Lift request processing flow chart

Francois

Jun 2, 2010, 9:08:38 AM6/2/10
to Lift
Hello guys,

I'm trying to better understand what happen when a request is processed
by Lift, and especially how/when rendering is done (for template,
snippets, etc). And it seems that there is a bunch of hooks and possible
path...

I didn't found much resources on that topic, safe for chapter 7.2 of
LiftBook, and the code itself.

I started to note the global request processing scheme, but I'm arriving
to a point where there is just too much information, and I didn't even
started to search what is happening with snippets.

I noted everything in an OpenOffice flow chart document available here:
- http://umbre.hd.free.fr/tmp/lift/lift_request_processing.odg

There is a first chart for the global request processing, and an other
for the HTTP request processing:
- http://umbre.hd.free.fr/tmp/lift/lift_request_processing_global.png
- http://umbre.hd.free.fr/tmp/lift/lift_request_processing_http.png

(it's on my pc, sorry for the slowness)

So, if anybody with knowledge of what is wrong or missing (all the
snippet binding for ex) in theses flow charts could point it, I will be
glad to correct them (and if it's okay, give them back to the community
(put them in the wiki or whatever)).

Ho, and of course, I would be glad to be pointed to any resources on
that topic :)

--
Francois ARMAND
http://fanf42.blogspot.com

TylerWeir

Jun 2, 2010, 10:01:17 AM6/2/10
to Lift
They look good, could you kick out larger pngs and upload either to
this group or to the Wiki?

On Jun 2, 9:08 am, Francois <fan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I'm trying to better understand what happen when a request is processed
> by Lift, and especially how/when rendering is done (for template,
> snippets, etc). And it seems that there is a bunch of hooks and possible
> path...
>
> I didn't found much resources on that topic, safe for chapter 7.2 of
> LiftBook, and the code itself.
>
> I started to note the global request processing scheme, but I'm arriving
> to a point where there is just too much information, and I didn't even
> started to search what is happening with snippets.
>
> I noted everything in an OpenOffice flow chart document available here:
> -http://umbre.hd.free.fr/tmp/lift/lift_request_processing.odg

David Pollak

Jun 2, 2010, 11:04:12 AM6/2/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 7:01 AM, TylerWeir <tyler...@gmail.com> wrote:
They look good, could you kick out larger pngs and upload either to
this group or to the Wiki?

Yeah... I think Francois just earned himself a job as the Lift request-flow guru.  Next thing, he'll be fixing bugs and put me and Marius out of a job. ;-)

Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Surf the harmonics

TylerWeir

Jun 2, 2010, 3:29:07 PM6/2/10
to Lift
Uploaded to the Files section of the group:
http://groups.google.com/group/liftweb/files

I'll create a wiki page as well.

On Jun 2, 11:04 am, David Pollak <feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > liftweb+u...@googlegroups.com<liftweb%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> > .
> > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://groups.google.com/group/liftweb?hl=en.
>
> --
> Beginning Scalahttp://www.apress.com/book/view/1430219890

Francois Armand

Jun 3, 2010, 3:15:08 AM6/3/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Le 02/06/2010 21:29, TylerWeir a �crit :

> Uploaded to the Files section of the group:
> http://groups.google.com/group/liftweb/files
>
> I'll create a wiki page as well.

Thanks !

--