krusader does not compile under KDE 4 Beta3

Heiner

Nov 3, 2007, 5:56:19 PM11/3/07
to krusade...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

The KDE 4 beta 3 did change some header files (beta 4 is not available for
kubuntu at the moment) :-(

Interface stability? Whats that??

As the result, the svn head does not compile. So far I have changed 40(!)
krusader files but the compilation stops at 59%. So there is a lot more to
do.

Questions:
- does anybody else work on this, too?
- should I commit what I have done so far or wait, until everything compiles?

Heiner

Shie Erlich

Nov 4, 2007, 6:38:40 AM11/4/07
to krusade...@googlegroups.com
i'm sorry to say i didn't have time for it in the last 3 weeks,
and csaba was working on it. he's the correct one to ask.

i'm very sorry to hear about interface changes so late in the game.

shie

Heiner

Nov 4, 2007, 4:16:59 PM11/4/07
On Sunday 04 November 2007, Shie Erlich wrote:
> i'm sorry to say i didn't have time for it in the last 3 weeks,
> and csaba was working on it. he's the correct one to ask.
>
> i'm very sorry to hear about interface changes so late in the game.

Hi!

I am through now. The good new is, that krusader compiles again. The bad news
is, that it does not run anymore. Crashes on startup. No time to look for it
now. I have attached the list of changes, but I havn't commited it so far. At
the end of this mail is the svn commit message, I have planned. It shows all
replacements and the code lines, which I had to disable and which have to be
reimplemented.

If no one else is currently working on the kde 4 port, I will wait for the
kde4 beta 4 to show up in kubuntu and test again. Afterwards I will commit,
if krusader runs or not.

Heiner

=============commit message ================

Krusader does not compile on KDE 4 Beta3 anymore

List of changes:

SiImple ones:

Adding #include <kconfiggroup.h> here and there

K3Icon::Small -> KIconLoader::Small
K3Icon::Toolbar -> KIconLoader::Toolbar
K3Icon::Panel -> KIconLoader::Panel
K3Icon::Desktop -> KIconLoader::Desktop
K3Icon::NoGroup -> KIconLoader::NoGroup
K3Icon::SizeLarge -> KIconLoader::SizeLarge

KImageEffect::desaturate -> KIconEffect::desaturate
KImageEffect::toGray -> KIconEffect::toGray

To be verified:

KIO::trash(filesUrls, true ) -> KIO::trash(filesUrls)
KIO::del(filesUrls, false, true ) -> KIO::del(filesUrls)
KIO::del(filesUrls, false, false ) -> KIO::del(filesUrls,
KIO::HideProgressInfo)
KIO::move(fileUrls,dest, true ) -> KIO::move(fileUrls,dest)
KIO::copy( *fileUrls, destUrl, true ) -> KIO::copy( *fileUrls, destUrl )
KIO::link( *fileUrls, destUrl, true ) -> KIO::link( *fileUrls, destUrl )
KIO::copy( src, dest, showProgressInfo ) -> KIO::copy( src, dest,
showProgressInfo?KIO::DefaultFlags:KIO::HideProgressInfo )
KIO::move( src, dest, showProgressInfo ) -> KIO::move( src, dest,
showProgressInfo?KIO::DefaultFlags:KIO::HideProgressInfo )
KIO::link( src, dest, showProgressInfo ) -> KIO::link( src, dest,
showProgressInfo?KIO::DefaultFlags:KIO::HideProgressInfo )
KIO::get( url, false, false ) -> KIO::get( url, KIO::NoReload,
KIO::HideProgressInfo )
KIO::put( writeURL, permissions, true, false, false ) -> KIO::put( writeURL,
permissions, KIO::HideProgressInfo | KIO::Overwrite )
KIO::file_copy(rightURL, destURL, -1, overWrite || task->overWrite(), false,
false ) -> KIO::file_copy(rightURL, destURL, -1, ((overWrite ||
task->overWrite())?KIO::Overwrite:KIO::DefaultFlags) |
KIO::HideProgressInfo )
KIO::symlink( task->rightLink(), destURL, overWrite || task->overWrite(),
false ) -> KIO::symlink( task->rightLink(), destURL, ((overWrite ||
task->overWrite())?KIO::Overwrite:KIO::DefaultFlags) |
KIO::HideProgressInfo )

KArchiveEntry::symlink() -> KArchiveEntry::symLinkTarget()

VFS/virt_vfs.cpp:
Without knowing, whats going on here:
new KConfig("data",VIRT_VFS_DB,KConfig::NoGlobals); -> new
KConfig(VIRT_VFS_DB, KConfig:: CascadeConfig, "data");

Panel/krpopupmenu.cpp:
different KFileItemList (_items) handling

Panel/panelfunc.cpp
same
I guess, KIO::NetAccess::file_move is the same than KIO::NetAccess::move
(which in unfortunately deprecated)

Disabled code (NEED TO BE REWORKED!!)

krusader/GUI/krremoteencodingmenu.cpp:
KConfig::hasKey

DiskUsage/radialMap/widgetEvents.cpp:
KIconEffect::visualActivate

DiskUsage/radialMap/segmentTip.cpp:
KImageEffect::fade

GUI/krremoteencodingmenu.cpp
KConfigGroup( &config, QString() ).deleteEntry(*it);

fulldiff.txt