HTML Plotting Utility

Nathan

Mar 7, 2009, 11:48:21 AM3/7/09
to Ledger
Hello ledger fans,

A long time ago, I wrote a simple web app to plot my ledger data.
Before posting it to the web, I wanted to clean up the code so that
non-American currency would work. I have finally realized that I am
far too lazy to do this, so I am posting it as is. Hopefully someone
will find it useful!

Screenshot:
http://www.bitcrafter.net/files/ledger-plot.png

Source code:
http://www.bitcrafter.net/files/plot.tar.gz

Readme:

Dependences
===========

* web.py 0.31
* jinja2 2.1

Usage
=====

Make sure you can run ledger with having to use the -f|--file switch.
This can
be done by setting the LEDGER_FILE environment variable to the path of
your
ledger file.

Next, run
$ python plot.py
and point your browser to http://127.0.0.1:8080/

Bugs
====

This program only works with American currency. At least one function
uses the
dollar sign when parsing.

The graphs were only tested in Firefox and Opera. Internet Explorer
may or may
not work.

Simon Michael

Mar 7, 2009, 2:53:46 PM3/7/09
to ledge...@googlegroups.com
Love it! Thanks for sharing.

Tim Docker

Mar 8, 2009, 6:50:14 AM3/8/09
to ledge...@googlegroups.com

> A long time ago, I wrote a simple web app to plot my ledger data.
> Before posting it to the web, I wanted to clean up the code so that
> non-American currency would work. I have finally realized that I am
> far too lazy to do this, so I am posting it as is. Hopefully someone
> will find it useful!

This is cool - thanks for making it available, I'm intending to add
similar graphing capabilities to my ledger html templating system. I
haven't come up with a satisfying way to visualise net value changes
when those changes are made up of income, expenditure, and market
price fluctuations. Pie charts, bar charts etc don't work when the
components are sometimes negative.

Tim