command line support for KIF for running tests on real device

Teja

Sep 1, 2011, 8:03:19 PM9/1/11
to KIF iOS Automated Testing Framework
Hi, I am using KIF to test my application. I want to start my tests
from command line, I looked into the tool WaxSim, looks like it's for
running the tests on a simulator. But is there a way to use KIF tests
in continous Integration with the real device. It would be helpful if
I can invoke the tests from command line which run in a real device. I
know it is possible to do this with apple UI automation on ios5 beta
version, but let me know if there is a way to do this in ios4. Your
help will be much appreciated.

-Teja

Jim Puls

Sep 1, 2011, 8:07:01 PM9/1/11
to kif-fr...@googlegroups.com
Right now, no, there isn't. Are there any particular device-only needs you have, or is it just on general principle? We're looking in to a way of doing device tests in CI, but it's a tough nut to crack. All of the frameworks for controlling devices are private.

-> jp

Teja

Sep 6, 2011, 5:53:25 PM9/6/11
to KIF iOS Automated Testing Framework
Thanks Jim, I want to invoke the tests on one particular ipad. Let me
know if there is a way to do that