Announcing Lift 2.4 Final

Indrajit Raychaudhuri

Jan 12, 2012, 2:39:42 PM1/12/12
to lift-a...@googlegroups.com, lif...@googlegroups.com, scala-a...@googlegroups.com
The Lift team proudly announces the availability of the final release of Lift version 2.4.

Lift is a powerful, secure and most matured web framework available today. There are Seven Things that distinguish Lift from other web frameworks.

Lift applications are:
  • Secure – Lift apps are resistant to common vulnerabilities including many of the OWASP Top 10
  • Developer centric – Lift apps are fast to build, concise and easy to maintain
  • Scalable – Lift apps are high performance and scale in the real world to handle insane traffic levels
  • Interactive like a desktop app – Lift's Comet and Ajax support are super-easy and very secure

Read an overview of how Lift achieves these important goals.

Lift open source software licensed under an Apache 2.0 license.

Lift 2.4 includes the following new features and enhancements:
  • Lots of enhancements to JSON support
  • Record improvments
  • Squeryl/Record support for Crudify
  • Singificant enhancement to MongoDB support (including better support for reference records and binary fields)
  • Support for BsonDSL (BSON types to JsonDSL)
  • Significant enhancements to Mailer functionality
  • Significant enhancements to the CSS Selector transformers
  • Enhancements to Snippet resolution like sub-packages based resolution, Loc-based snippet resolution of Screen and Wizard, etc.
  • Significant improvement to REST support including stateless Async/Continuations on Jetty 7, Jetty 8 and Tomcat/Glassfish
  • Ability to get html5 compliant templates using data-lift attribute
  • Numerous localization modules
A complete list of changes are available for all the preceding milestones here:

Please join the Lift Community and enjoy building awesome apps with Lift.

Thank you, enjoy Lift!
- The Lift Team

Andreas Joseph Krogh

Jan 12, 2012, 2:42:29 PM1/12/12
to lif...@googlegroups.com
On 01/12/2012 08:39 PM, Indrajit Raychaudhuri wrote:
[...]

Nice work, thanks!
--
Andreas Joseph Krogh <and...@officenet.no> - mob: +47 909 56 963
Senior Software Developer / CTO - OfficeNet AS - http://www.officenet.no

David Pollak

Jan 12, 2012, 2:47:34 PM1/12/12
to lif...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 11:42 AM, Andreas Joseph Krogh <and...@officenet.no> wrote:
[...]

+1

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh <and...@officenet.no> - mob: +47 909 56 963
Senior Software Developer / CTO - OfficeNet AS - http://www.officenet.no
Public key: http://home.officenet.no/~andreak/public_key.asc

Code: http://github.com/lift

Visi.Pro, Cloud Computing for the Rest of Us http://visi.pro

Jeppe Nejsum Madsen

Jan 12, 2012, 2:54:05 PM1/12/12
to lif...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 8:39 PM, Indrajit Raychaudhuri
<indr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The Lift team proudly announces the availability of the final release of
> Lift version 2.4.

Awesome, thanks!

/Jeppe

AGYNAMIX Torsten Uhlmann

Jan 12, 2012, 3:04:37 PM1/12/12
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Cool, Congratulations!

--
AGYNAMIX(R). Passionate Software.
Inh. Torsten Uhlmann | Buchenweg 5 | 09380 Thalheim

Diego Medina

Jan 12, 2012, 3:12:53 PM1/12/12
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Great news!

You guys really added a lot to 2.4!

Diego

--
Diego Medina
Web Developer

Chenguang He

Jan 12, 2012, 5:46:52 PM1/12/12
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Final !
Congratulations guys.

Chenguang He

Ján Raska

Jan 12, 2012, 6:35:33 PM1/12/12
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Great, thanks a lot :)

CharlieChen

Jan 12, 2012, 10:24:30 PM1/12/12
to Lift
Why no body update the official website!!??

