Issues Building ...

Charlie Robbins

Dec 25, 2010, 6:58:34 PM12/25/10
to kod...@googlegroups.com
All,

I'm sure that I'm early to the party given that the OSS announcement was ~15 min ago, but I've already got this thing going and I'm rather stuck since all this ObjC is rather new to me. I've got a gist of the trace here and I know it's failing on:

deps/libcss/build.sh

Seems like a pkg-config issue which I've dealt with in the past for node, but I'm not sure how to add the library it's asking for to the search path. Let me know what I'm doing wrong here if you get a second.

I've got a separate node install running so I wasn't planning on installing that again for Kod. Not sure if that will be a problem. Also, running against 0.3.1 / 0.3.2 / 0.2.5 for kod?

Cheers,
Charlie

p.s. best ... christmas ... present ... ever

Charlie Robbins

Dec 25, 2010, 6:59:02 PM12/25/10
to kod...@googlegroups.com

Charlie Robbins

Dec 25, 2010, 7:10:05 PM12/25/10
to kod...@googlegroups.com
Ok, some progress here:

1. Added:

# Configure PKG_CONFIG_PATH for building Kod
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/path/to/kod/deps/libcss/libparserutils/:/path/to/kod/deps/libcss/libwapcaplet/:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH

2. Copied the default *.pc.in files to *.pc files because that seemed to be what pkg_config wanted.

Now I'm seeing errors in building libcss, but I can't quite figure out how to either get rid of these warnings or to stop warnings from being treated as errors.

Cheers,
Charlie

Rasmus Andersson

Dec 25, 2010, 7:17:56 PM12/25/10
to kod...@googlegroups.com
Hm, the libcss dep. is setup to be isolated (in case you have other
versions of it's dependencies installed). Also, I think you need to
install it's dependencies system-wide to be able to use pkg-config
(which isn't preferable in this situation).

The idea is that libs are build and put into deps/libcss/lib and used
headers are copied into deps/libcss/include -- all this so that when
building libcss we can set CFLAGS to -Ideps/libcss/include and
-Ldeps/libcss/lib

But maybe I b0rked it somewhere? For the record: I just tested
building here and it "still works" for me :P

--
Rasmus Andersson

Charlie Robbins

Dec 25, 2010, 7:59:38 PM12/25/10
to kod...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the quick response.

Is there a good way to make warnings not be treated as errors? This may be configured globally on your system? The error messages I am seeing are not errors, they are warnings, but treated as errors. I'm not sure what option to set in the build script to disable this behavior. My most recent gist has the output dump:

Any help is appreciated.

Kushal Pisavadia

Dec 25, 2010, 8:00:24 PM12/25/10
to kod...@googlegroups.com
Is there any chance of moving the issue tracking back into GitHub? It will make life a little easier having everything (visible) in one place.

aristidesfl

Dec 25, 2010, 8:44:24 PM12/25/10
to Kod.app
i'm having the same problem charlie has..

Charlie Robbins

Dec 25, 2010, 10:48:53 PM12/25/10
to kod...@googlegroups.com
Ok, more progress, but I'm really just poking in the dark here b/c I don't know jack about these libraries and their dependencies.

So I figured out that it has to do with the Makefile at /deps/libcss/libcss/Makefile. In particular I removed these lines:

and I got past that point in the build process. I'm guessing the -Werror flag makes the compiler treat warnings as errors? I'm still seeing problems here though (new gist): https://gist.github.com/755200

Let me know if anyone gets past this ... would love to have this building so I could play around with the raw source instead of the stable builds.

--Charlie

Cody Krieger

Dec 25, 2010, 11:05:02 PM12/25/10
to Kod.app
Same issue here as well. libcss is the devil.

Cody Krieger

Dec 26, 2010, 1:51:28 AM12/26/10
to Kod.app

Kenneth Reitz

Dec 26, 2010, 1:56:06 AM12/26/10
to kod...@googlegroups.com

Rasmus Andersson

Dec 26, 2010, 4:41:21 AM12/26/10
to kod...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 07:51, Cody Krieger <cody.k...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Posted this on the issue tracker:
> http://hunch.lighthouseapp.com/projects/66522/tickets/95-issue-building-libcss

Discussion to resolve this issue will continue in this ticket.

libcss is messy :(