OK... what art do you want to see... and why?

le...@laartwork.com

Oct 11, 2008, 3:57:25 AM10/11/08
to LAartwork
Let's hear and discuss your suggestions. Keep it in the Pop Art realm
(popular culture)

george...@gmail.com

Oct 17, 2008, 10:03:17 PM10/17/08
to LAartwork
Pop Art take on The Warriors would be great. Especially a portrait of
one of the Furys. The movie was an alltime classic and I would love to
see that hanging in my apartment.

george...@gmail.com

Oct 17, 2008, 10:11:50 PM10/17/08
to LAartwork

le...@laartwork.com

Oct 17, 2008, 10:38:20 PM10/17/08
to LAartwork
Yeah... funny you should mention that... there has not been any new
Yuri art all year but it was supposed to be a secret but since not
many people are reading this forum.... before Christmas possible Pop
Art... Clockwork Orange, Mad Max/Road Warrior, Shaun of the Dead
and ... possibly ... I shouldn't say it... The Warriors... and more
than one... if at all... you didn't hear it from me).

As for Leon art for sure Johnny Cash ... others already designed and
just need to be drawn are Exorcist, and from Grindhouse: Cherry from
Planet Terror and really want to do a Stuntman Mike from Death Proof.
It's just takes so long to draw each one and really trying to find
some time.

Keep those ideas coming

Leon

On Oct 17, 7:11 pm, "george.da...@gmail.com" <george.da...@gmail.com>

george...@gmail.com

Oct 17, 2008, 10:43:03 PM10/17/08
to LAartwork
You have no idea how happy that makes me! I love almost every piece of
artwork on your site. I just moved into a new apartment and am
decorating it solely from your site, one piece at a time.

george...@gmail.com

Oct 17, 2008, 10:47:20 PM10/17/08
to LAartwork
Other pieces I would fall in love with would be any scene from Blow,
and anything from the Marvel Universe. I had a whole bunch of ideas
before but now that I have an opportunity to state them I'm drawing a
blank

On Oct 17, 10:43 pm, "george.da...@gmail.com" <george.da...@gmail.com>

Gilgamesh1082

Oct 19, 2008, 8:51:44 PM10/19/08
to LAartwork
Off the top of my head:

Mick Jagger
Christopher Walken from Poolhall Junkies
Metallica
Jack Nicholson's Joker
Heath Ledger's Joker
The Comedian from The Watchmen
Jack Nicholson
Matt Damon from The Departed
Ric Flair from the 1980s (I would easily buy like 10 of these)
Ric Flair of this year (Just a portrait of his face)
Hot Fuzz
Jason Statham
Bill Murray from The Ghostbusters
Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark in Ironman

LAartwork

Oct 21, 2008, 2:30:57 AM10/21/08
to LAartwork
There was a Mick in the works but it had to be as good as the Keith.
I was thinking Walken from Dear Hunter. I designed it a while back but
never drew it.
Metallica... no
Nicholson from something else Shining, Departed of One Flew Over
Read my blog about Ledger

I am reading the Watchmen (just got to the halfway mark) incredible
book and unless you were going to do an HBO 10-part series I really do
not see how it could be a good movie (but that is what I thought about
Lord of the Rings). Anyways if it is good there might be a Rorshach,
Visually that is the only interesting character to me.

Damon more from the Bourne series.

Ric Flair... the wrestler?

Jason Statham maybe from one of the Guy Ritchie movies... maybe

Shaun of the Dead before Hot Fuzz

Bill Murry ... Ghostbusters... hmmm... that is not bad.

Downey... if the second film is good then maybe. Ironman though would
look good in Yuri's Pop art style. Go along with Robocop, Terminator,
a whole metalmen series.

Great suggestions, I wish I could draw more than 6 a year.

Leon

Bunz

Oct 26, 2008, 9:17:55 PM10/26/08
to LAartwork
Anton Chigurh from No Country for Old Men
Hans Gruber from Die Hard
William Wallace from Braveheart
The Predator (with or without Helmet) or Dutch from Predator
Casey Jones (with Hockey Mask) from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Bill the Butcher from Gangs of New York
Beetlejuice
Deckard from Blade Runner
Mickey O'Neil from Snatch

Music:
Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam
Trent Reznor from Nine Inch Nails

just some ideas and/or suggestions. let me know what you think.

i'll try and think of some more
> > > (popular culture)- Hide quoted text -

Manix

Oct 27, 2008, 8:33:36 PM10/27/08
to LAartwork
The Anton Chigurh idea is a good one.

I would love to see Paul Newman in Cool Hand Luke. It is unfortunate
he passed away recently, as this may delay any production (I read your
Heath Ledger blog). But it's my favorite movie and I don't think you
have any paul newman pieces.

Music: what about some of the Jazz greats? Miles or Coltrane? Would
it be possible to do Mos Def? Or what about Elliot Smith? That's all
I can think of.

LAartwork

Oct 27, 2008, 11:41:20 PM10/27/08
to LAartwork
I'll address both posts since they start the same.

Anton is one I thought of when I watched the movie.. but haven't seen
it since the theater.

Blade Runner was a movie I tried to get some stuff from but it was
very dark and they didn't lend themselves well.

There is a Predator... a Yuri one. I will check to see why it is not
up on the site.

As far as Jazz musicians... there are so many paintings of Miles and
Coltrane and on and on... I am not sure what I could add.

