Language request: ASP

Jimmetry

May 21, 2009, 6:10:33 AM5/21/09
to LangPop
I would LIKE to see the language die, but I'm pretty sure it hasn't.
Would be good to see how it weighs up against PHP.

David Welton

May 21, 2009, 6:13:58 AM5/21/09
to lan...@googlegroups.com
> I would LIKE to see the language die, but I'm pretty sure it hasn't.
> Would be good to see how it weighs up against PHP.

ASP really isn't a language though. Hrm. Maybe it's time to add a
'web stuff' category...

--
David N. Welton

http://www.welton.it/davidw/

http://www.dedasys.com/
Sent from Padova, PD, Italy

Jimmetry

May 23, 2009, 12:26:51 AM5/23/09
to LangPop
In a strict definition sense, I suppose I agree. But then again, I
don't really think Delphi should've ever been declared a separate
language either.

In an employment/job listing sense, though, it is certainly treated as
one.

Jim Driscoll

Jul 6, 2009, 11:53:12 AM7/6/09
to LangPop
ASP is a web framework, as is JSP, or for that matter, Struts, Wicket,
JSF or Rails.

So, really a different topic, though I'd love to see a separate series
for that, it should be a separate series.

Evans data gathers adoption data for languages, and they also put web
frameworks into a different list.

Jim