Credit Suisse maintains Sensex 2008-end target at 13000

1 view

K.Karthik Raja

Jun 9, 2008, 3:45:39 AM6/9/08
to Kences1
Credit Suisse maintains Sensex 2008-end target at 13000
Monday, Jun 9

MUMBAI - Credit Suisse has maintained its negative view on the
Indian share market, and expects Bombay Stock Exchange's 30-share
Sensex to touch 13000 by December-end.
"We maintain our negative view and expect market to fall further
to 13000 as the market is not fully pricing the lower earnings growth
going forward.
Rise in oil prices is complicating everything for us," Nilesh Jasani,
head of
research - Asia Pacific, Credit Suisse, said today.
He expects Indian companies' earnings growth to be flat or in
single
digit going ahead.
The Indian currency is likely to touch 41-42 rupees per $1 by
March-end,
Jasani said, adding inflation might touch 9-9.5% by August-end.
India's headline inflation rate rose to a 45-month-high of 8.24%
in the
week ended May 24 from 8.10% a week earlier.