Part 2 of Polls Tutorial

Todd O'Bryan

Sep 15, 2010, 7:48:17 PM9/15/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Part Deux of the Polls Tutorial I'm working on is available at:

https://www.dupontmanual.org/wikis/spectops/PollsTutorialPart2

...in which our intrepid tutorial writer deals with datetime formats,
explains Boxes, and finally manages to CRUDify his basic webapp.

There are a couple of places where I intentionally didn't do things in
the most Lift-like way (for instance, I spelled out a try-catch,
instead of using tryo), but that was just to keep the number of new
concepts at a manageable level.

If someone knowledgeable could look at the code and make sure I didn't
do or say anything really stupid, I'd very much appreciate it.

Todd

TylerWeir

Sep 16, 2010, 9:11:57 AM9/16/10
to Lift
Looks slick Todd, thanks for writing it.

Have you considered syntax highlighting for the snippets?
http://moinmo.in/HelpOnMoinWikiSyntax#Syntax_Highlighting

Todd O'Bryan

Sep 16, 2010, 6:23:40 PM9/16/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Apparently, my version of MoinMoin isn't recent enough to support
Scala highlighting. I must admit, I put off updating it because it's
always a bit of a pain. I'll see what I can do this weekend.

Todd

TylerWeir

Sep 16, 2010, 7:15:09 PM9/16/10
to Lift
Oh, not a directive, just a suggestion.

Great work.

On Sep 16, 6:23 pm, "Todd O'Bryan" <toddobr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Apparently, my version of MoinMoin isn't recent enough to support
> Scala highlighting. I must admit, I put off updating it because it's
> always a bit of a pain. I'll see what I can do this weekend.
>
> Todd

Todd O'Bryan

Sep 16, 2010, 8:31:54 PM9/16/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
No, you're right. It would look better with syntax highlighting.

Mads Hartmann Jensen

Sep 17, 2010, 3:15:57 AM9/17/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
I've previously used Gist's on Github for the syntax highlighting of Scala code and it works great :)

Here's an example: http://lifty.github.com/Lifty-engine/#your_first_processor

When you create a gist you can just embed it using a script tag :) This also means that people can comment on the gist etc.