Milestone 5 now available!

Charles F. Munat

Sep 9, 2009, 12:57:11 AM9/9/09
to Liftweb
The Lift team proudly announces Milestone 5! Some text here that I
forgot to copy and paste.

Go get it!

Chas. Munat

Randinn

Sep 9, 2009, 2:05:46 AM9/9/09
to Lift
I know it's been said, but it's never said enough. All of you are
doing a great job, we appreciate it and thank you for all the work you
do to make it easier to code for the rest of us.

Charles F. Munat

Sep 9, 2009, 5:02:46 AM9/9/09
to lif...@googlegroups.com
You must be talking about those other guys. All I did was make an
hour-long job into a six-hour job (after having to delay several days
because I accidentally deleted my password). But thanks for the thought!

Chas.

Randinn

Sep 9, 2009, 6:17:59 AM9/9/09
to Lift
Heh, ah, sorry, I should have stated I was saying that to all of the
committers.

TylerWeir

Sep 9, 2009, 8:20:39 AM9/9/09
to Lift
"You must be talking about those other guys. All I did was make an
hour-long job into a six-hour job"

:)

David Bernard

Sep 9, 2009, 8:37:37 AM9/9/09
to lif...@googlegroups.com
you're the new holder of the record :
http://wiki.liftweb.net/index.php/HowTo_deploy_lift_artifacts

Good job

glenn

Sep 9, 2009, 11:02:15 AM9/9/09
to Lift
Does this milestone incorporate what's in 1.1-Snapshot?

Glenn

Timothy Perrett

Sep 9, 2009, 11:15:12 AM9/9/09
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Yes it does, it provides a fixed point in time so that users who are
developing against HEAD can have stability if they are going into
production for instance, or just want a fixed reference point (as we
are far away from 1.0 now)

Cheers, Tim

Xavi Ramirez

Sep 9, 2009, 11:22:04 AM9/9/09
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Please excuse my ignorance, but how do you upgrade to the latest milestone?

I assume it involves updating my POM.xml file, but that's all I know.

Thanks,
Xavi

David Pollak

Sep 9, 2009, 11:38:13 AM9/9/09
to lif...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 2:02 AM, Charles F. Munat <ch...@munat.com> wrote:

You must be talking about those other guys. All I did was make an
hour-long job into a six-hour job (after having to delay several days
because I accidentally deleted my password). But thanks for the thought!

Charles,

Once again, you spun a build... thanks for slogging through it and continuing to contribute to the Lift community!

David

Chas.

Randinn wrote:
> I know it's been said, but it's never said enough. All of you are
> doing a great job, we appreciate it and thank you for all the work you
> do to make it easier to code for the rest of us.
>
> On Sep 9, 2:57 pm, "Charles F. Munat" <c...@munat.com> wrote:
>> The Lift team proudly announces Milestone 5! Some text here that I
>> forgot to copy and paste.
>>
>> Go get it!
>>
>> Chas. Munat

Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Git some: http://github.com/dpp

Timothy Perrett

Sep 9, 2009, 11:41:05 AM9/9/09
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Change:

<version>1.1-M4</version>

<version>1.1-M5</version>

Cheers, Tim

Charles F. Munat

Sep 9, 2009, 12:22:26 PM9/9/09
to lif...@googlegroups.com
I should've been a lawyer, huh?

Charles F. Munat

Sep 9, 2009, 12:23:13 PM9/9/09
to lif...@googlegroups.com
A dubious honor, but I accept it.

Charles F. Munat

Sep 9, 2009, 12:24:07 PM9/9/09
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Yes. That's what the milestones are for.

Chas.

Xavi Ramirez

Sep 10, 2009, 10:01:32 AM9/10/09
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the quick reply.

It seems I have three lift dependencies: lift-util, lift-webkit, lift-mapper

Do I upgrade all them to 1.1-M5?

