access to raw HttpServletRequest/Response

harryh

Sep 22, 2009, 4:07:43 PM9/22/09
to Lift
Is it still possible to get access to the raw HttpServletRequest/
Response objects? I know you could at least do this for Request from
S, but now I'm not seeing it anymore.

Looking to get this so I can use

http://mrepo.happyfern.com/sites/facebook-java-api/facebook-java-api/apidocs/com/google/code/facebookapi/FacebookWebappHelper.html

(I've found getting off the ground with lift-facebook....somewhat
confusing).

-harryh

David Pollak

Sep 22, 2009, 4:53:50 PM9/22/09
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Please open a ticket for this one as well.  I'll expose it for you.
Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Surf the harmonics

marius d.

Sep 22, 2009, 6:58:30 PM9/22/09
to Lift
I really don't think Lift should expose directly expose servlet
references. Applications still have access to servlet stuff by
explicit casting.

You can do it today like this:

S.containerRequest.map(r => (r.asInstanceOf[HTTPRequestServlet]).req)

Br's,
Marius

On Sep 22, 3:53 pm, David Pollak <feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Please open a ticket for this one as well.  I'll expose it for you.
>

> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 1:07 PM, harryh <har...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Is it still possible to get access to the raw HttpServletRequest/
> > Response objects?  I know you could at least do this for Request from
> > S, but now I'm not seeing it anymore.
>
> > Looking to get this so I can use
>
> >http://mrepo.happyfern.com/sites/facebook-java-api/facebook-java-api/...
>
> > (I've found getting off the ground with lift-facebook....somewhat
> > confusing).
>
> > -harryh
>
> --
> Beginning Scalahttp://www.apress.com/book/view/1430219890

David Pollak

Sep 22, 2009, 7:24:30 PM9/22/09
to lif...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 3:58 PM, marius d. <marius...@gmail.com> wrote:

I really don't think Lift should expose directly expose servlet
references. Applications still have access to servlet stuff by
explicit casting.

You can do it today like this:

S.containerRequest.map(r => (r.asInstanceOf[HTTPRequestServlet]).req)

That's what I was planning to expose... no need to open a ticket.

wrote:
> Please open a ticket for this one as well.  I'll expose it for you.
>

> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 1:07 PM, harryh <har...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Is it still possible to get access to the raw HttpServletRequest/
> > Response objects?  I know you could at least do this for Request from
> > S, but now I'm not seeing it anymore.
>
> > Looking to get this so I can use
>
> >http://mrepo.happyfern.com/sites/facebook-java-api/facebook-java-api/...
>
> > (I've found getting off the ground with lift-facebook....somewhat
> > confusing).
>
> > -harryh
>
> --
> Beginning Scalahttp://www.apress.com/book/view/1430219890
> Follow me:http://twitter.com/dpp
> Surf the harmonics

harryh

Sep 23, 2009, 12:03:28 PM9/23/09
to Lift
> You can do it today like this:
>
> S.containerRequest.map(r => (r.asInstanceOf[HTTPRequestServlet]).req)

eh? I'm getting this error:

[error] value req is not a member of
net.liftweb.http.provider.servlet.HTTPRequestServlet
[error] val request: HttpServletRequest = S.containerRequest.map(r =>
(r.asInstanceOf[HTTPRequestServlet]).req).open_!

-harryh

David Pollak

Sep 25, 2009, 12:58:01 PM9/25/09
to lif...@googlegroups.com

Once this review-board change is accepted, the above code will work:
http://reviewboard.liftweb.net/r/12/

-harryh