Leo 4.9 b2 released

Edward K. Ream

Jun 4, 2011, 12:53:09 PM6/4/11
to leo-editor
Leo 4.9 beta 2 is now available at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/leo/files/

This is the first widely-distributed version of Leo 4.9.

Many thanks to all who have contributed to this release.

Please report any problems with this release. The beta 3 release will
come in about a week.

The highlights of Leo 4.9:
====================

- Leo no longer supports the Tk gui: the Qt gui now has
all essential features of Tk and Tk-only plugins.

- A large number of "fit-and-finish" bugs fixed.

- Completed Leo's autocompleter.

- The rendering pane can now display movies, html, svg images, etc.

- The scrolledmessage plugin can now use the rendering pane.

- Nodes may contain multiple @language directives.

- Leo highlights URL's everywhere. Ctrl-click URL's opens them in your
web
browser.

- Leo uses an @file node's extension by default if there is no
@language
directive in effect.

- Unified extract and import commands.

- Leo can now colorize multiple @language directives in a single node.

- Plain up/down arrow keys in headline-editing mode select a new node.

Edward
- New commands to insert, delete, change or print uA's.

- Added namespace directive to .leo files.

Edward

Ville M. Vainio

Jun 4, 2011, 3:34:55 PM6/4/11
to leo-e...@googlegroups.com
Debian package for Natty here:

https://launchpad.net/~villemvainio/+archive/ppa/+build/2546572/+files/leo_4.9~b2-1_all.deb

Largo84

Jun 5, 2011, 12:04:02 AM6/5/11
to leo-editor
Anxious to check it out. Might be some problems w/ Chapters (I know,
maybe I'm the only Leonite that uses them).

1) Launching Leo I get the following error log:
error importing plugin: leo.plugins.UNL
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Documents and Settings\Rob\Desktop\Downloads\Leo-4.9-
b2\Leo-4.9-b2\leo\core\leoPlugins.py", line 548, in loadOnePlugin
toplevel = __import__(moduleName)
ImportError: No module named UNL

2) alt-x chapter-create (then naming the chapter) I get:
Warning: Invalid position <pos 26284816 childIndex: 1 lvl: 1 key:
16173232:0.16173360:1 @chapter Inbox-Capture> [this was the name of
the last chapter I was in before entering the command to create a new
one]
Warning: Invalid position <pos 26284816 childIndex: 1 lvl: 1 key:
16173232:0.16173360:1 @chapter Inbox-Capture>
Warning: Invalid position <pos 26284816 childIndex: 1 lvl: 1 key:
16173232:0.16173360:1 @chapter Inbox-Capture>
Warning: Invalid position <pos 26125904 childIndex: 1 lvl: 1 key:
16173232:0.16173360:1 @chapter Inbox-Capture>
Warning: Invalid position <pos 26125904 childIndex: 1 lvl: 1 key:
16173232:0.16173360:1 @chapter Inbox-Capture>

3) Minor nit, but the 'Chapters' menu command is still there and is
still useless because all the chapter commands removed the plural form
a long time ago. I know I can use the keyboard entry but I can't
always remember what the commands are or even how to list them (not
for lack of having been reminded before:-)

Seth Johnson

Jun 5, 2011, 12:45:39 AM6/5/11
to leo-e...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 1:34 PM, Ville M. Vainio <viva...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Debian package for Natty here:
>
> https://launchpad.net/~villemvainio/+archive/ppa/+build/2546572/+files/leo_4.9~b2-1_all.deb

(FYI: I just bricked my laptop this evening -- I think I turned it off
in the middle of a firmware burn. Hope it's just the old overheating,
poorly seated chip issue I had in the past, and it will come back to
life like it did once in the past. But it doesn't look good. So won't
be able to test for you. :-( )

Edward K. Ream

Jun 5, 2011, 10:41:51 AM6/5/11
to leo-e...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 11:04 PM, Largo84 <lar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anxious to check it out. Might be some problems w/ Chapters (I know,
> maybe I'm the only Leonite that uses them).
>
> 1) Launching Leo I get the following error log:
> error importing plugin: leo.plugins.UNL

Please disable UNL.py from all your @enabled-plugins nodes in your
.leo files, especially myLeoSettings.leo.

> 2) alt-x chapter-create (then naming the chapter) I get:
> Warning: Invalid position <pos 26284816 childIndex: 1 lvl: 1 key:

Thanks for this report. I'll look into it.

> 3) Minor nit, but the 'Chapters' menu command is still there and is
> still useless because all the chapter commands removed the plural form
> a long time ago.

Thanks.

Edward

Edward K. Ream

Jun 7, 2011, 5:42:35 PM6/7/11
to leo-editor

On Jun 4, 11:04 pm, Largo84 <larg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) Launching Leo I get the following error log:
> error importing plugin: leo.plugins.UNL

You must remove UNL.py yourself, either from your .leo files or you
myLeoSettings.leo file.

> 2) alt-x chapter-create (then naming the chapter) I get:
> Warning: Invalid position <pos 26284816 childIndex: 1 lvl: 1 key:

I see this. I'll fix before b3.

> 3) Minor nit, but the 'Chapters' menu command is still there and is
> still useless

It works for me. Do you have, perhaps, your own copy of @menu
chapters in myLeoSettings.leo, or somewhere else?

Edward

Edward K. Ream

Jun 7, 2011, 6:22:08 PM6/7/11
to leo-editor

On Jun 7, 4:42 pm, "Edward K. Ream" <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > 2) alt-x chapter-create (then naming the chapter) I get:
> > Warning: Invalid position <pos 26284816 childIndex: 1 lvl: 1 key:
>
> I see this.  I'll fix before b3.

It looks like this only happens if there is not already an @chapters
node in the outline. So the workaround it to create such a node.

I hope to have a proper fix soon.

Edward