Linear to rotary motion and vice versa

Onlyhalfdone

Mar 22, 2015, 4:25:24 AM3/22/15
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I've been looking for some time a website / resources which compiles a list / diagrams / animations of different ways to convert linear to rotary motion and vice versa. The sort of thing I could see all mechanically engineering students having to study.

just all the clever ways of changing motion from one way to another including reciprocating, offset cams etc.

I'm specifically Looking to create a plunger action of about 40mm using a servo (or any other way). Think Nerf gun pushing a dart, its only to load it into position as electric motors fire the actual dart.

Aidan Dunbar

Mar 22, 2015, 4:48:26 AM3/22/15
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Have you seen this website?

http://507movements.com/

Some of the movements are animated.

You'll probably like these videos too, but I'm not sure how useful they'll be:

Aidan

Onlyhalfdone

Mar 22, 2015, 5:35:34 AM3/22/15
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! I have the book on my kindle, but it's surprisingly doesn't have the very basic simple principles, don't get me wrong it has some great examples but they are are mainly of finished mechanic parts / assemblies It's more simpler stuff that a hobbist model maker would use that I'm looking for.