raychaudhuri

Jan 30, 2011, 11:04:16 AM1/30/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
+1 on moving it to the wiki regardless.

- Indrajit

Christopher Taylor

Jan 30, 2011, 11:21:01 AM1/30/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Since I couldn't figure out how to add images directly to the wiki, I created a ticket (https://www.assembla.com/spaces/liftweb/tickets/878-save-images-from-google-groups-files-section) and attached the images there.

I added them to the bottom of https://www.assembla.com/wiki/show/liftweb/HTTP_Pipeline

hope that's OK.

Regards,
--Chris

Timothy Perrett

Jan 31, 2011, 10:52:14 AM1/31/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Chris,

Lift in Action has detailed explanation and flow charts of Lift's processing pipeline; chapter 9 is already in MEAP and has been for a while now. Perhaps that will help you.

Cheers, Tim

Christopher Taylor

Jan 31, 2011, 1:05:41 PM1/31/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Tim,

thanks for the pointer. I wasn't running into any problems, I just noticed that Google was discontinuing the files section as of February and thought it would be a pity for the charts to get lost :-).

Regards,
  --Chris

Derek Chen-Becker

Jan 31, 2011, 2:16:32 PM1/31/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
FWIW I plan on integrating those into Exploring Lift, too, so they'll always be in that repo as well.

Derek