TODAY'S QUOTE BY OUR BELOVED SPIRITUAL MASTER

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Jan 4, 2011, 12:55:28 AM1/4/11
Practical Service

The first result of engaging in the service of the Lord is that there are no designations left, and your senses are completely purified. And you realize that you are the eternal servant of the lord.

Krsna- The Source of Happiness

The holy name is the most valuable asset that you can possess!

- By H.H.Gopal Krishna Goswami Maharaj

www.gopalkrishnagoswami.com

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Jan 4, 2011, 11:56:01 PM1/4/11
Preaching is the essence

If you have any skill or talent, use that to serve Krsna. Use your intelligence to think how you can spread the message of Krsna to everyone’s heart so that they can experience real happiness.

SB 5.5.3,13.05.2009, New Delhi

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Jan 7, 2011, 3:00:23 AM1/7/11
Devotional Service

In Krsna Consciousness there cannot be two opinions. There is only one goal :- to serve Krsna to one's best ability. If there is some disagreement over service, such disagreement is to be taken as spiritual.

(Waves of Wisdom)

The holy name is the most valuable asset that you can possess!

- By H.H.Gopal Krishna Goswami Maharaj

www.gopalkrishnagoswami.com

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Jan 21, 2011, 12:24:31 AM1/21/11
Attachment to Krishna

The theme of the entire Bhagavad-gita is that whatever we do ultimately we should get attached to Krishna. The mind has to get attached to the Lord. The mind is the key player in our spiritual endeavor.

(Bhagavad-gita 7.3 ), Moscow, 19 May 2001

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Jan 27, 2011, 6:52:37 AM1/27/11
False Prestige

False prestige or ahankar is one of the stumbling blocks on the path of self-realization. Due to false ego, we don’t listen to the advice. Due to false ego, we don’t accept the instructions of the Spiritual Master and even the scriptures.

Srimad Bhagavatam 6.1.56-57

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Jan 28, 2011, 5:48:47 AM1/28/11
Sense Control

When one wants to please his senses, one is actually becoming Krsna's competitor. To be Krsna's competitor is the position of the materialists. We do not want to become Krsna's competitors but we want to become Krsna's servants. And being Krsna's servant is the most glorious position, but our position is just not mental, it has to be in reality, and one who is practicing this would always engage in devotional service.

Krsna- The Source of Happiness

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Jan 31, 2011, 1:51:28 AM1/31/11
Book Distribution

Have you ever seen maya's marathon slowing down? Maya's marathon is always on full flow. Similarly our book distribution marathon should go on throughout the year and not just in the month of December.

Prabhupada Lilamrita Katha, 30-01-2011, New Delhi

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Feb 6, 2011, 11:50:44 PM2/6/11
Mercy of Spiritual Master

The mercy can be there but you take advantage of mercy by reading and chanting. If you don’t take advantage of the mercy then what can a Guru do.

Vyasapuja 19.08.2006 , New Delhi

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Feb 9, 2011, 5:13:24 AM2/9/11
Vaisnava Behaviour

A Vaisnava considers everyone to be like his real blood relative. Therefore, when he sees somebody enjoying independent of Krsna, he knows that the person in on the wrong track, and becomes very, very concerned.That is the mentality we ought to have.

(Krsna- The Source of Happiness)

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Feb 10, 2011, 3:04:54 AM2/10/11
Tolerance

A devotee should be tolerant and a devotee should be forgiving and you forgive even somebody who may be a critic because Krishna is testing our tolerance. We all are put through tests. We should not think that now we have come to spiritual life and everything will be easy. It is not going to happen.

Srimad Bhagavatam 1.13.18, July 23, 2010, Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Feb 15, 2011, 12:30:01 AM2/15/11
Sadhna

If we execute the path of 'Bhakti - Yoga' very cautiously then the transcendental glories of the Lord will always be in front of our eyes, then the transcendental pastimes of the Lord which are described in scriptures will always be remembered.

