KFASEA: Icon design useful for upcoming publicity

maymay

Jan 23, 2011, 9:20:29 PM1/23/11
to kinkf...@googlegroups.com
Hi Seattle,

Over the weekend I was able to work with my father, a talented graphic designer, in order to very quickly whip up an icon design for KinkForAll Seattle. Attached is the outcome of our work in an interoperable format (.svg, which you can open using Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape, or even a modern web browser) as well as preview-able PNG images. I hope we will find these useful for any upcoming publicity efforts. I feel these would make great flyers, stickers, and so on.

1) KFASEA Large Flame:

kfasea-large-flame.png
kfasea-wide.png
kfasea-tall.png
kfasea-large-flame.svg
kfasea-tall.svg
kfasea-wide.svg

Mai Li

Jan 23, 2011, 9:34:58 PM1/23/11
to KinkForAll
These look great! Tho the 2nd is certianly my favorite.

Out of curiosity, why orange and blue? It seem like the blue is
thematic-- is every city a different color?

Thanks for doing this!

~M
>  kfasea-large-flame.png
> 56KViewDownload
>

> 2) KFASEA Wide:
>
>  kfasea-wide.png
> 33KViewDownload
>

> 3) KFASEA Tall:
>
>  kfasea-tall.png
> 48KViewDownload
>

> The source files are all uploaded to the KinkForAll Google Site under the "KinkForAll Seattle" folder,[0] so you can remix and modify at your whim. Enjoy!
>
> Cheers,
> -maymay
> Blog:http://maybemaimed.com
> Talk show:http://KinkOnTap.com
> Community:http://KinkForAll.org
>
> EXTERNAL REFERENCES:
>
> [0]https://sites.google.com/site/kinkforall/files
>
>  kfasea-large-flame.svg
> 6KViewDownload
>
>  kfasea-tall.svg
> 6KViewDownload
>
>  kfasea-wide.svg
> 5KViewDownload

maymay

Jan 23, 2011, 9:45:27 PM1/23/11
to kinkf...@googlegroups.com
On Jan 23, 2011, at 6:34 PM, Mai Li wrote:

> These look great! Tho the 2nd is certianly my favorite.

I think that's the cleanest one, too. On the other hand, some configurations are better than others for different purposes. Flyer versus bumper sticker, for instance. I think these options gives us a range of compositions to choose from, based on what you're making. Of course, you can also always remix it into something new if you need a different shape. :)

> Out of curiosity, why orange and blue? It seem like the blue is
> thematic-- is every city a different color?

Yeah, the blue-and-white is thematic for KinkForAll itself. I can get artsy-fartsy here but the short version is that blue is often associated with calm and water (it's a "cool" color), whereas the flame is typically a sign of energy and, of course, fire. Melding the two is emblematic of KinkForAll's point: connecting ostensibly disparate pieces of our lives into a harmonious whole. The flame-in-flame reinforces this idea by signaling recursion, embodying the idea that there are meta-layers of understanding, too.

> Thanks for doing this!
>
> ~M

My pleasure. :) Most of the credit belongs to my father. He also made the KFANYC icons.[0] I'm sure you'll note the similarity.

[0] http://groups.google.com/group/kinkforall/browse_thread/thread/8939730346574c67