Projection system?, Spheroid?, Datum?

farka110

Apr 1, 2008, 3:00:54 PM4/1/08
to KML Developer Support - Getting Started with KML
Dear KLM Developer group, thank you for very useful and free tool.
I am student, and I am doing my project work now. I use Google Earth
as very useful database.
My questions are:
1. Which projection system is used in Google Earth?
2. Which spheroid is used in Google Earth?
3. What is the datum(for example: AGL, ASL, etc.) in Google Earth?

mwill

Apr 2, 2008, 12:54:56 AM4/2/08
to KML Developer Support - Getting Started with KML

This isn't quite a KML question as more a server/client question.
However, here is a link that I think answers all of your questons:

http://earth.google.com/userguide/v4/ug_importdata.html

Start at the section titled "A Note About Projections and Datums."

mwill