Permaculture Map

henryomad

Apr 5, 2010, 3:43:01 PM4/5/10
to KML Developer Support - Getting Started with KML
Hi, I just started a permaculture map layer, using the Spreadsheet
Mapper. The purpose is to map permaculture sites so that people can
see what's going on in their area or an area they are visiting. Or
just to browse the wide variety of amazing projects that are springing
up everywhere.

They will all be sites who welcome visitors in some capacity. I have
only added a few so far, enough to work with to develop the idea. I
can see that there is enormous potential for this to be an interesting
and useful layer, so I'm looking for collaborators whose knowledge of
it all is greater than mine (which is pretty basic).

I need to work out things like how to do custom placemarks and other
stuff talked about in the Outreach section (e.g.
http://earth.google.com/outreach/tutorial_user_experience.html ) using
the Spreadsheet Mapper, or some other method that will keep everything
efficient.

see http://www.permaculturemap.com/

It would be great to hear from anyone into permaculture promotion who
would like to make this into an "Immersive User Experience". There's
no commercial angle. It's just to help promote permaculture.

If this is the wrong place to ask, or you know of other or better
places to ask, please tell me!

Thanks,

Andy