lift presentation

Wilson MacGyver

Jun 25, 2009, 1:04:23 AM6/25/09
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm doing a presentation on lift to my local java user group next month.

I'm wondering if any of you have slides on lift that I can borrow/leverage? :)

Thanks,
Mac

marius d.

Jun 25, 2009, 2:16:48 AM6/25/09
to Lift
I'm giving today a presentation for Transylvania JUG ... I'll email
you my material.

Br's,
Marius

Marius Danciu

Jun 25, 2009, 3:26:45 AM6/25/09
to wmac...@gmail.com, liftweb
Hi,

Here it is ... I'll let you know if I'll get bombed to eggs and tomatoes ....

Br's,
Marius
An overview of Scala and LiftWeb.ppt

Timothy Perrett

Jun 25, 2009, 5:57:02 AM6/25/09
to Lift
You can find all of DPP's preso's here: http://is.gd/1cUi0

Cheers, Tim

fan...@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2009, 7:28:44 AM6/25/09
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Wilson MacGyver a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I'm doing a presentation on lift to my local java user group next month.
>
> I'm wondering if any of you have slides on lift that I can borrow/leverage? :)

I did a presentation some weeks ago, the slides are under a creative
common licence, so use them if you want !

http://fanf42.blogspot.com/2009/06/tour-of-scala-ossgtp-paris-oss-user.html

--
Francois Armand
http://fanf42.blogspot.com

Francois Armand

Jun 25, 2009, 7:31:44 AM6/25/09
to lif...@googlegroups.com

> I did a presentation some weeks ago, the slides are under a creative common
> licence, so use them if you want !
>
> http://fanf42.blogspot.com/2009/06/tour-of-scala-ossgtp-paris-oss-user.html

OK, just ignore this message, it was a *Scala* presentation, not a
*Lift* one - sorry, I read your post too quickly - and no, the fact
that we were in Lift ml didn't make me find that strange :)

Francois Armand
http://fanf42.blogspot.com/

Wilson MacGyver

Jun 25, 2009, 8:20:25 AM6/25/09
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much!

Wilson MacGyver

Jun 25, 2009, 8:21:10 AM6/25/09
to lif...@googlegroups.com
heheh, no problem. I did the one on Scala back in Feb. :)

Jeremy Day

Jun 25, 2009, 8:24:06 AM6/25/09
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Guys,

I just want to say that I haven't started using Lift yet but I already love it.  This community is very supportive and responsive.  Keep up the awesome work!

Jeremy

David Pollak

Jun 29, 2009, 12:31:44 PM6/29/09
to lif...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 5:24 AM, Jeremy Day <jerem...@gmail.com> wrote:
Guys,

I just want to say that I haven't started using Lift yet but I already love it.  This community is very supportive and responsive.  Keep up the awesome work!

Grin!  This is the kind of message (and thread) that makes coming home from vacation a very good thing!

Also, please see http://liftweb.blip.tv

Basically, the preso is building the chat app in 40 lines of code in front of people, then discussing the Scala language features that make it possible.

Jeremy

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 7:31 AM, Francois Armand<fan...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I did a presentation some weeks ago, the slides are under a creative common
>> licence, so use them if you want !
>>
>> http://fanf42.blogspot.com/2009/06/tour-of-scala-ossgtp-paris-oss-user.html
>

> OK, just ignore this message, it was a *Scala* presentation, not a
> *Lift* one - sorry, I read your post too quickly - and no, the fact
> that we were in Lift ml didn't make me find that strange :)
>

> --
> --
> Francois Armand
> http://fanf42.blogspot.com/

Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Git some: http://github.com/dpp

Wilson MacGyver

Jun 29, 2009, 12:35:38 PM6/29/09
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the links. I'll be "borrowing" those too. :) And thanks for
the "lift". :) (ducking from incoming tomatoes)

marius d.

Jun 29, 2009, 1:05:11 PM6/29/09
to Lift
I had it last Thursday ... it was a ~ 40 Java people ...very few
(colleagues of mine) that heard and try Scala & Lift ... I think it
went ok cause I got plenty of questions + some Java jokes about
Scala's syntax and principles but I expected that.

I guess most of the functional concept are hard to grasp by an
imperative mind ... at least not in 2 hours presentation :D

Br's,
Marius

On Jun 29, 7:35 pm, Wilson MacGyver <wmacgy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for the links. I'll be "borrowing" those too. :) And thanks forthe
> "lift". :) (ducking from incoming tomatoes)
>
> On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 12:31 PM, David Pollak <
>

> feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 5:24 AM, Jeremy Day <jeremy....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Guys,
>
> >> I just want to say that I haven't started using Lift yet but I already
> >> love it.  This community is very supportive and responsive.  Keep up the
> >> awesome work!
>
> > Grin!  This is the kind of message (and thread) that makes coming home from
> > vacation a very good thing!
>
> > My most recent Lift/Scala preso is the dpp_osb.odp file in
> >http://github.com/dpp/lift-samples/tree/61c376dc9f0d99113229894d4a5b8...
>
> > Also, please seehttp://liftweb.blip.tv
>
> > Basically, the preso is building the chat app in 40 lines of code in front
> > of people, then discussing the Scala language features that make it
> > possible.
>
> >> Jeremy

> > --
> > Lift, the simply functional web frameworkhttp://liftweb.net
> > Beginning Scalahttp://www.apress.com/book/view/1430219890

Wilson MacGyver

Jul 14, 2009, 11:19:32 PM7/14/09
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Just want to report back, I gave the lift presentation to my local
java user group.
It went well. The comet-chat demo was a crowd pleaser.

I want to especially thank Marius and David for letting me use their material.
Fun times.

Thanks,
Mac