[eL4C31] Instructions for Day 5

瀏覽次數:0 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Gladys Gahona

未讀,
2009年10月29日 晚上7:55:232009/10/29
收件者:WikiEducator Learning4Content Workshops
WikiEducator - eL4C31

Instructions for Day 5 ( Friday 30 October, 2009)

Hi WikiEducators!

We hope you are enjoying the workshop and playing with the wiki codes in the sandbox to practice your skills. This email covers the instructions for Day 5.
Today you will learn about creating new pages and links. Remember to distinguish between:

(1) external links to other websites and
(2) internal links to other pages in WikiEducator.

This is the way we also create new pages in the wiki. A new page is an internal link to a page which does not exist yet <smile>. Not to worry -- you'll see how this works!
You will also learn about a rather nice feature where you can edit the "link-text" which is displayed to the user. We call this a "pipe" in geek speak <smile>.

Instructions

  1. Work through Tutorial 5 on New pages and Links
  2. Be sure to check out the requirements for community certification under our WikiMaster typology. You're on track to achieving the status of Wikibuddy in our community if you add to others' pages!
We would like to invite you to fill in your personal info boxes located at the top of each of your user pages. In addition, you may wish to learn how you can get rewarded for your hard labor.
WikiEducator will acknowledge your achievements by adding a certification to the box. Check the following for the different certification levels: http://www.wikieducator.org/WikiMaster

We have almost covered all the skills you are going to need to join our international team of content developers in WikiEducator. All that's really left to do next week, is to learn how to insert images and a few smart ideas on structuring content in the wiki. With the communication tips you'll be covering -- you are on your way to becoming a Wikibuddy!

For those of you who have to catch up due to a demanding workload, you will have the weekend to do this, as the next instructions will be posted late on Sunday, November 1st, (CST), for Day 6, Monday, November 2, as most of you are ahead.

Have a nice weekend!

The Facilitators of eL4C31

Gladys Gahona (skype:chela5808)
http://www.wikieducator.org/User:Chela5808
email: gladys...@gmail.com

Nellie Deutsch (skype:nelliedeutschmuller)
http://www.wikieducator.org/User:Nelliemuller
email: nellie.mul...@gmail.com

Rob Kruhlak
http://www.wikieducator.org/User:Kruhly
email: kru...@gmail.com

Sanjay Kumar Pandagale
http://www.wikieducator.org/User:Psanjaykumar
email: sanjayp...@gmail.com

--
Gladys Gahona
AF Centro Aprendizaje FlexibleWikieducatorIntegrating Technology

sarita marooty

未讀,
2009年10月30日 凌晨2:19:492009/10/30
收件者:learning4cont...@googlegroups.com
Hello Gladys,

I wanted to have some clarifications regarding the application for certification.

Do I have to apply for WikiApprentice Level I now since I completeed the four tutorials,then when I complete tutorial 5 and 6, I should apply for WikiApprentice Level 2 and finally at the end I apply for certification for Wikibuddy?
or
Can I apply for certification of Wikibuddy directly at the end of the Workshop?

Thanks and Regards,
Sarita Marooty(skype:sarita.marooty)

Patricia Schlicht

未讀,
2009年10月30日 清晨7:04:262009/10/30
收件者:learning4cont...@googlegroups.com

Dear Sarita,

Certification levels will be applied depending on the work you have done on  your user page. If you demonstrated the skills, you will be certified appropriately following our WikiMaster programme. Check out the requirements for each level here: (http://www.wikieducator.org/WikiMaster. We normally check again one week after a course and certification levels will be adjusted one last time, if appropriate. After that if you continue to improve your page, you will have to apply for an upgrade. The info how to do this, you’ll find on the WikiMaster page. Link above.

Warm wishes,

Patricia

sarita marooty

未讀,
2009年10月30日 清晨7:28:572009/10/30
收件者:learning4cont...@googlegroups.com
Hi Patricia,
Thanks for the information, its clearer now.

