Oct. 12-14: FWSO Star Wars Concert

Rachel, Stormtrooper Princess

Sep 8, 2007, 10:37:52 PM9/8/07
to kesse...@googlegroups.com

The Ft. Worth Symphony Orchestra is doing a John Williams concert in October, and we are invited to take part. The second half will be entirely Star Wars selections, which is where we come in. Aside from posing for pictures & signing autographs before, after, and during intermission, the FWSO would like to recreate scenes that correspond with the music being played. They're still working on a script, and a list of specific characters they want on stage. Will let everyone know as soon as I do what they want.

Dates to mark on the calendar:

Thursday, October 11, 2007
Time TBA, Staging rehearsal without orchestra (Bass Performance Hall)

Friday, October 12, 2007
2:00p-4:30p Dress rehearsal with orchestra (Bass Performance Hall)
8:00p Performance (Bass Performance Hall)

Saturday, October 13, 2007
8:00p Performance (Bass Performance Hall)

Sunday, October 14, 2007
2:00p Performance (Bass Performance Hall)

And of course, the weekend after this is the next Sci-Fi Expo. Busy month!

Rachel

Lesa Williams

Sep 9, 2007, 1:37:00 PM9/9/07
to kesse...@googlegroups.com
Since Ceremonial Leia is FINALLY DONE, let me know if she is needed. ;) Lesa

stormtroop...@gmail.com

Sep 19, 2007, 1:41:31 PM9/19/07
to Kessel Base
CHARACTERS NEEDED
Here is the list of characters the symphony would like to have on
stage. This isn't excluding anyone else from coming---they want as
many people as possible for the lobby mingling sessions---but these
are what they need on stage for their script.

Anakin Skywalker
Luke Skywalker
Padme
Princess Leia
Qui-Gon
Obi-wan
Yoda (anyone small enough?)
Chewbacca
C3PO (if costume exists?)
R2D2 (more prop than costume I suspect)

If more than one person wants a specific character, we have a few
options. The symphony doesn't mind having more than one of a character
for before, intermission, and afterwards. For the on-stage part,
however, they want just one person (ease of blocking, etc). We can
either draw names for the part, or, since there are three concerts
that weekend, people can take turns.

TICKET INFORMATION
We will be able to get discounted tickets for family/friends. I need
to know how many tickets you'll need, and which performance, so that
they can set them aside for us.

The schedule is posted below as a reminder.

Rachel

SCHEDULE REMINDER

Michael Koenig

Sep 19, 2007, 3:33:13 PM9/19/07
to kesse...@googlegroups.com
Mark Vaugn's wife did a pregant Padme at the concerts in the garden a 2 years ago. She looked pretty good. Mark is in the Star Garrison of the 501st.

Lindy Harisis

Sep 20, 2007, 12:43:59 PM9/20/07
to kesse...@googlegroups.com

I will be there every night in Leia and whatever I can be a part of is great.

Thanks!
   Lindy

Michael Koenig

Sep 20, 2007, 12:50:39 PM9/20/07
to kesse...@googlegroups.com
Do we have a Mace Windu? Is James available?

jedima...@aol.com

Sep 20, 2007, 12:51:13 PM9/20/07
to kesse...@googlegroups.com
Well uhm... just count me in as a pilot. *sigh*  I love it when Im not a face character lol

Sep 20, 2007, 12:52:32 PM9/20/07
to kesse...@googlegroups.com
we can talk to him and see... hopefully he can

Tony Perez

Sep 20, 2007, 1:28:52 PM9/20/07
to kesse...@googlegroups.com
James' job takes him out of town frequently, but certainly worth asking him.

James Matlock

Sep 20, 2007, 5:37:57 PM9/20/07
to kesse...@googlegroups.com
Yes, my job does take me out of town frequently.  If I am not working out of town that week, I would like to be a part of this concert and symphony.

Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 10:28:52 -0700
From: tper...@yahoo.com

> </HTML

jedima...@aol.com

Sep 20, 2007, 6:47:22 PM9/20/07
to kesse...@googlegroups.com
JAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *pounces*  you better be there!! :) I need a hug from Mace! ;)

Sep 24, 2007, 7:06:19 PM9/24/07
to kesse...@googlegroups.com
Well, there are three concerts. We can either each be on stage one day, or have just one person on stage all three days. Lindy, any opinion?

Rachel

Lesa Williams

Sep 25, 2007, 3:38:16 PM9/25/07
to kesse...@googlegroups.com
I'm OK with not being on stage, since my time to rehearse is limited. Unless there is a specific need for a Ceremonial Leia, I'll leave the stage fun to you two. :) Lesa
-------------

Lindy Harisis

Sep 26, 2007, 8:33:53 AM9/26/07
to kesse...@googlegroups.com

Anything is fine with me. Are you going to be Padme at all during this event?

Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 17:06:19 -0600

From: stormtroop...@gmail.com
To: kesse...@googlegroups.com

Rachel, Stormtrooper Princess

Sep 26, 2007, 4:18:10 PM9/26/07
to kesse...@googlegroups.com
I wasn't planning on it. Between work and another project, I doubt I'll have the time to make a new Padme costume. (Previous one is going to a friend back in Alabama.)

Rachel

stormtroop...@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2007, 5:11:18 PM9/28/07
to Kessel Base
Matt (our FWSO contact) would like to have a dress rehearsal at 9am
that Friday, Oct. 12. Will anyone be able to make that? He's willing
to reschedule if needs be.

So far, this is the list I have:
Rachel (Leia)
Lindy (Leia)
Kristi (Jedi)
James (Mace Windu, tentative)
Lesa (Ceremonial Leia)
Guy (Jedi or biker scout)

Rachel

Lesa Williams

Sep 28, 2007, 5:31:51 PM9/28/07
to kesse...@googlegroups.com
I'm not available during normal work hours. I'm about out of PTOs. Lesa

Lindy Harisis

Sep 28, 2007, 7:34:00 PM9/28/07
to kesse...@googlegroups.com

I can make it. The museum is wonderful about letting people work around things they have planned.

> From: stormtroop...@gmail.com
> To: kesse...@googlegroups.com
> Subject: [Kessel Base] Re: Oct. 12-14: FWSO Star Wars Concert-----COSTUME LIST & TICKET INF

jedima...@aol.com

Sep 30, 2007, 12:34:46 AM9/30/07
to kesse...@googlegroups.com
9am? gah I'll try... I need to see if I can get that day off... and uhm jedi? thought I was pilot?
*confused*

Sep 30, 2007, 11:25:36 PM9/30/07
to kesse...@googlegroups.com

Rachel,
Either myself or my husband can be there all three nights, with probably both of us on Friday.  We both have jedi costumes (his membership is pending).  Is the rehearsal on Friday morning only for the face characters who will be on stage?  I couldn't make it, but Tim might be able to .

Laurie

stormtroop...@gmail.com

Oct 3, 2007, 3:41:02 PM10/3/07
to Kessel Base
One more update: The blocking rehearsal will more than likely NOT be
Friday morning. Matt's looking for a place for Thursday evening.

Rachel

Michael Koenig

Oct 8, 2007, 10:32:51 AM10/8/07
to Kessel Base
I see we have Leia pretty much covered. I have a friend who would love
to be part of this event as Leia or Padme but she does not yet have a
costume. Does anyone have one she might borrow for this? Maybe a
slave Leia or Padme since we don't have that covered yet. I know she
is looking to buy a costume as well if anyone is interested in selling
one.

Michael

stormtroop...@gmail.com

Oct 8, 2007, 4:20:34 PM10/8/07
to Kessel Base
What's her size?

Rachel

stormtroop...@gmail.com

Oct 8, 2007, 4:22:11 PM10/8/07
to Kessel Base
So far, Lesa and Guy need tickets for Sunday's performance. Anyone
else?

>From the ticket office: "You will save 3 to 4 dollars per ticket if
you purchase at least 10 for Friday and you also save on handling
fees. Hope this helps!"

Rachel

Michael Koenig

Oct 8, 2007, 4:33:14 PM10/8/07
to kesse...@googlegroups.com
I am waiting a response on that. She is a college student and pretty thin. similar to your build Rachel but I don't know size yet.

"stormtroop...@gmail.com" <stormtroop...@gmail.com> wrote:

What's her size?

Rachel

Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

Guy W. Thomas

Oct 8, 2007, 5:53:45 PM10/8/07
to kesse...@googlegroups.com
Hey Rachel,
So basically, it looks like we will be paying full price? Where will we need
to pay for these? At the box office on the day of the performance?

Also, since I plan on being there for Friday and Saturday also, does that
mean I will have to buy tickets for myself, even if I am working the floor?

Let me know, thanks,

Guy

James McMillen

Oct 8, 2007, 6:27:40 PM10/8/07
to kesse...@googlegroups.com
I can't help with a Padme or Slave Leia, but if she is Princess Leia sized I have an ANH 'white dress' Leia costume I was going to put up on Ebay.

Lesa Williams

Oct 8, 2007, 10:36:39 PM10/8/07
to kesse...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I have the same question, are the tickets required if you are in costume or just for a guest. I need to clarify that before I commit. Thanks, Lesa

jedima...@aol.com

Oct 9, 2007, 4:54:02 PM10/9/07
to kesse...@googlegroups.com
I still need tickets to saturday and sunday... sorry just got this... stupid work and stupid computer didnt like working..

Oct 10, 2007, 4:53:31 PM10/10/07
to kesse...@googlegroups.com
Terry has to work on Sunday, so we can't come. I'm in version release at work and may have to work this weekend too. Sorry! Though, I think Leia is covered. We'll see you all at the Plano Center the weekend of the 20th. Lesa