Lecture Series: Nepal and Earthquakes

Kristel Chanard

Feb 15, 2010, 9:29:09 AM2/15/10
to Kathmandu Kathmandu [Nepal]
Hi all,
If you have questions about earthquakes in the Himalayas and seismic risks in Kathmandu, feel free to attend tomorrow talk. Sorry for the short notice.
Kristel

            Nepal and Earthquakes

*Always a concern…more so after Haiti*
 We are fortunate to bring a very important earth scientist to discuss earthquake in Nepal.

*When:  Tuesday 16 Feb, 6:30pm*

*Where: Lincoln School Auditorium*

 Mr. John Galetzka, geologist from the California Institute of Technology in Pasadena California, who spends much of his time in earthquake-prone parts of the world including Nepal, researching and setting up networks of monitoring instruments.
 Mr. Galetzka will offer a short presentation about seismic research and findings here in the Nepal Himalaya.  He hopes to raise awareness, ease fears and promote advanced preparation for when/if the big one comes to the Kathmandu Valley.  There will be plenty of time for questions and discussion following the presentation.
  We encourage you to attend this important discussion and please bring along others who are interested in learning about and preparing for earthquake in Nepal.

*TUESDAY 16 February 6:30pm*
* Lincoln School Auditorium*
*Questions:  call Lennette 985-111-0472 or Linda 985-104-0232*
    Lincoln School Parents' Association

Kristel Chanard

Feb 15, 2010, 11:29:34 PM2/15/10
to Kathmandu Kathmandu [Nepal]
Good morning,
Here is a location map of the Lincoln school if you want to attend the talk on earthquakes in Nepal.

--------
Lincoln School.vcf