Example Lift/Scala with Role management

andrea

Aug 24, 2010, 2:44:51 PM8/24/10
to Lift
Hi All!

I am very new in Scala and Lift, I have read some books of Scala and
Lift, and I programming the examples, but now I need an application
refered to Role management, and I saw the trait Role
(net.liftweb.http.auth.Role) and the library slf4j, but the
information is extensive.
Someone knows or has an example of how to manage roles with Lift or at
least the basic steps of how I start?

thank you very much for reading

David Pollak

Aug 24, 2010, 7:23:43 PM8/24/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 11:44 AM, andrea <tatiana...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All!

I am very new in Scala and Lift, I have read  some books of Scala and
Lift, and I programming the examples, but now I need an application
refered to Role management, and I saw the  trait Role
(net.liftweb.http.auth.Role)

This is specific to the HTTP basic auth and not a general "Role"

and the library slf4j, but the
information is extensive.
Someone knows or has an example of how to manage roles with Lift or at
least the basic steps of how I start?

There's nothing I know of that gives you Roles right out of the box.  Sorry.

thank you very much for reading

Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Blog: http://goodstuff.im
Surf the harmonics

Martin

Aug 25, 2010, 2:27:23 AM8/25/10
to Lift
Basic role management is something almost every web application needs
to take care of. I would love to see some built-in role functionality
in Lift (a bit more advanced than superuser in ProtoUser). But maybe
this is out of scope. Anyhow, I have it on my wish list :-)

Martin

On Aug 25, 1:23 am, David Pollak <feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 11:44 AM, andrea <tatiana.mor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi All!
>
> > I am very new in Scala and Lift, I have read  some books of Scala and
> > Lift, and I programming the examples, but now I need an application
> > refered to Role management, and I saw the  trait Role
> > (net.liftweb.http.auth.Role)
>
> This is specific to the HTTP basic auth and not a general "Role"
>
> > and the library slf4j, but the
> > information is extensive.
> > Someone knows or has an example of how to manage roles with Lift or at
> > least the basic steps of how I start?
>
> There's nothing I know of that gives you Roles right out of the box.  Sorry.
>

> > thank you very much for reading
>
> > --
>
> --
> Beginning Scalahttp://www.apress.com/book/view/1430219890

andrea

Aug 25, 2010, 2:37:30 PM8/25/10
to Lift
Hi! All Thanks for your answer!

What do you recommend?, only the core API of Lift or may be to use
slf4j library, I need a recommendation.

David Pollak

Aug 25, 2010, 2:58:32 PM8/25/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 11:37 AM, andrea <tatiana...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi! All  Thanks for your answer!

What do you recommend?, only the core API of Lift or may be to use
slf4j library, I need a recommendation.

slf4j is a logging library, not a role library.

What's your goal?  What are you trying to build?

Dick Hirsch

Aug 29, 2010, 5:08:13 AM8/29/10
to Lift
You may want to think of managing roles externally (for example in an
LDAP). Lift has LDAP support although it is currently connected to the
MetaMegaProtoUser and / or MegaProtoUser.

D.

On Aug 25, 8:58 pm, David Pollak <feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com>