Eclipse API help docs for Lift,Scala,Java

Vlad Seryakov

Sep 30, 2010, 9:32:22 PM9/30/10
to Lift
Hello Eclipse lovers,

For those who like me working inside Eclipse and spending too much
time in the Web browser reading API documentation and learning the
Lift, there are native Eclipse help plugins that allow using API docs
inside Eclipse using Help search, no need to click and focus another
window.
These are not hover tips like javadocs, these are indexed HTML docs
for Help system.
For Lift i used 2.1-SNAPSHOT docs, Java is 1.6 and Scala is 2.8.1, the
last two just for completion and keeping all related docs in one
place.

Enjoy

How to use:

1. Download
ftp://ftp.crystalballinc.com/pub/vlad/net.liftweb.api.help.zip
ftp://ftp.crystalballinc.com/pub/vlad/org.scala-lang.api.help.zip
ftp://ftp.crystalballinc.com/pub/vlad/java.api.help.zip

2. Unzip it in the eclipse/plugins

3. It is worth to clean help index but it is not necessary:
rm -rf eclipse/configuration/org.eclipse.help.base/index

4. Restart Eclipse and after indexing complete, use help system, there
should appear 3 new API topics

Miles Sabin

Oct 1, 2010, 2:44:30 AM10/1/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com, Vlad Seryakov
On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 2:32 AM, Vlad Seryakov <vser...@gmail.com> wrote:
> For those who like me working inside Eclipse and spending too much
> time in the Web browser reading API documentation and learning the
> Lift, there are native Eclipse help plugins that allow using API docs
> inside Eclipse using Help search, no need to click and focus another
> window.

Excellent stuff! I'd be happy to help create and host an Eclipse
update site for these if you're interested.

Cheers,

Miles

--
Miles Sabin
tel: +44 7813 944 528

Vlad Seryakov

Oct 1, 2010, 2:50:18 AM10/1/10
to Lift
Good idea, i forgot about auto update in Eclipse. I can host them, my
server is in the datacenter but i will have to research how to setup
site.xml properly for these plugins.