KoBo Collect 1.2.2 : New Version

Neil Hendrick

Feb 15, 2013, 4:49:57 PM2/15/13
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com
KoBoNauts,

There is a new version of KoBo Collect in the Android Market. KoBo users will want to update their android phones to this version to take advantage of all the functions and fixes therein. If your phone is set for automatic updating, the Android Market will take care if this for you, otherwise, you can update manually in the Application settings of your phone or tablet, or by visiting the KoBo Collect page in the Android Market / Play Store.

This new version is based on the Open Data Kit's most recent ODK Collect, version 1.2.2, and it allows for some nice new features.

  • Admin mode allows Admin to restrict permissions for some users.
  • Group Multiple questions on screen
  • Shortcuts to individual forms
  • New question types supported: Drawing, annotate image, signature.
  • Save points ensure none of your data is lost
  • Cascading Selections and Item-sets.
  • Widget allows shortcuts to specific forms or surveys installed on your device.
  • Build your forms with the KoBoForm at http://www.kobotoolbox.org/koboform/
If you have not tested KoBoCollect, it is recommended that you install it, then try the "Get Blank Form" function to download some test forms from the KoBo Server.

Please feel free to share your questions, thoughts, and certainly any issues with us on the listserve.

Good Luck,

~Team KoBo

gbsut...@gmail.com

Mar 12, 2013, 10:17:44 AM3/12/13
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com
Dear group,

I am trying KoBo Collect on 2 mobile devices and am stuck at getting it to download.  I get 'error 921' on the Sony Xperia.  This happened repeatedly on the HTC wildfire but  after taking the battery out  I was able to install it, but unable to open it.  I get the message 'Kobo collect as stopped'.  Heading out into the field soon and would like to test everything first.  Are there new minimum reqs for the system and the new version KoBo Collect?

thanks,
Gwyneth