Problems with Krusader (different versions) and KDE SC 4.4.5

Martin Gellrich

Jul 14, 2010, 6:18:36 PM7/14/10
to krus...@users.sourceforge.net
Hi,

first of all: Thank you all very much for developing this app. It's GREAT! I can't live without it!

I had a problem with Krusader running on KDE SC 4.4.5 using Slackware64 v13.1 (64-bit), which is described in the following, which I posted to a Slackware site:

"...Really funny things happen with my self-built (SBo script) krusader package (Krusader 2.2.0-beta1). Krusader once started, leads to a random number of copies (up to five copies observed) started in the following KDE session! Other Qt- or GTK-apps don’t show this behaviour. Removing ~/.kde/ so that ‘automagically’ a new one is created, does NOT help to solve the above problems."

"...It turns out, that a Krusader copy, once started, isn’t removed from memory after Krusader is shut down. For each started Krusader copy there remains one Krusader process in memory after application shutdown. Leaving KDE 4.4.5 and then restarting it, leads to a corresponding number of ‘automagically’ started Krusader processes in the new KDE session (e.g., 5 times starting and exiting Krusader in the previous KDE session ==> 5 Krusader copies started in the new KDE session).

It’s not quiet clear whether this is a problem with Krusader or KDE 4.4.5. Two different Krusader versions (v2.2.0beta1 and svn 2010-07-10, both compiled for KDE 4.4.5) show the behaviour described above. It could also be a problem of perhaps KDE’s kdeinit4 process. Other Qt-, X11-, or GTK-apps seem to work flawlessly..."

The above problem does NOT appear with Krusader 2.2.0beta1 running on KDE SC 4.4.4 (svn version above not tested there). For building of Krusader I used the SlackBuild script from krusader.tar.gz avail. at http://slackbuilds.org/repository/13.1/system/krusader/ .

Hope this info may be useful for you in any way,

Martin

kernel_daemon

Jul 15, 2010, 4:21:24 PM7/15/10
to krusader-devel
Hi I noticed the same behaviour. Arch linux 32bit.
Actually the problem is when qt version is 4.6.3. If you use Qt 4.6.2
or below krusader works fine.
The problem is with qt4.6.3 and krusader can not exit correctly. I
still haven't track the problem. The code is a bit messy.
the result is working copy of krusader and when you log out, kde saves
the session of all these copies.

I realy hope someone find where is the problem. It's hard to debug.

Victor

Alexander Stein

Jul 15, 2010, 4:39:19 PM7/15/10
to krusade...@googlegroups.com, Martin Gellrich
Hello,

I can't anything about QT4.6.3 as Victor said. I'm still running at 4.6.2. But
does this problem still occur when you enable the option that only one
instance of krusader is allowed?

Best regards,
Alexander

kernel_daemon

Jul 16, 2010, 12:31:49 PM7/16/10
to krusader-devel
Even if I enable single instance option, krusader can not exit
properly with qt4.6.3.

On Jul 15, 11:39 pm, Alexander Stein <alexander.st...@informatik.tu-

Karai Csaba

Jul 25, 2010, 7:08:14 PM7/25/10
to krusade...@googlegroups.com, Alexander Stein, Martin Gellrich
This is fixed.
Please try compiling the newest version.

Thanks,

Csaba

> Hello,
>
> Am Donnerstag 15 Juli 2010, 00:18:36 schrieb Martin Gellrich:
>> I had a problem with Krusader running on KDE SC 4.4.5 using Slackware64
>> v13.1 (64-bit), which is described in the following, which I posted to a
>> Slackware site:
>>
>> "...Really funny things happen with my self-built (SBo script) krusader
>> package (Krusader 2.2.0-beta1). Krusader once started, leads to a random
>> number of copies (up to five copies observed) started in the following KDE

>> session! Other Qt- or GTK-apps don�t show this behaviour. Removing ~/.kde/
>> so that �automagically� a new one is created, does NOT help to solve the
>> above problems."
>>
>> "...It turns out, that a Krusader copy, once started, isn�t removed from

>> memory after Krusader is shut down. For each started Krusader copy there
>> remains one Krusader process in memory after application shutdown. Leaving
>> KDE 4.4.5 and then restarting it, leads to a corresponding number of

>> �automagically� started Krusader processes in the new KDE session (e.g., 5

>> times starting and exiting Krusader in the previous KDE session ==> 5
>> Krusader copies started in the new KDE session).
>>

>> It�s not quiet clear whether this is a problem with Krusader or KDE 4.4.5.

>> Two different Krusader versions (v2.2.0beta1 and svn 2010-07-10, both
>> compiled for KDE 4.4.5) show the behaviour described above. It could also

>> be a problem of perhaps KDE�s kdeinit4 process. Other Qt-, X11-, or

kernel_daemon

Jul 31, 2010, 2:48:41 AM7/31/10
to krusader-devel
Thanks a lot :) It's working now :)