Creating tiles for ImagePyramids

HaysRockDoc

Sep 27, 2007, 11:52:59 PM9/27/07
to KML Developer Support - Third Party Applications
Can anyone recommend third party applications (preferably free/low
cost) or Photoshop workflows that will cut up high resolution
('gigapixel') photos into tiles and place these in the pyramid
directory structure that GE uses for the PhotoOverlay > ImagePyramid
element?

ManoM

Oct 8, 2007, 4:27:08 PM10/8/07
to KML Developer Support - Third Party Applications
Hi HaysRockDoc,

To my knowledge, there's no application that does that yet. Sounds
like a good niche to fill.

ManoM

barryhunter [KML Guru]

Oct 9, 2007, 6:33:31 PM10/9/07
to KML Developer Support - Third Party Applications
Let gigapan.org do the hard work for you, by uploading the image
there ;)

HaysRockDoc

Oct 25, 2007, 4:04:16 PM10/25/07
to KML Developer Support - Third Party Applications
Bingo!!! Digital Urban just released exactly what I was looking for:
http://digitalurban.blogspot.com/2007/10/google-earth-photooverlay-download-and_25.html

P.S. Thanks for the heads up about GigaPan, Barry. It's a nice
service and I'm going to continue using them, but I really wanted the
ability to host the data myself, and Digital Urban's freeware does
that in a way that GigaPan does not.

barryhunter [KML Guru]

Oct 26, 2007, 12:21:11 PM10/26/07
to KML Developer Support - Third Party Applications
Funny enough I was just coming here to post about that!

(haven't tried it yet, but it looks perfect!)