On 1月13日, 上午3时39分, Indrajit Raychaudhuri <indraj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The Lift <http://liftweb.net/> team proudly announces the
> availability<http://liftweb.net/download>of the final release of Lift
> version 2.4.
>
> Lift is a powerful, secure and most matured web framework available today.
> There are Seven Things <http://seventhings.liftweb.net/> that distinguish
> Lift from other web frameworks.
>
> Lift applications are:
>
>    - Secure – Lift apps are resistant to common vulnerabilities including
>    many of the OWASP Top 10
>    - Developer centric – Lift apps are fast to build, concise and easy to
>    maintain
>    - Scalable – Lift apps are high performance and scale in the real world
>    to handle insane traffic levels
>    - Interactive like a desktop app – Lift's Comet and Ajax support are
>    super-easy and very secure
>
> Read an overview <http://liftweb.net/lift_overview> of how Lift achieves
> these important goals.
>
> Lift open source software licensed under an Apache 2.0 license.
>
> Lift 2.4 includes the following new features and enhancements:
>
>    - Lots of enhancements to JSON support
>    - Record improvments
>    - Squeryl/Record support for Crudify
>    - Singificant enhancement to MongoDB support (including better support
>    for reference records and binary fields)
>    - Support for BsonDSL (BSON types to JsonDSL)
>    - Significant enhancements to Mailer functionality
>    - Significant enhancements to the CSS Selector transformers
>    - Enhancements to Snippet resolution like sub-packages based resolution,
>    Loc-based snippet resolution of Screen and Wizard, etc.
>    - Significant improvement to REST support including stateless
>    Async/Continuations on Jetty 7, Jetty 8 and Tomcat/Glassfish
>    - Ability to get html5 compliant templates using data-lift attribute
>    - Numerous localization modules
>
> A complete list of changes are available for all the preceding milestones
> here:
>
> http://www.assembla.com/spaces/liftweb/milestones/367456http://www.assembla.com/spaces/liftweb/milestones/387120http://www.assembla.com/spaces/liftweb/milestones/431058http://www.assembla.com/spaces/liftweb/milestones/525891http://www.assembla.com/spaces/liftweb/milestones/387136
>
> Please join the Lift Community
> <https://groups.google.com/group/liftweb>and enjoy building awesome

Denis Bardadym

Jan 12, 2012, 11:56:21 PM1/12/12
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Thanks

Oleg Puzanov

Jan 13, 2012, 3:01:00 AM1/13/12
to Lift
Great news!

On Jan 13, 6:56 am, Denis Bardadym <bardadymc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks
>
> 2012/1/13 CharlieChen <xhcss...@gmail.com>:
> >>http://www.assembla.com/spaces/liftweb/milestones/367456http://www.as...

L S

Jan 13, 2012, 3:03:58 AM1/13/12
to lif...@googlegroups.com, lift-a...@googlegroups.com, scala-a...@googlegroups.com
Cool!
I use Lift "2.4-M4" in my project with sbt, how update Lift to 2.4?

Aditya Vishwakarma

Jan 13, 2012, 4:14:16 AM1/13/12
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Excellent :) Time to update repos
Aditya Vishwakarma

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 1:33 PM, L S <lun...@gmail.com> wrote:
Cool!
I use Lift "2.4-M4" in my project with sbt, how update Lift to 2.4?

Aditya Vishwakarma

Jan 13, 2012, 4:17:25 AM1/13/12
to lif...@googlegroups.com
@L S try changing 2.4-M4 to 2.4. Should be able to pick from the repos.

Aditya Vishwakarma

Sören Kress

Jan 13, 2012, 7:07:26 AM1/13/12
to lif...@googlegroups.com, lift-a...@googlegroups.com, scala-a...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the excellent work!

Soeren

David Pollak

Jan 13, 2012, 11:11:53 AM1/13/12
to lif...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 7:24 PM, CharlieChen <xhcs...@gmail.com> wrote:
Why no body update the official website!!??

Have you sent in your support check to Indrajit and the other committers for their hard work in getting the 2.4 release out the door?  If not, it is not appropriate for you to demand that the committers do more work for free.

--
Visi.Pro, Cloud Computing for the Rest of Us http://visi.pro

Brian K

Jan 13, 2012, 1:09:05 PM1/13/12
to Lift
Great stuff! Thanks!

