LUGs?

Oct 1, 2001, 3:49:45 PM10/1/01
Does anybody know of a Linux Users Group in the area? Anyone planning on
starting one?

-marko

someone

Oct 1, 2001, 5:09:23 PM10/1/01
Try uw.linux which is Linux Users Groups in University of Waterloo.

"X" <XX...@XXXXXX.net> wrote in message

Tim Campbell

Oct 1, 2001, 8:38:26 PM10/1/01
I've never heard of one outside the university.
I'd be game to start a group. Anyone interested can email me, and I'll
start planning something based on response.
--
Tim Campbell, Web Developer
1-565 Belmont Avenue West, Kitchener, Ontario, Canada N2M 5E7

Giles Malet - IST

Oct 1, 2001, 9:29:08 PM10/1/01
X <XX...@XXXXXX.net> writes:

> Does anybody know of a Linux Users Group in the area? Anyone planning on
> starting one?

This was sitting over in uw.linux:

Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 00:11:15 -0400
From: permute <bill_...@hotmail.com>
To: pni...@uwaterloo.ca
Subject: KWLUG announcement

Hello All
My name is Bill Rieck and I would like to invite you to the first meeting of
the Kitchener-Waterloo Linux Users Group (KWLUG) on Oct. 13, 12-1 PM.
The biggest obstacle to the beginning of a LUG is having a meeting place
booked and some concrete times and dates. I have booked The Working Centre
(free), 43 Queen St. S., Kitchener, ON, for Saturday, Oct. 13, 12-1 PM and
can continue to have them there once a month until we agree on an
alternative. Judging from many other LUG meet times out there, they all meet
on a weekday once a month at 7 or 7:30 PM. The meet time may have to shift
to a weekday eventually, but for now it will be a Saturday, come on out so
you can have your input on this.
We need lots of ideas on how to make a kwlug work, all levels of experience
are welcome, and help of any kind is needed. It's up to you to come out and
help give direction to our group.
It is a great community meeting space that can accomodate up to 40 people.
We have a VCR, coffee, many computers for internet and Linux use, and a
volunteer-run (no charge) computer repair facility.
Mapquest link:
http://www.mapquest.com/cgi-bin/ia_find?link=btwn/twn-map_results&map_increa
se=1&uid=uay0r8c2gbd0x5sd:tluyyw9wa&aphoto=0&SNVData=3mad3-h.fy%28wb5qfr_%29
r755ft%3bah7-%3d%5b2g%29yy%5dOGSMW%2bGV%2b%15%24%2bYOMYVDLM%14%40%2bIW%40%2b
Y%12%3a%28_%3dLV_qar5hw%28.56rghz%28l%241w-u.wf7%3bxcx5sf7.grfe%7cs%24jdvnd%
7c%5b9r_05%5d%14%11JDL%2bEJ%2bF%26%2bIJ%17L%19MWDC%3a%2bBL%3a%2bLV&pcat
A mail list has been set up that may prove useful. You can subscribe by
sending a text e-mail to majo...@thinkers.org with 'subscribe kwlug', no
quotes, in the body.

gdm

Vid

Oct 1, 2001, 10:01:32 PM10/1/01
Unfortunately, it seems that rogers news server doesn't have the uw.linux
group.

but hey... it is good to hear that someone is starting up a LUG here. I
will be there.

Stuart MacDonald

Oct 2, 2001, 11:34:17 AM10/2/01
"Vid" <newsg...@isfoundhere.com> wrote

> Unfortunately, it seems that rogers news server doesn't have the uw.linux
> group.

news.ext.uwaterloo.ca is available for read-only access
to the uw.* groups.

...Stu

ch...@sgci.nospam.com

Oct 16, 2001, 1:14:29 AM10/16/01
Yes, the Kitchener Waterloo Unix User's Group meets the third wednesday of
every month. You can find more detailed instructions and directions at
http://www.kw.net/

Cheers and regards,
Chas