LearnRuby 101 is back for the New Year!

Yasmine

Jan 8, 2012, 4:55:44 PM1/8/12
to LearnRuby101
Hi everyone,

Our first session of the New Year is this Saturday, Jan 14th at 12pm.
Len Smith will be leading it again. If you've come to previous meetups
or haven't joined us yet, feel free to pop in as we do a little bit of
everything.

We'll be meeting at Indyhall again. Please RSVP so we can get a
headcount and prep the conference room.

See you then.

Best,

Yasmine
Message has been deleted

Andy

Jan 9, 2012, 10:41:54 AM1/9/12
to LearnRuby101
I will be out for this coming week but I'm still very interested. Is
there a good likelihood of another meeting +2 weeks (01/28)? I'm
trudging through my first Rails app. and would really appreciate
trading stories with people who are doing the same thing or similar.

Also, any interest in using http://www.doodle.com/ for RSVPs?

Michael Zornek

Jan 9, 2012, 3:25:07 PM1/9/12
to learnr...@googlegroups.com
I hope to make this meeting.

For those who don't know me my name is Mike Zornek. I'm an independent
developer working out of IndyHall. I also help run the local iOS dev
group, CocoaHeads.

I'm currently using Rails, working on a system to manage events
(conferences/festivals) and deploy mobile apps (iOS, Android, Web) for
the attendees of these events.

See you Saturday.

~ Mike
--
Michael Zornek
Clickable Bliss

Eric Steele

Jan 9, 2012, 3:43:05 PM1/9/12
to learnr...@googlegroups.com
I will be sure to be there!

maneesha sane

Jan 9, 2012, 4:24:23 PM1/9/12
to learnr...@googlegroups.com
I will be there.

Maneesha

Chirag Dadia

Jan 10, 2012, 10:51:52 AM1/10/12
to learnr...@googlegroups.com
I have been trying to learn Rails on my own and love to meet people who are doing the same.

I will be there.

Chris Ell

Jan 10, 2012, 11:17:13 AM1/10/12
to learnr...@googlegroups.com
I will most likely be there, looking forward to it.

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 10:51 AM, Chirag Dadia <cda...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have been trying to learn Rails on my own and love to meet people who are doing the same.

I will be there.

--
Chris Ell
________________

Interactive Developer
I-SITE, Inc.
www.i-site.com

Yasmine

Jan 11, 2012, 10:39:24 AM1/11/12
to LearnRuby101
That's a great idea, Andy. I'll use Doodle for the next time.

A sidenote: There's a 12 and 17-year-old (two brothers) who are coming
this Saturday as well. The 12-year-old doesn't have previous
programming experience but he's interested in learning. I'd appreciate
everyone's help in welcoming them and helping both get started. I wish
I would have started at their age!

Thanks!

Yasmine

On Jan 9, 10:41 am, Andy <aburnhei...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I will be out for this coming week but I'm still very interested.  Is
> there a good likelihood of another meeting +2 weeks (01/28)?  I'm
> trudging through my first Rails app. and would really appreciate
> trading stories with people who are doing the same thing or similar.
>
> Also, any interest in usinghttp://www.doodle.com/for RSVPs?
Message has been deleted

smcavinney

Jan 12, 2012, 10:44:22 AM1/12/12
to LearnRuby101

First timer, I'll be there. How long are the sessions?

Best,
Shaun McAvinney

Yasmine Mustafa

Jan 12, 2012, 10:54:49 AM1/12/12
to learnr...@googlegroups.com
They run around 2 hours. The sessions are mostly freestyle. We start by going around and getting everyone's skill level and Len gives an overview of what we've done in the past. The rest is a mix of going into exercises and answering questions.
Message has been deleted

Yasmine Mustafa

Jan 12, 2012, 11:18:47 AM1/12/12
to learnr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jearvno, We usually just meet in the South conference room. The only setup involved is getting a projector and an extra monitor setup for Len which I can take care of easily. Thanks for offering and we'll see you then.

-Yasmine

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 10:59 AM, Jearvon Dharrie <j.dh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Do you guys need help setting up?
--

Jearvon Dharrie
803 South Severgn Drive

4104997559
jearvondharrie.com

Brandon Hilkert

Jan 13, 2012, 10:25:04 AM1/13/12
to LearnRuby101
I'll be there.

On Jan 12, 11:18 am, Yasmine Mustafa <myasm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jearvno, We usually just meet in the South conference room. The only
> setup involved is getting a projector and an extra monitor setup for Len
> which I can take care of easily. Thanks for offering and we'll see you
> then.
>
> -Yasmine
>
> On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 10:59 AM, Jearvon Dharrie <j.dhar...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Do you guys need help setting up?
>
> > On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 10:54 AM, Yasmine Mustafa <myasm...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> They run around 2 hours. The sessions are mostly freestyle. We start by
> >> going around and getting everyone's skill level and Len gives an overview
> >> of what we've done in the past. The rest is a mix of going into exercises
> >> and answering questions.

Josh Duffy

Jan 13, 2012, 10:00:04 PM1/13/12
to LearnRuby101
I'm in. See you there.
-Josh

Michael Reichner

Jan 14, 2012, 8:38:18 AM1/14/12
to learnr...@googlegroups.com
I'll be there
--
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

John Ashmead

Jan 14, 2012, 10:04:38 AM1/14/12
to learnr...@googlegroups.com
See you guys in 2 hours.  I assume you have to call #022 in the outdoor phone to get in.

John

Michael Zornek

Jan 14, 2012, 10:55:53 AM1/14/12
to learnr...@googlegroups.com
John Ashmead wrote:
> See you guys in 2 hours. I assume you have to call #022 in the outdoor
> phone to get in.

Yep.