Intake and Evaluation Team

Ken Starks

May 2, 2010, 11:57:18 AM5/2/10
to Linux Against Poverty 2010
Roy Hall has volunteered to Team Lead this group. This is the most
critical point of our project as everything else flows from this
point. If you are interested in joining this group, talk about it
here. A brief overview of this team will be posted shortly and
uploaded as a file for you to look at.

Gray

May 2, 2010, 2:47:47 PM5/2/10
to Linux Against Poverty 2010
I've volunteered to serve as "second-in-command" for Roy.

- Gray Abbott

Patrick

May 2, 2010, 3:14:16 PM5/2/10
to Linux Against Poverty 2010
Hello Roy,

I met you Saturday at the Triumph.

I would like to help with the donor relations and getting them the
numbers and info necessary to enter the drawing / getting tax receipts
online via LAP / helios.

We will need to know the range of unique ID's and have these pre-
printed on labels (cheap 33-up would be fine?) ... one for each
machine or box of items ... then one to affix to the donor info sheet
(in some cases multiple ID's per donor)

The nature of the ID's will be determined by Lynn, I think the idea is
they will go to the LAP site and enter the ID's we give them.

- Pat Wood

Roy Hall

May 3, 2010, 10:02:37 PM5/3/10
to Linux Against Poverty 2010
33-up should work fine for the labels, my only fear is if they'll stay
on the side of the computers. They will be moving around a lot and
handled many different people. As far as the numbering scheme, I was
thinking for something simple like starting at 1000, that way we don't
have to get elaborate with it. But I'm always open for ideas.
> > uploaded as a file for you to look at.- Hide quoted text -

Lynn Bender

May 3, 2010, 10:17:57 PM5/3/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
I meant to print the labels today, but won't get around to it until tomorrow.
the format is number-dash-number, where each number is between
one and three digits.

-Lynn
--
-Lynn Bender
http://geekaustin.org

Roy Hall

May 3, 2010, 10:32:21 PM5/3/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
Ok cool. So like 000-001, 000-002?
--
Sent from my mobile device

Lynn Bender

May 3, 2010, 10:34:56 PM5/3/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
it's a random sequence without zero-fill.

I'm using a random sequence so that people can't claim a donation they didn't make.

-Lynn

Alan Jones

May 4, 2010, 12:14:19 PM5/4/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lynn,

If you've after guaranteed unique identifiers you could use a uuid.

You'll get something similar to
12948082-cf98-45b5-924b-95f7350283be

by running uuidgen. The value it generates it guaranteed to be
unique until something like the year 3000.

Here's a bash one liner to generate 100

for i in {1..100}; do uuidgen; done > ~/uuidlist

Cheers,

Alan.

Lynn Bender

May 4, 2010, 12:17:36 PM5/4/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
I already have the numbers generated and loaded into the webapp

-Lynn.

Pat Wood

Jun 1, 2010, 6:59:46 PM6/1/10
to Linux Against Poverty 2010
Hello Roy,

I was wondering if there will be 10 - 20 machines ready for the
install the morning of LAP .. so they can get busy right away. I have
time to help with this before the install day.

The "spec sheet" looks good to me ... we will need pens and a few
tape dispensers to fill these out and temporarily attach them to the
machines.

Should we bring a printer / copier to print out more sheets if need
be?

Looking forward to the event!
Pat

Roy Hall

Jun 1, 2010, 7:13:15 PM6/1/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
I'm working on getting a few before the event that are good machines
that will just need mint installed. But how many, I'm not sure of, but
atleast 7/8 so far. I'll just have to make sure the drives are
"shredded" before the event.

Pat Wood

Jun 1, 2010, 7:13:18 PM6/1/10
to Linux Against Poverty 2010
Also, will there be a sheet that we will affix the "lottery" sticker
to? This would have info on where to enter the number and serve as a
tax receipt?

Lynn Bender

Jun 1, 2010, 7:18:45 PM6/1/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
>Also, will there be a sheet that we will affix the "lottery" sticker
to? This would have info on where to enter the number and serve as a
tax receipt?

I will have 200 sheets with attached stickers for drive-thru donations.
The lottery number which is on the sheet is the same as the inventory number on the sticker.

When someone pulls up, you'll simply pull the sticker off and attach it to the computer, and hand the sheet to the donor. That's all there is to it. The sheet also contains information on getting the tax receipt.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Lynn

Patrick Wood

Jun 1, 2010, 7:21:39 PM6/1/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
Awesome Lynn!

Lionel Felix

Jun 1, 2010, 11:39:01 PM6/1/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
I've got some laser printers that can be borrowed for the event. Send me an
email directly if you need them. Or anything else. I have a decent stock of
things I can lend for it. Big TVs, blu-ray players, new servers, printers,
tools from drills to welders. 40+ U rack on wheels, cisco gigabit
switches... If it's needed, ask me I may have one or more ready to go.