Brian

On Jan 12, 2:39 pm, Indrajit Raychaudhuri <indraj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The Lift <http://liftweb.net/> team proudly announces the
> availability<http://liftweb.net/download>of the final release of Lift
> version 2.4.
>
> Lift is a powerful, secure and most matured web framework available today.
> There are Seven Things <http://seventhings.liftweb.net/> that distinguish
> Lift from other web frameworks.
>
> Lift applications are:
>
>    - Secure – Lift apps are resistant to common vulnerabilities including
>    many of the OWASP Top 10
>    - Developer centric – Lift apps are fast to build, concise and easy to
>    maintain
>    - Scalable – Lift apps are high performance and scale in the real world
>    to handle insane traffic levels
>    - Interactive like a desktop app – Lift's Comet and Ajax support are
>    super-easy and very secure
>
> Read an overview <http://liftweb.net/lift_overview> of how Lift achieves
> these important goals.
>
> Lift open source software licensed under an Apache 2.0 license.
>
> Lift 2.4 includes the following new features and enhancements:
>
>    - Lots of enhancements to JSON support
>    - Record improvments
>    - Squeryl/Record support for Crudify
>    - Singificant enhancement to MongoDB support (including better support
>    for reference records and binary fields)
>    - Support for BsonDSL (BSON types to JsonDSL)
>    - Significant enhancements to Mailer functionality
>    - Significant enhancements to the CSS Selector transformers
>    - Enhancements to Snippet resolution like sub-packages based resolution,
>    Loc-based snippet resolution of Screen and Wizard, etc.
>    - Significant improvement to REST support including stateless
>    Async/Continuations on Jetty 7, Jetty 8 and Tomcat/Glassfish
>    - Ability to get html5 compliant templates using data-lift attribute
>    - Numerous localization modules
>
> A complete list of changes are available for all the preceding milestones
> here:
>
> http://www.assembla.com/spaces/liftweb/milestones/367456http://www.assembla.com/spaces/liftweb/milestones/387120http://www.assembla.com/spaces/liftweb/milestones/431058http://www.assembla.com/spaces/liftweb/milestones/525891http://www.assembla.com/spaces/liftweb/milestones/387136
>
> Please join the Lift Community
> <https://groups.google.com/group/liftweb>and enjoy building awesome

CharlieChen

Jan 13, 2012, 10:27:45 PM1/13/12
to Lift
I am sorry. I really appreciate the work from your guys.

Actually I check this google group and the github repos almostly
everyday. So whether the official website is updated is not big issue
to me. But it could be the possibility that give bad impression to
those guys who just begin liftweb. I learn liftweb just because I like
it, so I mean there should be somebody update the website for the good
of lift's development.

On 1月14日, 上午12时11分, David Pollak <feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> >http://www.assembla.com/spaces/liftweb/milestones/367456http://www.as...
>
> > > Please join the Lift Community
> > > <https://groups.google.com/group/liftweb>and enjoy building awesome
> > > apps with Lift.
>
> > > Thank you, enjoy Lift!
> > > - The Lift Team
>
> > --
> > Lift, the simply functional web framework:http://liftweb.net
> > Code:http://github.com/lift
> > Discussion:http://groups.google.com/group/liftweb
> > Stuck? Help us help you:
> >https://www.assembla.com/wiki/show/liftweb/Posting_example_code
>
> --
> Visi.Pro, Cloud Computing for the Rest of Ushttp://visi.pro

Olek Swirski

Jan 14, 2012, 12:23:16 AM1/14/12
to lif...@googlegroups.com
@CharlieChen, I guess just the !!?? at the end of the sentence
instead of the usual ? could have made bad impression.

>>> world

Olek Swirski

Jan 14, 2012, 12:26:17 AM1/14/12
to Lift
Big thanks to all the committers! Lift indeed is very powerful
& cool to use, and you continue to make it even better.

CharlieChen

Jan 14, 2012, 1:46:08 AM1/14/12
to Lift
Yeah, I think so. I am sorry for that. But English is not my native
language. I add !!?? just because I think the official website is also
important. Pls forgive.
> >> Blog:http://goodstuff.im- Hide quoted text -

Kevin

Jan 14, 2012, 7:34:05 AM1/14/12
to Lift
I know there are lots of works to getting things sync together given
things change so rapidly (etc SBT, Scala and Jetty). I run these
components back and forth without seeing any problems. BIG THANKS to
Indrajit and the committers!

surant...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2012, 1:38:29 AM1/14/12
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Just learning at the very beginning of lift using ver 2.3, and now I've to update my playGround-machine to 2.4 :).

It's verry cool framework, and since we joint this mailing list, I think the official-website update can be doing at latter on...

Big thanks to David and the committer team for doing such as great framework, 4 tumbs for all of You.... :)

@nto

Sent from my BlackBerry® via Smart 1x / EVDO Network. Smart.Hebat.Hemat.