Srimad Bhagavatam
2.7.27 ,19.07.82, Vrindavana

Dr Satish Gosain (Sri Krishna Hari Das)

Feb 15, 2011, 11:35:50 AM2/15/11
Yours Servant

Sri Krishna Hari Das
(Dr Satish Gosain MBBS DNB i Med)
Congregational Preacher, ISKCON, Delhi, NCR & Gurgaon.
Dr Bharti Nursing Home, B-30 hari Nagar, New Delhi 110064
+91-97170-55006, +91-98913-86194 +91-11-2512-5595, +91-11-2512-8754
ISKCON-learn Bhagavad-gita Community on orkut:
http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=29085008

My Bhagavad-gita Lecture Videos on Youtube http://in.youtube.com/my_playlists?pi=0&ps=20&sf=&sa=0&sq=&dm=0&p=F29FC2589817EB98

Dr Satish Gosain (Sri Krishna Hari Das)

Feb 18, 2011, 2:06:15 PM2/18/11
Feb 28, 2011, 5:01:51 AM2/28/11
     Time

We should not forget that however attached one may be to his body, to his possessions, to the extensions of his body, the
time factor will make sure that you get separated.

(Srimad Bhagavatam 7.10.13),22.4.1996, New Delhi

Dr Satish Gosain (Sri Krishna Hari Das)

Mar 22, 2011, 8:52:58 AM3/22/11
Mar 29, 2011, 1:34:33 AM3/29/11
  Real Desire

My real desire is that you not only offer flowers but you become good devotees, increase taste towards Holy Name and scriptures and increase your service mood.

Vyasa Puja Day Lecture, 7th Sept. 2007

The holy name is the most valuable asset that you can possess!

- By H.H.Gopal Krishna Goswami Maharaj

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Mar 30, 2011, 7:44:44 AM3/30/11
  Krsna Consciousness

Krsna Consciousness movement is the highway that will take you to Krsna but on the sides there are many side streets, so don’t get distracted.

SB 6.17.21 , 01.11.1994, New Delhi

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Mar 22, 2011, 3:56:23 AM3/22/11
  Chanting

All of us devotees should make an effort to chant attentively and check if we are chanting better then yesterday, we are able to control the mind better. This is the foremost engagement.

SB 5.5.4 ,16.05.2009, New Delhi

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Mar 31, 2011, 4:21:56 AM3/31/11
  Mercy

The devotee hopes against hope that Krsna will bestow his mercy upon him. He never gets discouraged. He is confident that if he endeavours in executing devotional service to the best of his ability, Krsna will definitely help him out.

Freedom by surrender

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Apr 1, 2011, 5:13:19 AM4/1/11
  Chanting

Our real business is to chant the ‘Hare Krsna mantra’ attentively and respectfully and the more attentive we are the greater will be the spiritual advancement that we will be able to make.

SB 3.21.34 ,20.06.2003,L.A.USA

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Apr 2, 2011, 5:42:41 AM4/2/11
  Preaching is the essence

We can be heavy weights in preaching, but we do not want to be a dead weight in the ISKCON society. Being a dead weight in ISKCON means not doing anything positive to expand Sankirtan. This is a sankirtan movement and everything is just measured in one characteristic - to what extent is sankirtan expanding.

Krsna- The Source of Happiness

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Apr 4, 2011, 5:39:16 AM4/4/11
  Iskcon & Srila Prabhupada

Prabhupada gave us all the tools we need to go back to Godhead. You have everything you need. There is a perfect recipe. You
have the holy name. You have all the books, all the deities - everything. You don’t have to invent anything. All you have to do is with faith, follow the process. And then the success is guaranteed.

Bhagavad Gita 7.3, 19.05.2001, Moscow

Dr Satish Gosain (Sri Krishna Hari Das)

Apr 4, 2011, 10:48:10 AM4/4/11
Apr 5, 2011, 6:45:57 AM4/5/11
  Iskcon & Srila Prabhupada

ISKCON under the shelter of Praphupada and his society is extremely fortunate. This opportunity is available to very fortunate people.

SB 5.5.2,12.05.2009, New Delhi

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Apr 25, 2011, 6:29:53 AM4/25/11

Mercy of Guru

The mercy can be there but you take advantage of mercy by reading and chanting. If you don’t take advantage of the mercy then what can a Guru do.The Guru can only give you the right instruction.

(Vyas Puja), 19th August 2006, New Delhi

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Apr 15, 2011, 5:15:47 AM4/15/11
Devotional Service

If you follow your Guru’s instructions and regulations of Vaidhi Bhakti, it is guaranteed that you will be able to get rid of your anarthas. Krsna is giving that guarantee.

SB 5.5.2, 12.05.2009 ,New Delhi

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Apr 20, 2011, 5:11:28 AM4/20/11
Importance of Association

If you want to give up your inferior taste, if you want to give up your affiliation of material energy; then associate with devotees, associate with those who are more advanced. Take advantage of 'Sadhu', 'Guru' & 'Krishna'.

