Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

Václav Jůza

ongelezen,
17 jun 2008, 18:45:3417-06-2008
aan krusade...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I had to work with a Windows box last days, so I tried to get Krusader
compiled there. And after several changes, it succeeded. Of course, it is not
yet much usable (for example crash of Konfigurator, therefore even on the
first start, and much more), but it runs.

I have attached a patch, which makes it compilable there. It still works with
that patch at least on my Linux box. Since it influences several files and
may potentially cause problems on other configurations, I first send it to
this list before committing and will appreciate your feedback.

What problems are solved by the patch:
- some system headers were not found (like sys/stat.h, etc); They are found
in the KDE cmake modules, but the path of those headers alone is put into an
internal variable, but is also part of KDE4_INCLUDES public variable (which
contains all include directories needed to build a KDE4 application); because
of that, I put KDE4_INCLUDES in the include_directories.
- maybe as a result of the previous step, may because of different structure
of header files, the values of some enums (like NORMAL or ERROR in vfs and
expander) started to conflict with some macros from included headers, so that
they didn't compile. I have added a prefix to them so as to avoid it.
- problems with bzero function. First headers, then double definition. Google
told me, that for portability, it is better to use memset instead.
- instances of inline functions (not methods) defined in header files were
created, what caused problem in linking (double definition). I added the
static modifier in order to fix it.
- In system headers, there was only mkdir(newDirs) instead of mkdir( newDirs,
permissions), fortunately KDE has a macro KDE_mkdir, which takes care of all
the ifdefs
- some file mode constants (S_IFLNK, S_IxGRP, S_IxOTH) don't exist on
windows, I add_ed ifdefs
- KIO_EXPORT in preserveattrcopyjob.h - on linux, this macro is empty. On
windows there is dllimport in case of apps using the class from a dll, and
dllexport when building the kio dll itself. Since, none is the case here
AFAIK, I removed it.

A short description, how I was compiling that:
- Installed KDE installer http://winkde.org/pub/kde/ports/win32/installer/
(version 0.9.2). During install, I have chosen developer installation using
mingw and c:\kde4 as the installation directory. For all the necessary
packages (mingw, dbus, qt4, kdelibs, ...) I checked even the developer files
to be installed. Note that some packages are not in any category and on
eneeds to view all to find them.
- created the source directory for krusader and checked out svn
(c:/kde4/src/krusader_kde4)
- created the build directory and cd to it
(c:/kde4/build/krusader_kde4)
- ran cmake (the following should be on one line) in the build directory:
c:\kde4\bin\cmake.exe -G "MinGW Makefiles" c:/kde4/src/krusader_kde4
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=c:/kde4 -DCMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH=c:/kde4/include
-DCMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH=c:/kde4/lib -DKDEWIN_DIR:PATH=c:/kde4
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugful
- if I remember well, there was a strange problem, that in some cmake
modules for qt and kde, there were wrong hardcoded paths to the installation
directory, I had to change them manually. Check that, if the cmake cannot
find some library which is surely installed.
- C:\MinGW\bin\mingw32-make.exe install

Thanks and bye,
Vaclav

krusader-win.diff
krusader-screenshot.jpg

Frank Schoolmeesters

ongelezen,
18 jun 2008, 05:22:3318-06-2008
aan krusade...@googlegroups.com
Great job!

Frank

Shie Erlich

ongelezen,
18 jun 2008, 06:19:2018-06-2008
aan krusade...@googlegroups.com
well... i never thought i'd see the day :-)

---
Shie Erlich

2008/6/18 Frank Schoolmeesters <frank.scho...@gmail.com>:

Rafi Yanai

ongelezen,
18 jun 2008, 06:25:0218-06-2008
aan krusade...@googlegroups.com
Should Ghisler (the creator of Total Commander) be worried ? ;)

Václav Jůza

ongelezen,
18 jun 2008, 07:07:4918-06-2008
aan krusade...@googlegroups.com
Not yet,
but after a few months ... ;-)

2008/6/18, Rafi Yanai <rafi....@gmail.com>:

Csaba Karai

ongelezen,
18 jun 2008, 10:17:5118-06-2008
aan krusader-devel
Yes, it's great.

You can submit your patch if you reach a point when it seems stable.
We can fix the new bugs later. As we don't have a stable Krusader 2
release, we can play with the code, and do as many architectural
modifications as we wish.

The sooner you submit your changes the better as after releasing the
stable Krusader 2, we have to be much more careful to keep Krusader 2
stable.

I think, that it is the best time to start the Windows port.

Thanks,

Csaba

On Jun 18, 1:07 pm, "Václav Jůza" <vaclavj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not yet,
> but after a few months ... ;-)
>
> 2008/6/18, Rafi Yanai <rafi.ya...@gmail.com>:
>

> > Should Ghisler (the creator of Total Commander) be worried ? ;)
>
> >  On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 1:19 PM, Shie Erlich <shie.erl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >  > well... i never thought i'd see the day :-)
>
> >  > ---
> >  > Shie Erlich
>
> >  > 2008/6/18 Frank Schoolmeesters <frank.schoolmeest...@gmail.com>:
>
> >  >> Great job!
>
> >  >> Frank
> >  >> > Vaclav- Hide quoted text -

Václav Jůza

ongelezen,
18 jun 2008, 13:00:1118-06-2008
aan krusade...@googlegroups.com
ok, I have submitted the patch. I think that the patch to make it compilable
is already stable. Of course, there will be necessity of fixes of windows
specific bugs there and there, but they will be most probably local and it
will take time to fix them.

Vaclav

Dne st 18. června 2008 Csaba Karai napsal(a):

Frank Schoolmeesters

ongelezen,
18 jun 2008, 17:43:5718-06-2008
aan krusade...@googlegroups.com