Brief View

Karai Csaba

Jan 17, 2007, 5:08:02 PM1/17/07
to krusade...@googlegroups.com
Good evening!

I've finished the brief view. It's feature complete. There's some bugs,
that should be corrected and some tests are missing.

Brief view should know everything, that detailed view knows.

Changing the view:
ALT+SHIFT+D Detailed view
ALT+SHIFT+B Brief view

Or use the menu...

Csaba

Shie Erlich

Jan 17, 2007, 6:58:13 PM1/17/07
to krusade...@googlegroups.com
congratulations.
regretfully, i'm away from my machine until friday night, so if anyone
has a chance to play with csaba's latest creation, plz let us know how it goes.

shie
--
Shie Erlich
http://www.krusader.org/

Rafi Yanai

Jan 18, 2007, 9:22:26 AM1/18/07
to krusade...@googlegroups.com
First bug report.
1. Can't select files with the mouse (I use left clicking)
2. There is no tooltip if the file name is cut
3. The cursor is not visible

anything else looks good though...

Matej Urbančič

Jan 18, 2007, 2:49:05 PM1/18/07
to krusade...@googlegroups.com
1. Switch to Brief
2 Left click on a file or folder
Result: it vanishes

1. Switch to Brief
2 Long Right click on a file or folder
3. popup comes up
4. left click on any file
Result: it vanishes

Matej

Karai Csaba

Jan 18, 2007, 6:08:21 PM1/18/07
Rafi Yanai írta:

> First bug report.
> 1. Can't select files with the mouse (I use left clicking)

Cannot reproduce. I've corrected a bug: clicking onto an empty
area caused problem. Now it's corrected, empty area's are attached to
the closest elements.

> 2. There is no tooltip if the file name is cut

Tooltip is added.

> 3. The cursor is not visible

Cannot reproduce.

Thanks,

Csaba

Karai Csaba

Jan 18, 2007, 6:13:38 PM1/18/07
Matej Urbančič írta:

> 1. Switch to Brief
> 2 Left click on a file or folder
> Result: it vanishes
>
> 1. Switch to Brief
> 2 Long Right click on a file or folder
> 3. popup comes up
> 4. left click on any file
> Result: it vanishes

Cannot reproduce. What does vanish means?
What kind of selection mode are you using?

Thanks,

Csaba

Richard/g

Jan 18, 2007, 7:55:38 PM1/18/07
On Thursday, 18 January 2007 19:13, Karai Csaba wrote:

> Matej Urban i írta:

> > 1. Switch to Brief
> > 2 Left click on a file or folder
> > Result: it vanishes
> >
> > 1. Switch to Brief
> > 2 Long Right click on a file or folder
> > 3. popup comes up
> > 4. left click on any file
> > Result: it vanishes
[It disappears]

Matej Urbančič

Jan 19, 2007, 1:51:59 AM1/19/07
to krusade...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
Selection is: right click select, long right click opens the menu (TC mode)

As Richard said the file name disappears eg. gets the same color as
background
Clicking next file (any file) the clicked one disappears, while the
previously disappeared file shows and also preserves selection.

Basically it means that the thing works, except that the file name gets
the same color as background when clicked.

Karai Csaba wrote:

> Matej Urban i rta:

Karai Csaba

Jan 19, 2007, 5:18:50 AM1/19/07
ext Richard/g írta:

> On Thursday, 18 January 2007 19:13, Karai Csaba wrote:
>>
>> Matej Urban i rta:

>> > 2 Left click on a file or folder
>> > Result: it vanishes
>> > 2 Long Right click on a file or folder
>> > 3. popup comes up
>> > 4. left click on any file
>> > Result: it vanishes
> [It disappears]

In brief view, one could not change the background color of
any item. I didn't have time to do it.

I guess, that the selected foreground color, and background color is
the same in your configuration.

As Brief mode doesn't set the background color, you may
not see anything.

Csaba

Karai Csaba

Jan 19, 2007, 7:43:47 AM1/19/07
to krusade...@googlegroups.com
> In brief view, one could not change the background color of
> any item. I didn't have time to do it.

I've implemented the background color handling. Please try with
the current CVS. Even alternate backgrounds should work.

Csaba

Dirk Eschler

Jan 19, 2007, 11:46:57 AM1/19/07
to krusade...@googlegroups.com

Good job Csaba. I'm not a brief user myself, but i know some very happy people
out there.

Using latest cvs, i have a problem with the focus rectangle, too. It's missing
from the first column when i click on a file or use the down key. But it
works in the second and third column, even though it's cut off a little in
this case (see kr_briefview_2nd_column.png).

I'm using the infamous Dirk's selection mode, resp. whatever comes closest
with a custom mode (see kr_briefview_selection.png). :-)

A small remark about usability: Can you disable the active view in the menu? I
mean, when the detailed view is active, the entry "View->Detailed View"
should better be greyed out. Same for the brief view.