SB 2.7.27 ,19.07.82, Vrindavana

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Apr 18, 2011, 4:52:12 AM4/18/11
Qualification of a Sadhu

The truth may hurt, but the truth has to be spoken. The qualification of a Sadhu is that he does not look to flatter his audience, unlike a politician who goes to a place and finds out what the problem is, and just speaks on that line.

Freedom by surrender

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Apr 28, 2011, 6:59:25 AM4/28/11
Devotional Service

If you are following the process of devotional service, your material body becomes spiritual. You don’t have to wait to die in this life to attain a spiritual body.

SB 5.5.4 ,16.05.2009, New Delhi

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Apr 30, 2011, 2:33:58 AM4/30/11
No Easy Way Out

Sometimes we want the ultimate result but we don't want to endeavor. We want an easy way out. But unfortunately there is no easy way out. Krishna says, ye yatha mam prapadyantae - all of them as they surrender unto Me I reward them accordingly.

(Srimad-Bhagavatam 7.13.30), Moscow, 3 February 2004

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

May 3, 2011, 5:56:20 AM5/3/11

Key to Spiritual Advancement

Lord Chaitanya’s process is very universal. It can be practiced by anyone. The more we hear the more inspired we get to practice. Therefore hearing is a key to spiritual advancement. Hearing inspires you to follow the process. That’s what the great sages have described the ears and the tongue as the most important for spiritual advancement.

Srimad-Bhagavatam 7.13.28 10.06.03,Nizhny Novgorod

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

May 2, 2011, 5:54:54 AM5/2/11
Back to Godhead

We do not need a miracle to return back to Godhead. All we need to do is to chant 16 rounds attentively, save you self from offenses, keep a service attitude and follow 4 regulative principles and you can return back to Godhead.

SB 5.5.4 ,16.05.2009, New Delhi

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

May 7, 2011, 3:34:50 AM5/7/11

Vaisnava Association

On the path of devotional service, unwanted weeds start growing. We develop pride which is detrimental for bhakti. We ourselves cannot see these weeds but other devotees around us can point out our faults. We should be very grateful to such devotees.

09.09.2010, Noida

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

May 10, 2011, 4:02:56 AM5/10/11
Uncontrolled Senses

The uncontrolled senses are the cause of a living entity being transmigrated from one body to another body. And the same senses, which are the cause of bondage, are utilized in a therapeutic manner; therapeutic manner here refers to the process of devotional service. So the same senses if they are utilized in the process of devotional service become the cure of the disease.

(Waves of wisdom)

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

May 9, 2011, 5:31:46 AM5/9/11
Shelter of Spiritual Master

The intelligence must be able to discriminate what is right and what is wrong. The contaminated mind cannot on its own determine what is right and what is wrong. Therefore, the scriptures recommend that the contaminated mind should take shelter of the purified mind, namely the spiritual master or the spiritual authority then the contaminated mind through the intelligence will understand what is right and what is wrong. But if one wants to just listen to the contaminated mind then the spiritual progress would become difficult.

Waves of Devotion

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

May 16, 2011, 1:25:26 AM5/16/11
Sravanam Kirtanam

If one does not chant and hear Krsna-katha then one’s spiritual life will be finished. Spiritual medicine is consumed through the ears, not through the eyes.

Purpose of Life

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

May 17, 2011, 10:36:17 AM5/17/11
No Easy Way Out

Sometimes we want the ultimate result but we don't want to endeavor. We want an easy way out. But unfortunately there is no easy way out. Krishna says, "ye yatha mam prapadyantae" - all of them as they surrender unto Me I reward them accordingly.

(Srimad-Bhagavatam 7.13.30), Moscow, 3 February 2004

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

May 18, 2011, 12:42:24 AM5/18/11
Devotee Relationships

Disunity between individual souls is so strong within this material world that even in a society of Krsna Consciousness, members sometimes appear disunited due to their having different opinions and leaning toward material things. Actually, in Krsna Consciousness there cannot be two opinions. There is only one goal :- to serve Krsna to one's best ability. If there is some disagreement over service, such disagreement is to be taken as spiritual.

