Announcing scala-json and zookeeper-client on scala-tools

Steve J.

May 31, 2010, 10:16:37 PM5/31/10
to Lift
DPP asked me to cross-post this announcement here.

Today we've released ostrich, scala-json, querulous, gizzard, and
zookeeper-client as packages on scala-tools.org

+ scala-json is the JSON parser combinator from the Stairway book
with
full test coverage and some bug fixes.

http://github.com/stevej/scala-json

groupID: com.twitter
artifactId: json

+ querulous is a wrapper for interacting with JDBC in a way that's
more natural for Scala developers.

http://github.com/nkallen/querulous

groupID: com.twitter
artifactID: querulous

+ gizzard is a framework for creating distributed datastores, we
currently use gizzard for sharding flock and are moving other
production systems towards it.

http://github.com/twitter/gizzard

groupID: com.twitter
artifactID: gizzard

+ ZooKeeper-client is a nice scala wrapper for interacting with
ZooKeeper.

http://github.com/stevej/zookeeper-client

groupID: com.twitter
artifactId: zookeeper-client

In the next few weeks, we're going to publish all of our Twitter
scala
opensource code onto scala-tools.org. As we do, we'll announce it
here.

Best,
Steve Jenson
@stevej
Engineer at Twitter, Inc

David Pollak

May 31, 2010, 11:03:35 PM5/31/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Steve,

Thanks for the awesome contributions to the Scala ecosystem!

I owe you a Chicago style-steak or some other tasty way of saying "Thanks!"

David

Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Surf the harmonics

Heiko Seeberger

Jun 1, 2010, 2:33:32 AM6/1/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
That's fantastic!
Thanks a lot!

Heiko

> --

Heiko Seeberger

Company: weiglewilczek.com
Blog: heikoseeberger.name
Follow me: twitter.com/hseeberger
OSGi on Scala: scalamodules.org
Lift, the simply functional web framework: liftweb.net
Stambecco, highly scalable computing: stambecco.org

Timothy Perrett

Jun 1, 2010, 6:08:41 AM6/1/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Steve,

I just had to double take the posting name on your email... this must be your first lift post in nearly 2 years?! Great to see you back on the list!

Cheers, Tim

Steve J.

Jun 1, 2010, 11:49:55 PM6/1/10
to Lift
Oh, I was never gone, just quiet. :-)

Although I'm pretty far behind on what's considered state-of-the-art
in Lift-land.

Steve

TylerWeir

Jun 2, 2010, 7:54:19 AM6/2/10
to Lift
You guys are making huge contributions back to the scale community.

Thank all the twitter guys for us Steve.