Ledger Invoicing

Russell Adams

Feb 6, 2009, 12:19:58 PM2/6/09
to Ledger
I've put together a tentative method for creating invoices from
billable hours. Included are a quick howto, chart of accounts, and a
shell script that generates nice PDF invoices via latex using ledger
data. A sample PDF is included.

Not yet a project, just a branch:

http://code.launchpad.net/~rladams/+junk/LedgerInvoicingExample

This is way alpha, but I'll be tweaking it to use in my business in
the coming months. If there is additional interest I'll see about
rolling it into a proper project.

I had some comments on IRC, yes the output is totally
customizable. The shell script supports new headers, logos, etc. The
output can be completely customized in latex.

Feedback is welcome.

Thanks.

Russell Adams RLA...@AdamsInfoServ.com

PGP Key ID: 0x1160DCB3 http://www.adamsinfoserv.com/

Fingerprint: 1723 D8CA 4280 1EC9 557F 66E8 1154 E018 1160 DCB3

signature.asc

Simon Michael (sm)

Jan 20, 2015, 6:05:50 PM1/20/15
to ledge...@googlegroups.com
...some time passes...

Hey, this is a really nice complete example of one way to generate invoices. Definitely worth updating (-s obsolete ?) and presenting it nicely somewhere it'll be found.

Jostein Berntsen

Jan 22, 2015, 12:46:53 PM1/22/15
to ledge...@googlegroups.com
On 20.01.15,15:05, Simon Michael (sm) wrote:
> ...some time passes...
>
> Hey, this is a really nice complete example of one way to generate
> invoices. Definitely worth updating (-s obsolete ?) and presenting it
> nicely somewhere it'll be found.

Could be cool to see this updated to a beta version, and maybe added to
contrib?

Jostein

> On Friday, February 6, 2009 at 9:19:58 AM UTC-8, Russell Adams wrote:
> >
> > I've put together a tentative method for creating invoices from
> > billable hours. Included are a quick howto, chart of accounts, and a
> > shell script that generates nice PDF invoices via latex using ledger
> > data. A sample PDF is included.
> >
> > Not yet a project, just a branch:
> >
> > http://code.launchpad.net/~rladams/+junk/LedgerInvoicingExample
> >
> > This is way alpha, but I'll be tweaking it to use in my business in
> > the coming months. If there is additional interest I'll see about
> > rolling it into a proper project.
> >
> > I had some comments on IRC, yes the output is totally
> > customizable. The shell script supports new headers, logos, etc. The
> > output can be completely customized in latex.
> >
> > Feedback is welcome.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> --
>
> ---

Michael Toomim

Feb 12, 2015, 6:13:07 PM2/12/15
to ledge...@googlegroups.com

Cool, I've been thinking that ledger is the perfect format for invoices. You can send one in an email, and it's both human readable, and can be copied and pasted into the machine.