(Waves of Wisdom)

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

May 31, 2011, 4:04:02 AM5/31/11
The Final Test

This beautiful human form of life should be utilized for a beautiful ending.Everything is tested at the moment of death. Presently, we see that we are in a beautiful situation-beautiful body, beautiful environment, beautiful facilities. Now this beautiful situation should somehow or the other be utilized for a happy ending. If the end is not happy then the whole human life has been a failure.

Krsna- The Source of Happiness

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Jun 1, 2011, 1:56:42 AM6/1/11
Devotional Service

The reason that somebody leaves is that he had not developed Nistha, he did not have firm faith, which was because he did not take the medicine, which is Bhajan-Kriya. As a result of this, one's faith becomes weak. Therefore, we have to develop and come to the stage of nistha, and there is no alternative to bhajan-kriya to make one's faith strong.

Purpose of Life

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Jun 3, 2011, 1:15:40 AM6/3/11
Preaching is the Essence

We should meditate upon different transcendental lilas of Krsna, his instructions, and at the same time meditate on how the conditioned souls can be saved, and the more we take part in this sankirtan process, the faster we can save the conditioned souls. And the faster we can save the conditioned souls, the lesser will be the burden of  the Lord, because till the living entity returns to the Lord's home, the Lord remains very concerned.

(Krsna- The Source of Happiness)

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Jun 2, 2011, 12:50:59 AM6/2/11
Devotional Service

We do not need a miracle to return back to Godhead. All we need to do is to chant 16 rounds attentively, save you self from offenses, keep a service attitude and follow 4 regulative principles and you can return back to Godhead.

(Srimad Bhagavatam 5.5.4), 16.05.2009, Punjabi Bagh, New Delhi

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Jun 6, 2011, 1:18:08 AM6/6/11
Do it for Krsna

The reading of Bhagavad-gita and chanting Hare Krsna doesn't mean you have to abandon professional life, it doesn't mean you have to abandon professional ambitions. No, you can go ahead and go for your education as high as you want. You can go ahead and be as ambitious in your professional career. But do it for the pleasure of Krsna. If we work for the pleasure of the lord, even if we be in the material world, we will be free from the ill-effects of the illusory energy.

(Waves of Wisdom)

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Jun 7, 2011, 2:50:04 AM6/7/11
Don't Over-endeavour

Devotee should earn money for taking care of bodily requirements but do not over endeavour so much that you are left with no time for spiritual engagements.

(Srimad Bhagavatam 5.5.3), 13.05.2009, Punjabi Bagh, New Delhi

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Jun 8, 2011, 4:35:21 AM6/8/11
Habits

If you don’t cultivate positive habits, if you don’t cultivate positive philosophy then you will be forced to cultivate negative thoughts. If you don’t have good habits you are going to have bad habits. You have a choice, either you cultivate good habits or you cultivate bad habits.

( Bhagavad-gita 7.3), 19.05.01, Moscow

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Jun 9, 2011, 12:35:52 AM6/9/11
False Prestige

False prestige or ahankar is one of the stumbling blocks on the path of self-realization. Due to false ego, we don’t listen to the advice. Due to false ego, we don’t accept the instructions of the Spiritual Master and even the scriptures.

Srimad Bhagavatam 6.1.56-57

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Jun 14, 2011, 3:23:45 AM6/14/11
 Devotee Association

If you want to give up your inferior taste, if you want to give up your affiliation of material energy; then associate with devotees, associate with those who are more advanced. Take advantage of 'Sadhu', 'Guru' & 'Krishna'.

SB 2.7.27 ,19.07.82, Vrindavana

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Jun 15, 2011, 1:25:33 AM6/15/11
 Eligibility to hear about Rasa-Lila

Sometimes we feel that we need to hear some special message of "Rasa Lila" and not the same message of “Leave Maya” repeatedly. We are so deeply under Maya’s influence that Bhagavatam discusses this point again and again. If you hear it repeatedly, then you can hope to purify the heart. Only then we will become eligible to hear about the transcendental pastimes of the lord, to understand Rasa-Lila.

(Srimad Bhagavatam 5.5.16), 02.06.2009, New Delhi

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Jun 17, 2011, 1:23:11 AM6/17/11
 Spiritual Master & the Disciple

The spiritual master should not be expected to just say what the disciple wants to hear. The spiritual master is not like a professional politician who will only come and tell the disciple what the disciple wants to hear. A spiritual master’s instruction may be very shocking, but the disciple should accept the instruction with faith.