Regards,
Sarita

Gladys Gahona

未讀,
2009年10月30日 下午5:49:592009/10/30
收件者:Learning4Content Workshops
Dear Sarita,

I'd like to add, we will also consider all contributions you make to
any Wikieducator page, since we are encouraging you to add to the Wiki
Discussions pages and WikiNeighbours' pages during the workshop.

Cheers,

On Oct 30, 12:19 am, sarita marooty <s.maro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > international team of content developers in WikiEducator. All that's really
> > left to do next week, is to learn how to insert images and a few smart ideas
> > on structuring content in the wiki. With the communication tips you'll be
> > covering -- you are on your way to becoming a Wikibuddy<http://www.wikieducator.org/WikiMaster/WikiBuddy>!
>
> > For those of you who have to catch up due to a demanding workload, you will
> > have the weekend to do this, as the next instructions will be posted late on
> > Sunday, November 1st, (CST), for Day 6, Monday, November 2, as most of you
> > are ahead.
>
> > *
> > Have a nice weekend!*
>
> > The Facilitators of eL4C31
>
> > Gladys Gahona (skype:chela5808)
> >http://www.wikieducator.org/User:Chela5808
> > email: gladysgah...@gmail.com
>
> > Nellie Deutsch (skype:nelliedeutschmuller)

Driss Moumane

未讀,
2009年11月2日 下午3:04:342009/11/2
收件者:learning4cont...@googlegroups.com
Dear Gladys and all,

Thank you for the opportunity to be part of this dynamic learning group. I started working on a project in my sandbox and I need some guidane on the feasabilty or not of my idea. I am interesrted in designing a platform where a group of people can come together  and work on either the design of a project or a strategy, or report on the advancement/progress of  either one. I am envisionning the parent page to be  the whole document, and the sub pages, a page per main topic,  to be the different sections of the document. As different people draft specific components of the project on individual/seperate pages, content filters up automatically to the parent page/main document. The product manager  can edit the main document and that also filters down to the individual pages and gives the opportunity to responsible bodies to react  to the feedback, accept or reject it.

I have been able to go with this idea as far as today's assignement but I don't want to continue to invest in it if it's going to take me to a dead end.  I continue to hope that it's possible and that would be of great help to international organizations if that's the case.

I hope my description of the concept is clear. If not, please let me know if you will have time to discuss on skype.

All the best,
Driss

Gladys Gahona

未讀,
2009年11月2日 下午3:50:452009/11/2
收件者:learning4cont...@googlegroups.com
Dear Driss,

Wiki is an excellent web 2.0 tool for colaborative project management. I'd love to assist you on the development of the resource. Even it is not a rule, I suggest you create the SObj and IR as supages of main page, that is type code: [[/SObj1/]] instead of [[SObj1]]

Could you add an example for SObj1 so we can have a better idea on how to design the filtering process?

Saludos

2009/11/2 Driss Moumane <dmoum...@gmail.com>

--
Gladys Gahona
http://www.gladysgahona.com

Driss Moumane

未讀,
2009年11月2日 下午4:38:152009/11/2
收件者:learning4cont...@googlegroups.com
Dear Gladys,

Thank you for your feedback. I will do as you suggested.
Driss

Robert Kruhlak

未讀,
2009年11月2日 下午4:38:242009/11/2
收件者:learning4cont...@googlegroups.com
Hi Driss,

It sounds like you want to transclude the subpages into the main page
(for more information on transclusion see
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Transclusion ). For example, if you call
your main page: ''My Main Page'' and a subpage "My Subpage" you would
add {{My Subpage}} to your main page.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Rob (aka User:Kruhly)
--
Robert Kruhlak
North Vancouver, BC

Driss Moumane

未讀,
2009年11月2日 下午4:41:042009/11/2
收件者:learning4cont...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Rob. I will take a look at it.

All the best,
Driss

Hylton Ferreira

未讀,
2009年11月3日 凌晨4:22:262009/11/3
收件者:learning4cont...@googlegroups.com

Hi Gladys

I’m certain I completed the exercise below. I enjoyed it very much. Still trying to catch up though. I’ll have my Learning contract ready in two days.

