*** BREAKING CHANGES *** - JS Api normalizations

1 view

Marius

Mar 13, 2010, 10:51:43 AM3/13/10
to Lift
I thought I posted this message but I don't see it in the list ... or
maybe it's just deja-vu.

Anyways here it is again. JqJsCmds (JsCmd classes specific for JQuery)
contained some composition mechanisms redundant with when JsCmd and
JsExp already has. Furthermore JsMethod name was used too loosely.

Changes made:

1. JsMethod was renamed to JsMember. Thus if your code uses this
explicitly will need to change.
2. JQueryLeft and JQueryRight traits are deprecated as JsExp JsCmd
already provide necessary support for chaining.
3. >> method is also deprecated. Please use ~> from JsExp instead.
This was also redundant.

If you had code something like:

jsExp >> new JQueryRight() {
def toJsCmd = ..
}

replace it with :

jsExp ~> new JsMember() {
def toJsCmd = ..
}

Should you have any questions/problems, please let me know. I'll try
to respond ASAP.

Br's,
Marius