Freedom by surrender

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Jun 22, 2011, 12:45:23 AM6/22/11
Krsna Consciousness and Maya

We should take spiritual life very seriously, always keeping the enemy in the forefront of our mind. We do not want to keep the enemy behind. We always want to beware of the enemy so that we can keep our spiritual position safe.

Freedom by surrender

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Jun 23, 2011, 3:35:27 AM6/23/11
Vaisnava Relationships

Please continue to come regularly to these programs, and if any of your god-brothers or god-sisters do not come, you should be Krsna’s agent and tell him, “why aren’t you coming to the temple program? It is so lively. You will feel so spiritually strong.” We should all act like Krsna’s agents and encourage everyone to take part in these programs for the pleasure of the lord.

Freedom by surrender

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Jun 24, 2011, 2:31:56 AM6/24/11
Devotional Service

If the foundation is weak then the building is also weak. Similarly, if the foundation, the basis of devotional service that is the process of hearing and chanting is weak then the rest of the execution of devotional service will definitively be accompanied by defects.

Krsna- The Source of Happiness

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Jun 25, 2011, 5:04:51 AM6/25/11
Guru and the Disciple

The disciple should always act in the manner thinking that his Guru is next to him.So meditate on their instructions.When one thinks that Guru is standing next to oneself than one is always more careful.

Purpose of Life

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Jun 27, 2011, 5:02:26 AM6/27/11
Burden of Love

In fulfilling the desires of the lord, one may carry some burden also - in the sense that one may find it very difficult, but because one is doing it for the pleasure of the lord, that burden becomes burden of love.

Freedom by surrender

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Jun 28, 2011, 5:37:58 AM6/28/11
Mind Control

It is very important that we should focus our mind on spiritual activities. If that happens then at the time of death, our mind will be properly situated. Based on his desire, the living entity takes his birth accordingly. Krsna Consciousness teaches you the importance of regulating the mind because if the mind is properly regulated, there is no fear.

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Jun 29, 2011, 3:11:54 AM6/29/11
Preaching is the essence

If you have any skill or talent, use that to serve Krsna. Use your intelligence to think how you can spread the message of Krsna to everyone’s heart so that they can experience real happiness.

SB 5.5.3,13.05.2009, New Delhi

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Jun 30, 2011, 7:20:49 AM6/30/11
Shelter of Spiritual Master

The intelligence must be able to discriminate what is right and what is wrong. The contaminated mind cannot on its own determine what is right and what is wrong. Therefore, the scriptures recommend that the contaminated mind should take shelter of the purified mind, namely the spiritual master or the spiritual authority then the contaminated mind through the intelligence will understand what is right and what is wrong. But if one wants to just listen to the contaminated mind then the spiritual progress would become difficult.

Waves of Devotion

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Jul 6, 2011, 2:24:34 AM7/6/11
Service

Service has to be there in the human form of life. The question is whom should we serve? Who should be our master? That is the question. One cannot deny serving.

Freedom by surrender

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Jul 8, 2011, 1:36:19 AM7/8/11
Spiritual Masters

Those who are being initiated must also understand that within the Krishna Consciousness movement there are several spiritual masters, but they should not discriminate between one spiritual master and the other. They should not think, "My spiritual master is better than the other spiritual masters in the Krsna Consciousness movement." All the spiritual masters are working together under the order of Srila Prabhupada, which is coming from the Governing Body Commission to fulfil the instructions of Srila Prabhupada.

Freedom by surrender

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Jul 12, 2011, 10:46:51 AM7/12/11
Follow the magnanimous!

We just wanted to point out the forgiving nature of the Lord and His devotees. We devotees also in our dealings with each other should be very forgiving and magnanimous. Krishna forgave Brahma and Indra. Yudhishthira forgave Dhritarashtra. Some may say that we are not so magnanimous. You may not be that magnanimous but by attempting to follow the magnanimous you can also become magnanimous.

Srimad-Bhagavatam 7.13.28 10.06.03, Nizhny Novgorod

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Jul 13, 2011, 9:19:29 AM7/13/11
Vaidhi Bhakti

Razor’s edge means that if you are not careful on the devotional path you can get hurt. So on the devotional path if you follow the rules and regulations carefully then you are okay. But if you don’t follow the rules and regulations carefully or you chant and at the same time commit offenses etc. then the gains of devotional service will not be there.

