Weekly Article Request

Xavi Ramirez

Jul 21, 2009, 11:22:26 PM7/21/09
to liftweb
Hello,

My name is Xavi and I've volunteered as the wiki garden. Every week
I'll post a couple of articles topics that we should work on. Here
are my picks for this week.

Articles we should write:
How to parse and create JSON
How to use to create a login system using OpenID
How to hide and show Admin content
HowTo get/store session data
Lift's Rendering Pipeline (here's helpful post
http://groups.google.com/group/liftweb/msg/1f156eeec71da397)

Articles we should update:
http://wiki.liftweb.net/index.php/SetUp_jEdit
http://wiki.liftweb.net/index.php/HowTo_start_a_new_liftwebapp
http://wiki.liftweb.net/index.php/How_to_localize

Please don't feel limited to the pages I mentioned above. Feel free
to edit/create any page you like. If you need an account, just ask
and I'll create one for you.

Also if there's an article you'd like to see written or improved,
please let us know!

Thanks,
Xavi

yonkeltron

Jul 22, 2009, 8:40:21 AM7/22/09
to Lift
Thank you! I think this is a great Idea,

I would like to add my request for an article on testing Lift
applications. I have seen some strategies discussed on a mailing list
but I think it would be tremendously helpful if there could be an
article describing the different ways to do testing for either TDD,
BDD or whatever a person might like. Examples, naturally, would be a
must for this. If I could some pointers on where to start myself, I
might be open to helping to write this article.

Thanks again!

On Jul 21, 11:22 pm, Xavi Ramirez <xavi....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My name is Xavi and I've volunteered as the wiki garden.  Every week
> I'll post a couple of articles topics that we should work on.  Here
> are my picks for this week.
>
> Articles we should write:
> How to parse and create JSON
> How to use to create a login system using OpenID
> How to hide and show Admin content
> HowTo get/store session data
> Lift's Rendering Pipeline (here's helpful posthttp://groups.google.com/group/liftweb/msg/1f156eeec71da397)
>
> Articles we should update:http://wiki.liftweb.net/index.php/SetUp_jEdithttp://wiki.liftweb.net/index.php/HowTo_start_a_new_liftwebapphttp://wiki.liftweb.net/index.php/How_to_localize

Timothy Perrett

Jul 22, 2009, 9:51:23 AM7/22/09
to Lift
Xavi,

I'll do the one on localization - think im the only committer doing
any heavy duty localization work so probably best placed to write an
example / how-to. I'll try and churn something out onto my blog then
just convert it wholesale onto the lift wiki.

Cheers, Tim

PS: You deserve a medal for your initiative here, it truly is most
welcome... the commit team need someone externally to kick us into
writing documentation... you are doing good work, keep it up.

On Jul 22, 4:22 am, Xavi Ramirez <xavi....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My name is Xavi and I've volunteered as the wiki garden.  Every week
> I'll post a couple of articles topics that we should work on.  Here
> are my picks for this week.
>
> Articles we should write:
> How to parse and create JSON
> How to use to create a login system using OpenID
> How to hide and show Admin content
> HowTo get/store session data
> Lift's Rendering Pipeline (here's helpful posthttp://groups.google.com/group/liftweb/msg/1f156eeec71da397)
>
> Articles we should update:http://wiki.liftweb.net/index.php/SetUp_jEdithttp://wiki.liftweb.net/index.php/HowTo_start_a_new_liftwebapphttp://wiki.liftweb.net/index.php/How_to_localize

David Pollak

Jul 22, 2009, 11:37:32 AM7/22/09
to lif...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 3:22 AM, Xavi Ramirez <xavi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

My name is Xavi and I've volunteered as the wiki garden.  Every week
I'll post a couple of articles topics that we should work on.  Here
are my picks for this week.

Articles we should write:
How to parse and create JSON
How to use to create a login system using OpenID
How to hide and show Admin content
HowTo get/store session data

dpp owns the above
dpp owns the above

http://wiki.liftweb.net/index.php/How_to_localize

Please don't feel limited to the pages I mentioned above.  Feel free
to edit/create any page you like.  If you need an account, just ask
and I'll create one for you.

Also if there's an article you'd like to see written or improved,
please let us know!

Thanks,
Xavi

Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Git some: http://github.com/dpp

Xavi Ramirez

Jul 22, 2009, 10:31:27 PM7/22/09
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the kind words, but it was really David P. who suggested
the weekly article request.

Also, thank you for lending a helping hand.

-Xavi

David Pollak

Jul 30, 2009, 12:51:37 AM7/30/09
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Mine articles are done.

Xavi Ramirez

Jul 30, 2009, 11:23:23 AM7/30/09
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Awesome! Thanks for the hard work guys.

Sorry, I haven't sent another list out. I moved last weekend and I
still don't have internet in my house. I'll try to send another list
in the next couple of days.

-Xavi

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 12:51 AM, David

Timothy Perrett

Jul 30, 2009, 12:17:16 PM7/30/09
to Lift
Xavi,

Have you got links for the new pages... seems like it would make a
complete picture then for the archives :-)

Cheers, Tim