LAP Volunteer team list

1 view

al...@alexthurlow.com

May 6, 2010, 3:00:12 PM5/6/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
Message from al...@alexthurlow.com:
I've made a google doc to track who's volunteering for which team.  Please add yourself to whichever team you're volunteering for so we know how many confirmed we have for each one.
Click to open:
Google Docs makes it easy to create, store and share online documents, spreadsheets and presentations.
Google Docs logo

Kelly Saccomanno

May 6, 2010, 3:10:50 PM5/6/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
should we start a new column, or....?

Alex Thurlow

May 6, 2010, 3:14:45 PM5/6/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
I made one sheet on the doc for each team.  Front sheet is a quick ref of the team leads.
Alex Thurlow
Blastro Networks

http://www.blastro.com
http://www.roxwel.com
http://www.yallwire.com

Kelly Saccomanno

May 6, 2010, 3:18:14 PM5/6/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
ah, got it, thanks!

Kelly Saccomanno

May 6, 2010, 4:01:32 PM5/6/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
oh, is there a list for those who want to be runners/ etc but aren't doing the technical stuff?

Alex Thurlow

May 6, 2010, 4:15:16 PM5/6/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
Good question.  Do we want to assign runners to teams already or just have a runners team who can be assigned and moved around on the day of?

Thomas Elrod

May 6, 2010, 4:34:49 PM5/6/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
I like the sound of a team of runners that will get assigned at the day of. It just sounds like a more flexible method of resource allocation. The only problem I can see with that is that if there aren't enough of the required resource(the runners) with the possibility of maybe needing to reassign them in real time.
A mix of the two sounds ideal to me. Have a team of runners where they are assigned a team but can be reallocated as necessary on the day of.

I'll volunteer to be a runner if nothing else.

Thomas Elrod
El...@ThomasElrod.com

Kelly Saccomanno

May 6, 2010, 4:38:56 PM5/6/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
or just have a team CALLED runners for now, to see who's there, and assign as needed the day of.

Alex Thurlow

May 6, 2010, 4:41:12 PM5/6/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
I added a sheet for runners, and I also added a sheet for "Unassigned" which would be for people who want to help, but aren't sure which team to put themselves on.

Andy Krell

May 6, 2010, 5:14:18 PM5/6/10
to Linux Against Poverty 2010
Signing up to be a runner and then having day of flexibility sounds
good to me.

Skip Da Shu

May 31, 2010, 6:08:16 PM5/31/10
to Linux Against Poverty 2010
I've updated the "Repair Team" tab. We have 5 folks on the Repair
Team list now. I'd like to pair another 5 folks up with these 5 so we
have 5 teams (4 working and 1 as high load/relief team). Andy has one
in mind but we'd like to get 5~7 more names on this list and then
we'll close of the hardware repair team.

See link to the list Alex created in 1st message or cut and paste from
below.

Thanx, Skip

On May 6, 2:00 pm, a...@alexthurlow.com wrote:
> I've shared a document with you:
>
> LAP Volunteer team listhttp://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AuENSWCh-uMNdDFxTmd2eF8yZTdzO...
>
> It's not an attachment -- it's stored online at Google Docs. To open this
> document, just click the link above.

Lionel Felix

May 31, 2010, 8:48:13 PM5/31/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
Im having googledocs fail. Im happy to be on the repair team.

Skip Guenter

Jun 2, 2010, 1:28:25 AM6/2/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
Will add u to repair team on the google sheet shortly... Thanx much, Skip

--
"La carencia de recursos no debe de ser impedimento para que un ni�o tenga acceso a la tecnolog�a."

Kelly Saccomanno

Jun 2, 2010, 8:07:21 AM6/2/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
I'm afraid I won't be able to make it due to new work schedule.

Sent from my iPod

> "La carencia de recursos no debe de ser impedimento para que un niño
> tenga acceso a la tecnología."

al...@alexthurlow.com

Jun 2, 2010, 10:57:58 AM6/2/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
Message from al...@alexthurlow.com:
Looks like the permissionso n the doc got messed up.  I've shared it with the group again.

Skip Da Shu

Jun 2, 2010, 5:14:09 PM6/2/10
to Linux Against Poverty 2010
Sure hope it wasn't me that messed up the permissions. I was trying
to share the doc with Lynn last night.

Anyway... We have 6 folks signed up for the repair team and need at
least 4 more to make our 5 teams (4 full time, 1 relief team).
If you're not on the spreasheet and would like to be on the repair
team please let Andy or myself know ASAP.

Thanx, Skip

On Jun 2, 9:57 am, a...@alexthurlow.com wrote:
> I've shared a document with you:
>
> LAP Volunteer team listhttp://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AuENSWCh-uMNdDFxTmd2eF8yZTdzO...
>
> It's not an attachment -- it's stored online at Google Docs. To open this
> document, just click the link above.

Lynn Bender

Jun 2, 2010, 5:25:12 PM6/2/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
No, that was me. I hosed the permissions.
--
-Lynn Bender
http://geekaustin.org

Matt Walsh

Jun 2, 2010, 5:29:04 PM6/2/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
Hey Skip,
I put my name on the spreadsheet last week and I'd like to help out wherever I can.

---
Matt Walsh
wal...@gmail.com

Jim Stallworth

Jun 2, 2010, 5:48:47 PM6/2/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
Happy to help out where ever needed.

Just point me in the right direction.

Jim

Matt Domsch

Jun 3, 2010, 12:17:53 AM6/3/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 4:48 PM, Jim Stallworth <jim.sta...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Happy to help out where ever needed.
> Just point me in the right direction.

Likewise. I added myself to the "Unassigned" tab.

Thanks,
Matt

Antares

Jun 7, 2010, 10:53:37 PM6/7/10
to Linux Against Poverty 2010
I added myself to the Salvage tab, unless help is needed more in
Repair, in which case I'm happy to do that instead.

Antares

Chris Burton

Jun 7, 2010, 10:55:01 PM6/7/10
to Linux Against Poverty 2010
Howdy! I've added myself as a repair tech. Very comfortable
troubleshooting hardware and driver issues. Happy to help with such a
noble cause.

Skip Guenter

Jun 7, 2010, 11:44:42 PM6/7/10
to lap...@googlegroups.com
Thanx much. See ya on the 19th.

Skip

--
"A child's exposure to technology should never be predicated on an ability to afford it."

Ed Swarthout

Jun 8, 2010, 2:13:26 AM6/8/10
to Linux Against Poverty 2010
I'm good at hardware debug, so I signed up for Repair - but I can do
anything needed.

Ed