(Srimad-Bhagavatam 5.26.2), 20.05.01, Moscow

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Aug 9, 2011, 12:42:49 AM8/9/11
Practice Devotional Service

1.     Sometimes devotees feel that I have been chanting for so many years but there is no improvement. You are improving and that is why you are still here, still chanting & associating with devotees. One should keep endeavoring and not endeavor for two days and then look for a short-cut.

(Srimad Bhagavatam 5.5.2), 12.05.2009, New Delhi

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Aug 26, 2011, 3:56:28 AM8/26/11
Forgiveness

A devotee is very forgiving. A devotee does not hold any grudges. A devotee does not hold any anger, a devotee even if inconvenienced by somebody, even if he is criticized by someone, he tolerates it rather than retaliate. He knows, he thinks this as will of the Lord that it has happened, so a devotee should be very forgiving and very tolerant.

Awakening the Soul

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Sep 7, 2011, 12:37:20 AM9/7/11
Tolerance

A devotee should be tolerant and a devotee should be forgiving and you forgive even somebody who may be a critic because Krishna
is testing our tolerance. We all are put through tests. We should not think, now we have come to spiritual life and everything will
be easy. It is not going to happen. In material life we all have to face turbulences. Krishna tests our sincerity and when we have
scriptural knowledge then you can afford to be tolerant.

Awakening the Soul

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Sep 17, 2011, 1:18:55 AM9/17/11
Who is Civilized?

Being civilized doesn’t mean just having a big house, or fancy clothes, or an expensive car to drive. A civilized human being means one who wants to mould his life based on the teachings of the Lord which are there in the scriptures.

Awakening the Soul

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Sep 9, 2011, 1:26:22 AM9/9/11
Guru and Disciple

Lord Caitanya says that one should have faith and reverence, follow the instructions of the spiritual master and one should have faith
that these instructions are for my betterment. In other words one should be humble in dealing with the spiritual master.

Awakening the Soul

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Sep 23, 2011, 12:56:40 AM9/23/11
See things in right perspective

Perfection of devotional service can be achieved simply by changing the nature of your material activities. So when you come to the spiritual process, you don’t stop your other activities. It is not that if you are to base your life on the Bhagavad-gita, or follow religious principles you will become inactive, disinterested. By coming in to spiritual life cultivating spiritual knowledge, you will see things in their right perspective, not that you renounce your genuine duties.

Awakening the Soul

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Sep 26, 2011, 3:24:54 AM9/26/11
Surrender

Krishna does not give us false hopes.Krishna never said that you can do whatever you want and I will still protect you. He says it very clearly that only if you surrender unto me then I will protect you.

Awakening the Soul

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Oct 4, 2011, 11:54:30 PM10/4/11
Simple living

Our philosophy is to practice what the Bhagavad-gita teaches, “Simple living and high thinking.” Simple living does not mean that we sleep beneath a tree. What it means is that we live simply, minimize our bodily demands so that we can focus on spiritual life also.

Awakening the Soul

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Oct 7, 2011, 12:22:26 AM10/7/11
Obeisances to the Lord

When we come in front of the deity, we should not think in any way that we have come in front of a brass statue. If someone thinks with that mentality, that is very offensive. When we come in front of the deity, we should understand that here is God. The first thing that one should do is to fall flat in front of the deity or bow down. Srila Sukadeva Goswami says that a head that doesn’t bow down before the Lord should be separated from the body. We should understand that the head that doesn’t bow down before the Lord is actually offensive.

Awakening the Soul

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Oct 16, 2011, 12:17:07 AM10/16/11
Chanting

This chanting is our most important activity whether we are a householder or a brahmacari or a sannyasi. If we are serious about

going back to godhead then this is one occupation we all share.

Awakening the Soul

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Oct 21, 2011, 3:48:35 AM10/21/11
Preaching is the essence

A gentleman does not tolerate a blind man walking on the wrong side of the road; rather he holds his hand and puts him on the right track. Similarly, a Vaiñëava, having a spiritual mission, tries to guide blind people to the path of spiritual advancement.

Awakening the Soul

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Nov 19, 2011, 6:35:27 AM11/19/11
Book Distribution

The sankirtana devotees are like firemen and firewomen. They are walking in the middle of the material world which is a big forest fire. And they are rescuing those who are being burnt by the fire of illusion.

(Lord Caitanya's tour to South India),  1.02.03, Sukharevo (Moscow)

The holy name is the most valuable asset that you can possess!