--
Dirk Eschler <mailto:dirk.e...@gmx.net>
http://www.krusader.org

kr_briefview_selection.png
kr_briefview_2nd_column.png

Dirk Eschler

Jan 19, 2007, 12:43:36 PM1/19/07
to krusade...@googlegroups.com
Found a bug:

- Have Krusader configured to save settings on exit
- Have brief view activated
- Go to a directory, say ~/foo
- Exit Krusader
- mv ~/foo ~/bar
- Start Krusader again

-> Krusader can't find the directory, and then the brief view goes crazy.
Panel and other fields are empty (see the attached screenshot). The mouse
shows an hourclock, and it's impossible to get back to another directory. I
think the only way to get the panel to work again, is to remove the
(non-existant) directory from the config file.

kr_briefview_emptypanel.png

Matej Urbančič

Jan 19, 2007, 1:14:22 PM1/19/07
to krusade...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I too decided to paint some screenshots :) since the disappearance is
still present.

1. on the first screenshot.png I just entered the folder. Everything looks OK.
2. on the screenshot -1.png I rightclick the cron.monthly, the menu
pops up, and then I click on cron.hourly. As you see the name
disappeared, but monthly.cron is selected as it should.
3. I click left click on cron.hourly and as the screenshot -2.png
shows, the folder is selected.
4. I can now rightclick any folder and it select it as expected, but
if I leftclick it, it vanishes again. screenshot -3.png

Screenshot.png
Screenshot-1.png
Screenshot-2.png
Screenshot-3.png

Karai Csaba

Jan 19, 2007, 6:57:49 PM1/19/07
Matej Urbančič írta:

> Hello,
> I too decided to paint some screenshots :) since the disappearance is
> still present.

Can you please tell, what kind of KDE theme are you using?
What are the color configuration?

Thanks,

Csaba

Karai Csaba

Jan 19, 2007, 6:58:05 PM1/19/07
to krusade...@googlegroups.com
Fixed the deadlock bug and the focus bug.

Thanks, Csaba

Matej Urbančič

Jan 20, 2007, 2:27:48 AM1/20/07
to krusade...@googlegroups.com
I don't use KDE. I use gnome and I don't remember ever setting a
theme on KDE. I don't even know how to check it :)

But as you mentioned colors I changed the Krusader settings to 'use
KDE default colors' The problem is GONE!! But since I like my colors I
made some more screenshots :) Using mine, the krusader goes color
crazy!

First screen is my active colors, second inactive, I never changed
sinchroniser colors and selection mode is total commander.

The screeshot-2.png shows krusader and mixed colors. Some are on the
left, that should be on the right.

There is still disapeared folder name!

Matej

Matej Urbančič

Jan 20, 2007, 2:28:43 AM1/20/07
to krusade...@googlegroups.com
Ah, the screens...
Screenshot.png
Screenshot-1.png
Screenshot-2.png

Karai Csaba

Jan 20, 2007, 4:52:06 AM1/20/07
ext Matej Urbančič írta:

> I don't use KDE. I use gnome and I don't remember ever setting a
> theme on KDE. I don't even know how to check it :)

About the screenshots: Krusader doesn't paint the background colors.
That's the reason of the bug.

I've tried on GNOME and it worked perfectly.

I suggest, that you are using an old Krusader version (older than 2
days, that's why you cannot see the colors).

Thanks,

Csaba

Matej Urbančič

Jan 20, 2007, 5:34:25 AM1/20/07
to krusade...@googlegroups.com
I compiled it yesterday, but let me try again today! I'll get back to you!

Shie Erlich

Jan 20, 2007, 6:11:16 AM1/20/07
to krusade...@googlegroups.com
hi Csaba,
first, kudos: it basically works ;-)

bug:
1. using quicksearch, type a name of a file you want -> it is focused
2. press ESC
3. cursor is gone, but actually, another item gets focused, which is located left of the  view in a non-visible area

i have no selection problems, running with kde's default color view.

thanks,
shie

Shie Erlich

Jan 20, 2007, 6:18:51 AM1/20/07
to krusade...@googlegroups.com
btw: there is a lot of code duplication. it's actually my fault, since i moved a lot of code up into the KrView, but a lot stayed. i planned to move it, but never did.

no matter. all shall be fixed with Kde 4 ;-)

Matej Urbančič

Jan 20, 2007, 9:19:08 AM1/20/07
to krusade...@googlegroups.com
Csaba...
It works with last cvs :)

Matej

Karai Csaba

Jan 20, 2007, 12:05:46 PM1/20/07
to krusade...@googlegroups.com
I've made a fix.

Quick search changes the size of the window, and because of that the
elements are rearranged in the view. This caused that the focused
element got out of the viewport.

The new fix checks whether the element was visible before resize, and if
yes, then makes the element also visible after resize.

> 3. cursor is gone, but actually, another item gets focused, which is
> located left of the view in a non-visible area

I don't believe, that another item could get the focuse. Please check it
again.

Thanks,

Csaba

Shie Erlich

Jan 20, 2007, 12:52:27 PM1/20/07
to krusade...@googlegroups.com

no... i didn't explain it correctly.
i tried to describe what you said above, regarding the item getting "off screen",
not to say that another one gets the focus.