Explore Yoga in Old Patan with Rupesh Joshi!

Pranamaya Yoga

Dec 3, 2015, 6:20:32 AM12/3/15
to Kathmandu Kathmandu [Nepal]
Rupesh Joshi, our much-loved Hatha teacher, is also an expert in the ancient Newari alleys, squares and temples of Patan.

Join us on Sunday December 6th to explore the routes less travelled around the old city and to learn about its hidden gems, traditions, and the spiritual beliefs represented in the architecture and monuments which have so heavily influenced our modern practice of Yoga.

You will be introduced to some of the fascinating Newari history of Patan and will learn the intriguing stories behind spiritual sites tucked away from the main roads – including the Temple of 1000 Faces, the Monastery of Householder Monks, the red-faced Buddha guarded for centuries by the same community, and the special Kumari house of Patan.

The walk ends with a lunch together, so come along to meet new friends in the Pranamaya Yoga Community to explore the enchanting and eye-opening tales of our city. Lunch is not included in the price.

The three-hour guided walk costs 1300 rupees per person, includes all entry fees to the sites visited*, tea, and the expertise and fascinating local insights of Rupesh as our guide.

*This does not include the fee for Patan Durbar Square. Our route will enable us to avoid this fee, but you will need to pay this additionally to the Patan tourism officers if you decide to explore Durbar Square and Patan Museum area afterwards.

Please make sure you book your place for this workshop on our website
rupesh-4-small.jpg