This has been a Braveheart free zone so far. I know it lends it self
very nicely and I could probably do something cool with it. I just
didn't care for the movie enough to spend that much time drawing
something. But for those Mel Gibson fans finally after... hmmm... well
over a year we have new Yuri art.

It has been awhile do to the fact that for years people have been
ripping us off and our style with simple paint by numbers style art.
It's cool but often just the most obvious picture. (Like movie poster)
Sometimes they use my art to photoshop.

I try to provide a new image... that used to mean pausing the movie
(still does) So that we see a new image of Monroe or Elvis that has
not been done to death. Our favorite thing to do is create something
beyond the still. Subtle changes that you won't find in the movie. Han
Solo and the gun do not appear in that shot. Mr.White does not look up
until Mr. Orange is out of frame. Soprano wasn't wearing a suit or
holding a cigar in the scene I used to draw his
face.

So that leads to the Yuri art. The real paintings are a trip. Thick
iridescent paints in most and textured blood drips for his Taxi
Driver. Unfortunately we can not reproduce this so we end up redoing
the art in photo-paint to even out the colors and flatten the image.
It's a shame but a necessity. So since we were going digital anyways
we thought, why not really do something digitally to at least match
the "coolness" factor of the originals.

So for whoever reads takes the time to read the forum... I present..

Mad Max 2 Road Warrior - Asphalt Edition (Roadkill Edition) (the non-
special edition for us poor folk is shown as well... but the blue
shows up way too bright)

Click the Close-Up detail to see the asphalt.

It is not searchable on the site yet... this is the only link.. enjoy

http://laartwork.zoovy.com/product/ROAD-WARRIOR-SE_ART

Thanks,
Leon

Bunz

Oct 30, 2008, 10:34:00 PM10/30/08
to LAartwork
love the mad max art. funny cuz i was actually gonna ask if you
thought about toying with the backgrounds more.
anyways thought of some more possible art

jack burton from big trouble in little china or possibly a pop art
picture by yuri of the Three Storms from the same movie

any thought about beetlejuice in his "It's Showtime" pose from the
movie? I think that would make for a great pic. Also any info about
that Predator pic you spoke of earlier?

LAartwork

Oct 30, 2008, 11:19:30 PM10/30/08
to LAartwork
We will post the Predator back up on the site in the next couple
weeks.

We will save all these ideas for when we actually have some time. But
no promises.

But I am finishing my Johnny Cash drawing tonight. That could be it
for me until after Christmas.
4 drawings in one year is a pretty bad pace and I hope to make up for
it early next year.

There are 3 maybe 4 more Yuri art before Thanksgiving. Maybe.

Leon

le...@laartwork.com

Nov 4, 2008, 7:32:20 AM11/4/08
to LAartwork
Turns out more Yuri Pop Art than expected.

Complete and ready to post on the site shortly. (a little something
for everyone)

The Warriors (just the Warriors themselves) no other gang looked as
cool when done like this (not even the Furies... plus there was no
group shot and the best shot was already done)

A Clockwork Orange Droogs

Shaun of the Dead

Hot Fuzz

Snatch (Pitt and Statham)

Road Warrior (mohawk guy)

Leon pencil drawings art:

Johnny Cash

James Bond - Daniel Craig

I would post them now but I wanted to hold off until I did one more...
so that the newsletter will have everything (nearly everything...
there will be a few more in the next couple weeks.)

I was thinking about the News Crew Gangs from Anchorman

LA Artwork

Nov 6, 2008, 3:41:29 PM11/6/08
to LAartwork
Ok they are in the new release section of laartwork.com

McAn

Nov 12, 2008, 3:48:26 PM11/12/08
to LAartwork
The ones I'd like to see in the future include:

Donald Pleasance as Blofeld (You only live twice)
Death (The seventh seal)
Riff Raff (Rocky Horror Picture Show)
Greta Garbo
Boris Karloff (Frankenstein)
Bela Lugosi (Dracula)
Sue Lyon (Lolita)
Leatherface (Texas chainsaw massacre)

Ziggy Stardust
Freddie Mercury (Queen)

LA Artwork

Nov 12, 2008, 4:27:47 PM11/12/08
to LAartwork
Everyone... except a few will think my Blofeld is a bad Dr. Evil

Hey... I did draw Karloff.

Riddler

Dec 2, 2008, 2:49:26 PM12/2/08
to LAartwork
I am a huge fan! People I would love to see....

Obviously a Jay & Silent Bob

Mel Gibson in BraveHeart

Daniel Day Lewis or Wes Studi from The Last of the Mohicans

Maybe all 4 Ghostbusters (the classic crossing the streams pose?)

I personally would buy a Lindsey Buckingham one. In fact, I am almost
positive I would buy even more of them for my friends.

That being said, a Fleetwood Mac group shot would be incredible.

Khan Noonien Singh (Wrath of Khan era when he was really built!)

Quint, Brody and Hooper from Jaws! (A group shot as well would be
awesome!)

The Emperor from Star Wars

The Lineup from Usual Suspects

Anything from Monty Python and the Holy Grail

R.Lee Ermey from Full Metal jacket

Ivan Drago! That would be awesome!

Thats all I can think of off of the top of my head. let me know what
you think.

LAartwork

Jan 19, 2009, 10:25:18 PM1/19/09
to LAartwork
OK.. I was busy with the holidays but for those who want to see it
first:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA3lqs1pmJI

My goal was to not do a Joker that was based on a previous image but
was really strong ...so it was tricky but I am happy with the results.