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Nov 20, 2011, 12:44:07 AM11/20/11
Book Distribution

There are so many opportunities to preach. We have harinamas, festivals, Bhakti-vrikshas, and book distribution. Prabhupada said that of all the preaching activities, book distribution is the best. So we should take part in these activities and thereby perfect our life.

Awakening the Soul

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Nov 21, 2011, 4:30:35 AM11/21/11
Book Distribution

Sankirtan forces us to be very humble. Sankirtan gives us the opportunity to free ourselves from the false ego that has been building within us. When you do not go out on Sankirtan, a lot of fat gets built on the body in the form of false ego, and that false ego further enhances the opportunity to develop material desires. Therefore, sankirtan means dumping out our false ego.

Krsna- The Source of Happiness

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Nov 28, 2011, 1:26:46 AM11/28/11
Book Distribution

Sankirtan forces us to be very humble. Sankirtan gives us the opportunity to free ourselves from the false ego that has been building within us. When you do not go out on Sankirtan, a lot of fat gets built on the body in the form of false ego, and that false ego further enhances the opportunity to develop material desires. Therefore, sankirtan means dumping out our false ego.

Krsna- The Source of Happiness

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Nov 30, 2011, 7:40:02 AM11/30/11
Book Distribution

These books have immense spiritual strength and even if somebody understands one sloka of these books and follows it his whole life will change.

(Srimad-Bhagavatam 4.31.19), February 2003, Moscow, Sukharevo

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Dec 1, 2011, 7:51:20 AM12/1/11
Book Distribution

Today in a kirtan we had five-six mridangas playing but even with best of microphones the voice can only travel to a distance. But if you distribute a book it’s effect travels hundreds and thousands of miles.

(Srimad-Bhagavatam 4.31.19), February 2003, Moscow, Sukharevo

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Dec 8, 2011, 3:10:02 AM12/8/11
Book Distribution

Sankirtan forces us to be very humble. Sankirtan gives us the opportunity to free ourselves from the false ego that has been building within us. When you do not go out on Sankirtan, a lot of fat gets built on the body in the form of false ego, and that false ego further enhances the opportunity to develop material desires. Therefore, sankirtan means dumping out our false ego.

Krsna- The Source of Happiness

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Dec 8, 2011, 11:53:56 PM12/8/11
Book Distribution

It is so unfortunate that sometimes devotees say, "I am fried from sankirtan. I can not go out. I can not do this. I can not do that." This is so unfortunate because here is an able-bodied man, here is a man whose body is being kept intact by Krsna so that Krsna's name can be propagated, and we are not using our able bodies for that and want to use it for something else.

Krsna- The Source of Happiness

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Dec 26, 2011, 5:33:31 AM12/26/11
Book Distribution

In the Krsna Consciousness movement, success is measured in just two characteristics - how many devotees you make and how many books you give out. Prabhupada did not teach us any third dimension of success.

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Jan 5, 2012, 5:51:44 AM1/5/12
Book Distribution

Prabhupada said, 'As long as book distribution goes on I will never die". Because Prabhupada has been, is and will continue for the next ten thousand years to preach through the medium of his books. So book distribution is the life and soul of this Krishna consciousness movement.

Lord Caitanya's tour to South India, 1.02.03, Sukharevo (Moscow)

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Jan 9, 2012, 9:26:14 AM1/9/12
Devotional Service

In Krsna Consciousness there cannot be two opinions. There is only one goal :- to serve Krsna to one's best ability. If there is some disagreement over service, such disagreement is to be taken as spiritual.
(Waves of Wisdom)

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Jan 11, 2012, 5:42:10 AM1/11/12
Krsna Consciousness and Maya

We should take spiritual life very seriously, always keeping the enemy in the forefront of our mind. We do not want to keep the enemy behind. We always want to beware of the enemy so that we can keep our spiritual position safe.

Freedom by surrender

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Jan 12, 2012, 4:44:55 AM1/12/12
Spiritual Masters

Those who are being initiated must also understand that within the Krishna Consciousness movement there are several spiritual masters, but they should not discriminate between one spiritual master and the other. They should not think, "My spiritual master is better than the other spiritual masters in the Krsna Consciousness movement." All the spiritual masters are working together under the order of Srila Prabhupada, which is coming from the Governing Body Commission to fulfil the instructions of Srila Prabhupada.