Kind regards and good night.

hylton

Hylton Ferreira

未讀,
2009年11月3日 凌晨4:24:542009/11/3
收件者:learning4cont...@googlegroups.com

Thank you for the information Patricia.

Regards, hylton

Gladys Gahona

未讀,
2009年11月3日 凌晨4:27:352009/11/3
收件者:learning4cont...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Hylton, I am glad you enjoyed the tutorial =)

Saludos

2009/11/3 Hylton Ferreira <hyltonf...@shaw.ca>

Driss Moumane

未讀,
2009年11月3日 中午12:21:492009/11/3
收件者:learning4cont...@googlegroups.com
I populated both SO1 and SO 2 as per Gladys suggestion. I tried downloading the content into a PDF document but it does not look like content from SO1 and SO2 were filtering up the the parent page. Can you please take a look? I have not had time to work through what Rob shared with me yesterday. Thanks.  '''Driss'''

Patricia Schlicht

未讀,
2009年11月3日 中午12:36:262009/11/3
收件者:learning4cont...@googlegroups.com

Hi Hylton,

Nice to see you here

Warm wishes,

Patricia

Driss Moumane

未讀,
2009年11月3日 中午12:40:092009/11/3
收件者:learning4cont...@googlegroups.com
Well, good news!!  I tried Rob's suggestion and it worked. Please take a look at my sandbox. The subpage SO1 now feeds back (filters  back) automatically into the main page. I am now interesting in leanring how make edits on the main page filter down to the sub page? Is this possible?

 Thank you and kind regards,

Driss

Gladys Gahona

未讀,
2009年11月3日 下午1:43:092009/11/3
收件者:Learning4Content Workshops
Congratulations Driss,

Content of subpage SObj1 only can be edited at source page:
http://www.wikieducator.org/User:Wikidriss/My_sandbox/SObj1

Adding transclusion codes to both pages pointing one to the other
page, provokes an error message: Template loop detected

Hope it helps

On 3 nov, 11:40, Driss Moumane <dmouman...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, good news!!  I tried Rob's suggestion and it worked. Please take a
> look at my sandbox. The subpage SO1 now feeds back (filters  back)
> automatically into the main page. I am now interesting in leanring how make
> edits on the main page filter down to the sub page? Is this possible?
>
>  Thank you and kind regards,
>
> Driss
>
> On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 4:41 PM, Driss Moumane <dmouman...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thank you, Rob. I will take a look at it.
>
> > All the best,
> > Driss
>
> >   On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 4:38 PM, Robert Kruhlak <kru...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Hi Driss,
>
> >> It sounds like you want to transclude the subpages into the main page
> >> (for more information on transclusion see
> >>http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Transclusion). For example, if you call
> >> your main page: ''My Main Page'' and a subpage "My Subpage" you would
> >> add {{My Subpage}} to your main page.
>
> >> Hope this helps.
>
> >> Cheers
>
> >> Rob (aka User:Kruhly)

> >> I'd
> >> is

> >>http://www.wikieducator.org/Learning4Content/Workshops/Online_schedul...

Driss Moumane

未讀,
2009年11月3日 下午2:31:142009/11/3
收件者:learning4cont...@googlegroups.com
Thank you. This is real exciting stuff.

Driss

Hylton Ferreira

未讀,
2009年11月4日 下午2:24:562009/11/4
收件者:learning4cont...@googlegroups.com

Hi Patricia

I’m thoroughly enjoying my wiki experience.

Kind regards,

HYlton

Patricia Schlicht

未讀,
2009年11月4日 下午2:26:312009/11/4
收件者:learning4cont...@googlegroups.com

Wikieducator comes with the health warning (hightly addictive! (smile)

Warm wishes.

Hylton Ferreira

未讀,
2009年11月4日 下午2:49:012009/11/4
收件者:learning4cont...@googlegroups.com

Just looking at the “bewarned” photo on the Wikieducator tutorial. (LOL!)

Gladys Gahona

未讀,
2009年11月4日 下午3:49:012009/11/4
收件者:learning4cont...@googlegroups.com