PwC to recruit 3,500 in India in 3-4 years

1 view

B. Karthick

Jun 24, 2009, 1:25:22 AM6/24/09
to Kences1
Indian arm of the global consultancy firm PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
will hire 3,500 people in the next three-four years.

"We currently have 6,500 people working for PwC in India and we
envisage that this could grow to 10,000 over the next three to four
years as the Indian economy continues to grow strongly," Dennis Nally,
PricewaterhouseCoopers International Chairman designate said.

Nally, who is visiting the country after being elected as Chairman of
PricewaterhouseCoopers International Network, said India "is a very
important strategic market for the global consultancy firm and will
become increasingly important for it and international clients over
the next few years."

Nally also met the four-member Advisory Board which was formed by its
Indian outfit to refurbish its image following involvement of two of
its partners in the multi-crore Satyam accounting fraud.

"I... Updated him on the works that the PwC advisory board is focusing
on and the progress we have made in our discussion on quality,
governance and ethics," said former Cabinet Secretary Naresh Chandra,
who is heading the advisory board.

The members of the high-profiled board are former Comptroller and
Auditor V K Shanglu, former Chief Election Commissioner B B Tandon and
senior partner of PwC's Singapore arm Gautam Banerjee.