Fwd: [Śrī RādhāGovindajī Dhāma] Concluding Purushottama Maas Vrata

Dr Satish Gosain (Sri Krishna Hari Das)

May 13, 2010, 12:31:13 PM5/13/10

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: ISKCON-Ahmedabad <iskco...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, May 13, 2010 at 5:08 PM
Subject: [Śrī RādhāGovindajī Dhāma] Concluding Purushottama Maas Vrata
To: ISKCON Abad Googlegroup <ISKCO...@googlegroups.com>

|| Hare Kṛṣṇa ||

All Glories to Śrī Guru & Gaurānga!
All Glories to Śrīla Prabhupāda!
Nitāi Gaura Premānande, HARI HARI BOLO!

Patitānām Pāvanebhyo Vaiśṇavebhyo Namo Namaḥ!

Respected devotees,
Please accept our humble obeisance - dandavat praṇāma,

CONCLUDING PURUSHOTTAMA MAAS VRATA

Time and day:

It has been concluded the time for closing the Purushottam maas vrata would be as follows:

The vrata should be concluded on Amaavasyaa (new moon) day which is 13th/14th May, before the Amaavasyaa finishes. After observing the regular vows that one has been specially following for Purushottma month for that particular day one has to close the Vrata.

It was recommended by HG Jananivaas Prabhu that fast should be broken on 13th evening before 5.00 pm.

However, Amavasya finishes differently for each time zone. The timing for India in general is :
May 14, 2010 – Amaavasyaa (The Amaavasi begins at 07:07 AM on May 13 and ends at 06:34 AM on May 14.) Therefore May 13 is marked as Darsha Amavasya in some calendars.

Devotees outside India kindly check with your local temple authorities or verify in the Vaishnava calendar:

http://www.vaisnavacalendar.com

OR

Install Vaishnava Calendar in your PC:

http://calender.iskcondesiretree.info/vaishnavareminder.htm

Concluding the vrata

1.   After taking bath, worship Radha-Krishna Deities or Picture, and chant this mantra: "O Supreme Lord, O Sanatana, O Purusottama, O Lord Hari ! I offer my obeisances unto you. May you and your beloved Radhika, please accept my offerings. I offer my repeated obeisance’s unto Radha-Krishna, who wears effulgent yellow garments on His beautiful body."

2.   Offer pushpaanjali and obeisance’s to Radha-Krishna Deities or Picture.

3.   Feed and give charity to 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 brahmanas to your best ability (e.g., new clothes, two pairs of shoes, Laksmi). The best charity is to give a Srimad Bhagavatam to a qualified grhastha vaisnava brahmana. This act will deliver all your ancestors to spiritual world and the association of Lord Purusottama !

**SPECIAL ACTIONS FOR CONCLUDING THE VRATA**

1.   If you ate fruits, ghee, rice, wheat etc, donate the same to brahmanas.

2.   If you slept on the floor, give a bed and pillows to a brahmana.

3.   If you ate on a leaf plate, feed brahmanas with ghee and sugar.

4.   If you didn't cut nails or hair, donate a mirror to a brahmana.

5.   If you offered ghee lamps, give new lamps and pots to a brahmana.

6.*  If you broke any rules or regulations during Purusottama vrata, feed different sweet juices to brahmanas.

7.   Lord Siva says that the best charity is: "Fill a bell metal pot with thirty maalpuaas, bind the pot with seven new threads and give to a worthy brahmana".

Hari-bhakti-vilasa (Vol 4, Vs 437): "During Purusottama month, one should remember Lord Krsna and then donate thirty three milk cakes cooked in ghee [maalpuaas] to grhastha brahmanas, who are well versed in shaastras. Failing to do so, one loses all the piety he accumulated in the previous year."

With sincere prayers for your wellbeing and dandavat praṇāma,
Your humble servants at,

Śrī RādhāGovindajī Dhāma
ISKCON - Ahmedābād - INDIĀ

Land Phone: +91-79-2686-1945 / 1645 / 2350

Web Photo Albums: http://picasaweb.google.com/iskcon.abad

                                http://picasaweb.google.com/iskcon.abad2

Google Groups
Subscribe to ISKCON-Ahmedabad, Śrī RādhāGovindajī Dhāma
Email:
Visit this group

Some Useful Links:

http://www.krishna.com
http://www.iskcondesiretree.com
http://www.krishna.org
http://www.iskcon.com
http://www.prabhupadavani.org
http://prabhupadabooks.com

Śrīla Prabhupāda: If one simply approaches the holy name with reverence and allows the holy name to enter through his ears into his heart, and especially if he accepts the divine name as his very life and soul, he can enter the deepest, most profound, most sublime of all spiritual mysteries.

Always Chant Mahaa-Mantra...
Hare Kṛṣṇa Hare Kṛṣṇa, Kṛṣṇa Kṛṣṇa Hare Hare |
Hare Rāma Hare Rāma, Rāma Rāma Hare Hare ||

...and be Happy

--
With sincere prayers for your wellbeing & dandavat praṇām,
Your humble servants at,

Śrī RādhāGovindajī Dhāma
ISKCON - Ahmedābād - INDIĀ

Land Phone: +91-79-26861945/26861645
Photo Albums: http://picasaweb.google.com/iskcon.abad
http://picasaweb.google.com/iskcon.abad2
Email: iskco...@gmail.com

Always chant and be happy…

Hare Kṛṣṇa Hare Kṛṣṇa, Kṛṣṇa Kṛṣṇa Hare Hare |
Hare Rāma Hare Rāma, Rāma Rāma Hare Hare ||
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
You are subscribed to the Google
Groups "ISKCON-Ahmedabad-Śrī RādhāGovindajī Dhāma".
To unsubscribe, send email to
ISKCON-Abad...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/ISKCON-Abad?hl=en-GB

--
Yours Servant

Sri Krishna Hari Das
(Dr Satish Gosain MBBS DNB i Med)
Congregational Preacher, ISKCON, Delhi, NCR & Gurgaon.
Dr Bharti Nursing Home, B-30 hari Nagar, New Delhi 110064
+91-97170-55006, +91-98913-86194 +91-11-2512-5595, +91-11-2512-8754
ISKCON-learn Bhagavad-gita Community on orkut:
http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=29085008

My Bhagavad-gita Lecture Videos on Youtube http://in.youtube.com/my_playlists?pi=0&ps=20&sf=&sa=0&sq=&dm=0&p=F29FC2589817EB98