lift-couchdb pushed to master

Ross Mellgren

Feb 12, 2010, 12:07:09 AM2/12/10
to liftweb
I've just pushed the CouchDB integration using Lift-JSON and Dispatch that I've talked about on the list a couple times before.

It has a couple pieces:
- A straight JSON integration to CouchDB implemented by providing a family of extended Request subclasses that model CouchDB operations such as queries, revisions, storing and so on.
- A Lift-JSON Record implementation, JSONRecord.
- An extended JSONRecord that integrates with the JSON-oriented integration, CouchRecord.

The best examples of how to use it are currently the unit tests:

http://github.com/dpp/liftweb/tree/master/framework/lift-persistence/lift-couchdb/src/test/scala/net/liftweb/couchdb/

They cover most of the API. I plan to write some simple documentation at some point.

Share and Enjoy,
-Ross

Timothy Perrett

Feb 12, 2010, 4:26:26 AM2/12/10
to Lift
Congratulations Ross.

Cheers, Tim

On Feb 12, 5:07 am, Ross Mellgren <dri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've just pushed the CouchDB integration using Lift-JSON and Dispatch that I've talked about on the list a couple times before.
>
> It has a couple pieces:
>   - A straight JSON integration to CouchDB implemented by providing a family of extended Request subclasses that model CouchDB operations such as queries, revisions, storing and so on.
>   - A Lift-JSON Record implementation, JSONRecord.
>   - An extended JSONRecord that integrates with the JSON-oriented integration, CouchRecord.
>
> The best examples of how to use it are currently the unit tests:
>

> http://github.com/dpp/liftweb/tree/master/framework/lift-persistence/...

Indrajit Raychaudhuri

Feb 12, 2010, 8:19:27 AM2/12/10
to Lift
Nice, very nice!

David Pollak

Feb 12, 2010, 11:52:11 AM2/12/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 1:26 AM, Timothy Perrett <tim...@getintheloop.eu> wrote:
Congratulations Ross.

+1

Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Surf the harmonics

Ross Mellgren

Feb 12, 2010, 2:23:22 PM2/12/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Thanks guys. I hope people other than me find it useful :-)

I'm working on implementing MetaMegaProtoUser style stuff as mixin traits for Records, though I don't know how far I'll get with my spare time at current levels. Maybe if that excites me enough (and no one has addressed it) I'll move on to CRUDify/CRUDops style stuff for Record too.

-Ross