Thanks,
Xavi

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 11:41 AM, Timothy Perrett

Timothy Perrett

Sep 10, 2009, 10:28:21 AM9/10/09
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Exactly right - upgrade them all.

Cheers, Tim

Indrajit Raychaudhuri

Sep 10, 2009, 10:57:48 AM9/10/09
to Lift
You can typically leave out lift-util in most cases (just remove the
dependency element in the pom) because most of other higher order
modules (like lift-webkit) depend on lift-util and therefore would be
transitively included during the build.

Cheers, Indrajit

On Sep 10, 7:28 pm, Timothy Perrett <timo...@getintheloop.eu> wrote:
> Exactly right - upgrade them all.
>
> Cheers, Tim
>
> On 10 Sep 2009, at 15:01, Xavi Ramirez wrote:
>

> > Thanks for the quick reply.
>
> > It seems I have three lift dependencies: lift-util, lift-webkit,
> > lift-mapper
>
> > Do I upgrade all them to 1.1-M5?
>
> > Thanks,
> > Xavi
>
> > On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 11:41 AM, Timothy Perrett
> > <timo...@getintheloop.eu> wrote:
>
> >> Change:
>
> >> <version>1.1-M4</version>

> >> <version>1.1-M5</version>
>
> >> Cheers, Tim

harryh

Sep 10, 2009, 11:57:16 AM9/10/09
to Lift
Are there generated scaladocs on the web for M5 anywhere?

-harryh

David Pollak

Sep 10, 2009, 11:58:04 AM9/10/09
to lif...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 8:57 AM, harryh <har...@gmail.com> wrote:

Are there generated scaladocs on the web for M5 anywhere?

Antony Blakey

Sep 10, 2009, 6:59:39 PM9/10/09
to lif...@googlegroups.com

On 11/09/2009, at 1:28 AM, David Pollak wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 8:57 AM, harryh <har...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Are there generated scaladocs on the web for M5 anywhere?
>
> http://scala-tools.org/mvnsites/liftweb-1.1-M5/

I must be blind - is there a link to the scaladocs from that page?

Antony Blakey
-------------
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

All that is required for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing.

David Pollak

Sep 10, 2009, 7:15:51 PM9/10/09
to lif...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 3:59 PM, Antony Blakey <antony...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 11/09/2009, at 1:28 AM, David Pollak wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 8:57 AM, harryh <har...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Are there generated scaladocs on the web for M5 anywhere?
>
> http://scala-tools.org/mvnsites/liftweb-1.1-M5/

I must be blind - is there a link to the scaladocs from that page?

Click on a subproject (e.g. lift-utils) then project reports and then scaladocs

Antony Blakey
-------------
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

All that is required for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing.

Antony Blakey

Sep 10, 2009, 8:21:19 PM9/10/09
to lif...@googlegroups.com

On 11/09/2009, at 8:45 AM, David Pollak wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 3:59 PM, Antony Blakey <antony...@gmail.com
> > wrote:
>

> On 11/09/2009, at 1:28 AM, David Pollak wrote:
>

> > On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 8:57 AM, harryh <har...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Are there generated scaladocs on the web for M5 anywhere?
> >
> > http://scala-tools.org/mvnsites/liftweb-1.1-M5/
>
> I must be blind - is there a link to the scaladocs from that page?
>
> Click on a subproject (e.g. lift-utils) then project reports and
> then scaladocs

Ah, thanks. I looked under lift core and couldn't find anything.

Antony Blakey
--------------------------

CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

Political language . . . is designed to make lies sound truthful and
murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
-- George Orwell

Derek Chen-Becker

Sep 11, 2009, 3:25:47 PM9/11/09
to lif...@googlegroups.com
For that matter, was it a special (e.g. hand-run) build to make the "unified" ScalaDocs for 1.0? It would be nice if that were part of the normal build so that each new release had it.

Derek

Peter Robinett

Sep 12, 2009, 1:14:17 PM9/12/09
to Lift