Kansas City Java Users Group

Scott

Jan 25, 2012, 10:53:13 AM1/25/12
to KCJava
I have enjoyed attending monthly meetings of the Kansas City Java
Users Group. I have not received a meeting notice in several months.
Have I been dropped from a list or has the group not been meeting?
Thank you in advance. Scott Umphrey.

Troy Landers

Jan 27, 2012, 11:51:08 AM1/27/12
to kcj...@googlegroups.com
Scott,

KCJava hasn't had a meeting since late last year when the last president
resigned. For several months he tried to find a volunteer to take his place,
but no one stepped forward. I enjoyed the meetings too, but without a leader
(or leaders) to organize the meetings they aren't going to happen.

Troy

Jared Fordham

Jan 27, 2012, 1:01:49 PM1/27/12
to KCJava
IMO, it's not a terrible thing to be leaderless... Let's stew for a
while and see what emerges... don't loose faith, just sit back and
relax...

Another user group that I believe is reasonably active is the .NET
user group. http://kcdnug.com/

It doesn't have the same flavor as mixing java and groovy, but we
certainly have more civil discussions than the donkeys and elephants
in the US Congress... Anyone attend both user groups? Have any
thoughts/opinions on combining forces?

Luke Patterson

Jan 27, 2012, 2:01:10 PM1/27/12
to kcj...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 12:01 PM, Jared Fordham <jared_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
... but we
certainly have more civil discussions than the donkeys and elephants
in the US Congress...  ...  Have any
thoughts/opinions on combining forces?

I think it would be pretty civil until someone makes a bad "language of prosperity" joke. [1]

It looks like KCDNUG meets on Tuesdays, instead of Wednesdays as KCJava did.  Since "they" have more gravity than "us", it might make more sense to revolve around their schedule somehow.

Does anyone have experience with Java/.NET integration?  Would make for a great icebreaker meeting.

luke w patterson

Feb 18, 2012, 12:35:26 PM2/18/12
to KCJava
On Jan 27, 12:01 pm, Jared Fordham <jared_ford...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Let's stew for a while and see what emerges...  don't loose faith, just sit back and
> relax...

In preparation for a possible run at this, I have been blog-touring my
way around other KC user groups. If you want to see how the research
is going, google "lukewpatterson kc user group tour".

I think some good ideas will emerge from the tour. Speaking of good
ideas, we should probably snag some help from the Aussies:
http://www.atlassian.com/company/community/sponsorship

Jared Fordham

Feb 19, 2012, 11:51:55 AM2/19/12
to KCJava
Great write ups, there's plenty of good info and insight in them.
Looking forward to the next episodes.

On Feb 18, 11:35 am, luke w patterson <lukewpatter...@gmail.com>