Freedom by surrender

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Jan 17, 2012, 10:11:10 AM1/17/12
False Prestige

False prestige or ahankar is one of the stumbling blocks on the path of self-realization. Due to false ego, we don’t listen to the advice. Due to false ego, we don’t accept the instructions of the Spiritual Master and even the scriptures.

Srimad Bhagavatam 6.1.56-57

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Jan 21, 2012, 6:41:34 AM1/21/12
The Spiritual Master and Disciple

We should not take the word “Siksa Guru” lightly. It seems that people have started thinking that whoever is instructing is a “Siksa Guru”. According to ISKCON’s regulations, “Siksa Guru” is a very big responsibility. This position is granted only after a lot of procedures. Whoever is instructing you is not a “Siksa Guru” even if they are posing as one. They are just monitors like you have a monitor in a class.

S.B 5.5.3, 13.05.2009, New Delhi

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Jan 23, 2012, 5:01:10 AM1/23/12
Who to accept instructions from?

One should not accept just about anyone as a Sadhu. Check if the Sadhu is instructing based on Guru Parampara, scriptures. Especially one who is associated with ISKCON should check if the instructions are based on Prabhupada’s teachings, then those instructions can be accepted.

S.B 5.5.3, 13.05.2009, New Delhi

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Jan 27, 2012, 4:37:25 AM1/27/12
MERCY OF KRSNA

This also we should be aware of, because very often when things get difficult, we tend to get discouraged. But we should always remember that Krsna is watching us, and if we persist hoping that Krsna’s mercy will fall, Krsna will definitely benedict the devotee.

Freedom by surrender

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Jan 29, 2012, 10:55:53 PM1/29/12

Devotional Service

The reason that somebody leaves is that he had not developed Nistha, he did not have firm faith, which was because he did not take the medicine, which is Bhajan-Kriya. As a result of this, one's faith becomes weak. Therefore, we have to develop and come to the stage of nistha, and there is no alternative to bhajan-kriya to make one's faith strong.

Purpose of Life

The holy name is the most valuable asset that you can possess!

- By H.H.Gopal Krishna Goswami Maharaj

www.gopalkrishnagoswami.com/main

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Jan 31, 2012, 2:20:21 AM1/31/12
Mind Control

It is very important that we should focus our mind on spiritual activities. If that happens then at the time of death, our mind will be properly situated. Based on his desire, the living entity takes his birth accordingly. Krsna Consciousness teaches you the importance of regulating the mind because if the mind is properly regulated, there is no fear.

Freedom by surrender

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Feb 15, 2012, 12:42:16 AM2/15/12

Devotional Service

If the foundation is weak then the building is also weak. Similarly, if the foundation, the basis of devotional service that is the process of hearing and chanting is weak then the rest of the execution of devotional service will definitively be accompanied by defects.

Krsna- The Source of Happiness

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Feb 19, 2012, 6:28:16 AM2/19/12
False Prestige

False prestige or ahankar is one of the stumbling blocks on the path of self-realization. Due to false ego, we don’t listen to the advice. Due to false ego, we don’t accept the instructions of the Spiritual Master and even the scriptures.

Srimad Bhagavatam 6.1.56-57

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Mar 8, 2012, 10:27:22 PM3/8/12

Mercy of Guru

The mercy can be there but you take advantage of mercy by reading and chanting. If you don’t take advantage of the mercy then what can a Guru do.The Guru can only give you the right instruction.

(Vyas Puja), 19th August 2006, New Delhi

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Mar 12, 2012, 8:28:16 AM3/12/12
Uncontrolled Senses

The uncontrolled senses are the cause of a living entity being transmigrated from one body to another body. And the same senses, which are the cause of bondage, are utilized in a therapeutic manner; therapeutic manner here refers to the process of devotional service. So the same senses if they are utilized in the process of devotional service become the cure of the disease.

Waves of wisdom

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Mar 20, 2012, 3:28:45 AM3/20/12

Process of Devotional Service

If you follow the process of devotional service sincerely, slowly the love of Godhead will manifest in your heart. If you try to take a short cut, you will perish in that short cut.

SB 5.5.16 ,03.06.2009, New Delhi

Sita Rani Devi Dasi

Mar 23, 2012, 3:54:07 AM3/23/12
Qualification of a Sadhu

The truth may hurt, but the truth has to be spoken. The qualification of a Sadhu is that he does not look to flatter his audience, unlike a politician who goes to a place and finds out what the problem is, and just speaks on that line.

Freedom by surrender
It is loading more messages.