name conflict

Karel Volný

May 24, 2010, 4:59:27 PM5/24/10
to kaya-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

regarding my experiments with Kaya in Fedora ... I've found there already
exists a package of the same name which contains Kaya programming language -
http://kayalang.org/

Is there any preferred name to work around the conflict? - something like
"kaya-KDE-board-game-suite", as the title on the homepage, seems to me a bit
long (and strange :)

K.

Paolo Capriotti

May 25, 2010, 4:51:13 AM5/25/10
to kaya-...@googlegroups.com
2010/5/24 Karel Volný <ka...@seznam.cz>:

> Hi,
>
> regarding my experiments with Kaya in Fedora ... I've found there already
> exists a package of the same name which contains Kaya programming language -
> http://kayalang.org/
>
> Is there any preferred name to work around the conflict? - something like
> "kaya-KDE-board-game-suite", as the title on the homepage, seems to me a bit
> long (and strange :)

I think kaya-board is fine. That's already the name of the debian package.

Paolo

Karel Volný

May 25, 2010, 5:03:36 AM5/25/10
to kaya-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

> > regarding my experiments with Kaya in Fedora ... I've found there already
> > exists a package of the same name which contains Kaya programming
> > language - http://kayalang.org/
> >
> > Is there any preferred name to work around the conflict? - something like
> > "kaya-KDE-board-game-suite", as the title on the homepage, seems to me a
> > bit long (and strange :)
>
> I think kaya-board is fine.

thanks

> That's already the name of the debian package.

I've tried already, but
http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=kaya&searchon=names&suite=stable&section=all
does not show that?

K.

Paolo Capriotti

May 25, 2010, 5:14:54 AM5/25/10
to kaya-...@googlegroups.com
I think 0.2 hasn't been packaged. I found this, though:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=547593.

Paolo