Kppp & PPPoE GUI on Kuliax 7.0

Saleem Khan

Sep 13, 2007, 2:18:15 PM9/13/07
to kul...@googlegroups.com

Hello everybody,

Just downloaded 6.0 and ran it live and later installed it to hard disc. It works 99.8 % out of the box except 1 major thing missing from it , i.e kppp so I can`t get online via my dial up.

I have a small request/suggestion:

Please include kppp and DSL front end dial pad ( PPPoE GUI ) on kuliax 7.0

The idea can be derived  from  Kiwi Linux ( http://distrowatch.com/kiwi ) { Kiwi Linux. Kiwi Linux is a modified Ubuntu live CD for the i386 architecture. It includes Romanian and Hungarian localisations, multimedia codecs, encrypted DVD support, Flash and Java plugins for Firefox, PPPoE GUI for accessing local Internet services (Clicknet and RDS) and write support for NTFS partitions.} from distrowatch.com

Thanks,

Best wishes for Kuliax 7.0

Regards,

Dr.Saleem Khan

Gear up for Halo® 3 with free downloads and an exclusive offer.

stwn

Sep 13, 2007, 11:53:48 PM9/13/07
to Kuliax Project
On Sep 14, 1:18 am, "Saleem Khan" <drmar...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everybody,

Hello Dr. Saleem :-)

> Just downloaded 6.0 and ran it live and later installed it to hard disc. It works 99.8 % out of the box except
> 1 major thing missing from it , i.e kppp so I can`t get online via my dial up.
>
> I have a small request/suggestion:
>
> Please include kppp and DSL front end dial pad ( PPPoE GUI ) on kuliax 7.0

KPPP is planned to be included in Kuliax 7.0 and we will try rp-pppoe
which includes GUI front-end based-on Tk.

> The idea can be derived from KiwiLinux (http://distrowatch.com/kiwi)

We will see what program KiwiLinux used to configure, start and stop
DSL connection.

Thank you,

-stwn