FreshTags Integration

gregor...@gmail.com

Feb 15, 2006, 9:22:52 AM2/15/06
to labelr-users
Hi,

As suggested by Amit, I thought I'd drop a note about Labelr and <a
href="http://ghill.customer.netspace.net.au/freshtags">FreshTags</a>.
John at <a href="http://blogfresh.blogspot.com">Freshblog</a> wrote a
<a
href="http://blogfresh.blogspot.com/2006/02/new-category-service.html">review
of Labelr</a>. I followed up with a crude analysis of what's going on
under the hood (check the comments).

I suggested some avenues to explore for integrating Labelr with social
tagging services (like <a href="http://del.icio.us">delicious</a> and
and category/tag management, doing so would also allow Labelr users to
take advantage of FreshTags for flexible presentation of tags and post
titles. It would also support other "social aspects" of tagging, such
as readers passing tags between blogs and blogs picking up tags out
search engine queries. (Read this review of <a
href="http://blogfresh.blogspot.com/2006/01/freshtags-v-05.html">FreshTags
blog navigation and integration</a>.)

In terms of technology, both FreshTags and Labelr require a Javascript
object with tags and posts stuffed in it; FreshTags gets its as a JSON
feed from delicious. Worth looking into?

Cheers,

-Greg.

Amit Upadhyay

Feb 15, 2006, 12:44:04 PM2/15/06
to labelr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Greg,

Thanks for the info, I will read the documents you have linked, sounds like a good idea, but I can not commit anything as of now, as I am very busy with the priority things like unicode support and getting all the pages working which is occupying most of my time.

Let me reassure you I am interested in all you said, but preoccupied as of now. Give me some time.
--
Amit Upadhyay
Blog: http://www.rootshell.be/~upadhyay