Running Karaka with openfire

Samba

Jul 15, 2009, 2:20:12 AM7/15/09
to Karaka Discuss
Hi,

I have installed "Karaka" and "Openfire" successfully in my Debian
machine and below are the some useful information.

1. Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 \n \l
2. Openfire running at http://213.152.241.XXX:9090
3. Host name: test123

Please help me to configure karaka-api.conf, karaka-master.conf,
karaka-register.conf, karaka-slave.conf

Also what i have to configure at open fire to start Skype chat.

Regards,
Samba

_gm

Jul 15, 2009, 3:49:51 AM7/15/09
to Karaka Discuss
Samba,
i have written a rough karaka installation procedure

install following packages using apt.

mysql-server
ssh
python-all
python-json
python-simplejson
python-ctypes
python-crypto
python-pyasn1
python-mysqldb
python-pyxmpp
xvfb
screen
sun-java5-jre
subversion
patch

download following packages in /usr/local/src directory:

Skype4Py: wget http://nchc.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/skype4py/Skype4Py-1.0.31.0.tar.gz
Openfire: wget http://www.igniterealtime.org/downloadServlet?filename=openfire/openfire_3.6.4_all.deb
SkypeIM: wget http://download.skype.com/linux/skype-debian_2.0.0.72-1_i386.deb
Karaka: svn checkout http://karaka.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ karaka

copy karaka code to /opt/karaka/
copy /opt/karaka/conf/karaka-* to /etc
copy /opt/karaka/bin/karaka-* /etc/init.d/

edit karaka configurations as required. (/etc/karaka-*.conf)

extract Skype4Py, copy Skype4Py-karaka.diff from /opt/karaka/deps/ to
Skype4Py directory and run following command.
#patch -p1<Skype4Py-karaka.diff
now build Skype4Py: python setup.py install
install skype client: dpkg -i skype-debian_2.0.0.72-1_i386.deb
install openfire: dpkg -i openfire_3.6.4_all.deb

skype client installation will fail with dependency checks: run "apt-
get -f install" to fix the dependency problem

you would also need to edit /etc/init.d/karaka-* scripts and remove
"sudo" thing if you don't want to use it. you also might need to fix
the Controller path in init.d scripts if you are not using default
path i.e. /opt/karaka/trunk/. in my case i am using /opt/karaka/

create three users in openfire: slave01, dialback, register
go to server settings and in External Components setting provide a
secret(secret should match the one you provided in skype-master.conf)
and Allow any component to connnect.

p.s make sure domain name you specify in openfire/karaka resolves to
your local machine i.e. test123

On Jul 15, 12:20 pm, Samba <soumyaii...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed "Karaka" and "Openfire" successfully in my Debian
> machine and below are the some useful information.
>
> 1. Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 \n \l
> 2. Openfire running athttp://213.152.241.XXX:9090

_gm

Jul 15, 2009, 3:57:07 AM7/15/09
to Karaka Discuss
few packages i forgot to mention.

xfonts-base
libx11-6

also before building Skype4Py, open Skype4Py/API/posix_x11.py and
replace libpath = find_library('X11') with libpath='/usr/lib/libX11.so.
6.2.0',
verify libx11 path by running "dpkg -L libx11-6 | grep libX11"

Regards,
-gm

On Jul 15, 1:49 pm, _gm <mustafa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Samba,
> i have written a rough karaka installation procedure
>
> install following packages using apt.
>
> mysql-server
> ssh
> python-all
> python-json
> python-simplejson
> python-ctypes
> python-crypto
> python-pyasn1
> python-mysqldb
> python-pyxmpp
> xvfb
> screen
> sun-java5-jre
> subversion
> patch
>
> download following packages in /usr/local/src directory:
>
> Skype4Py: wgethttp://nchc.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/skype4py/Skype4Py-1.0.31.0...
> Openfire: wgethttp://www.igniterealtime.org/downloadServlet?filename=openfire/openf...
> SkypeIM:  wgethttp://download.skype.com/linux/skype-debian_2.0.0.72-1_i386.deb
> Karaka:   svn checkouthttp://karaka.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/karaka

Soumyadipta De

Jul 15, 2009, 6:15:54 AM7/15/09
to karaka-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your detailed suggestions.

  1. I have installed Openfire/ Skype IM and Skype4Py in my debian system
  2. I have also created three users ate openfire Users/Groups as suggested
  3. I made all the chnages to karaka conf files and scripts.
  4. Next i started karaka-slave from /etc/init.d/ as ./karaka-slave restart 'slave01' and I got message "Restarting KarakaSlave: karaka-slave01."
Questions:
  1. What should be my next step?
  2. How do i know that openfire and karaka are linked together?
  3. What steps i should follow to connect to my skype account using karaka and openfire?
  4. Do i need a XMPP client like PSI or Piding and there which XMPP/Openfire user i have to use?

Again thanks a lot for you great practical help.

Regards,
Samba

Ghulam Mustafa

Jul 15, 2009, 6:24:06 AM7/15/09
to karaka-...@googlegroups.com
Soumyadipta De wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks a lot for your detailed suggestions.
>
> 1. I have installed Openfire/ Skype IM and Skype4Py
> <http://nchc.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/skype4py/Skype4Py-1.0.31.0.tar.gz>
> in my debian system
> 2. I have also created three users ate openfire Users/Groups as
> suggested
> 3. I made all the chnages to karaka conf files and scripts.
> 4. Next i started karaka-slave from /etc/init.d/ as ./karaka-slave
> restart 'slave01' and I got message "Restarting KarakaSlave:
> karaka-slave01."

run screen -r to see if all instances are successfully started and
running you can connect with a screen instance with screen -r
"instance_pid",

each master/slave and register console is running in a separate screen
session, issuing "status" in each console should return "CONNECTED" if
nothing goes wrong,

if you don't see any screen session then you might need to try running
master.py manually and see what it returns.

> _Questions:_
>
> 1. What should be my next step?

create a normal jabber account, and add user register into it's contact
list. register is a "bot"

> 1. How do i know that openfire and karaka are linked together?

master.py registers itself as a external component in openfire, go to
openfire web console, click on session and then see external component
sessions. if karaka is configured properly then you ll see two external
components skype and skypemuc.

> 1. What steps i should follow to connect to my skype account using
> karaka and openfire?

send following message to user "register" connect your skype account
with your jabber account:

register skypeuser skypepassword

> 1. Do i need a XMPP client like PSI or Piding and there which
> XMPP/Openfire user i have to use?

yes you can use pidgin or any other client that support jabber/xmpp.

Soumyadipta De

Jul 15, 2009, 6:31:04 AM7/15/09
to karaka-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Yes nothing running and working and i have tried running master.py but it fails and displays an error.

zenon173:/opt/karaka# ./master.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./master.py", line 27, in ?
    from pyxmpp.all import Iq
ImportError: No module named pyxmpp.all

zenon173:/opt/karaka# ls
bin  conf  deps  karaka  LICENSE  master.py  README  register.py  skype-debian_2.0.0.72-1_i386.deb  slave.py
zenon173:/opt/karaka#

Regards,
Samba

Ghulam Mustafa

Jul 15, 2009, 6:32:09 AM7/15/09
to karaka-...@googlegroups.com
Soumyadipta De wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yes nothing running and working and i have tried running master.py but
> it fails and displays an error.

Okay, apt-get -y --force-yes install python-pyxmpp
:)
> zenon173:/opt/karaka# ./master.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "./master.py", line 27, in ?
> from pyxmpp.all import Iq
> ImportError: No module named pyxmpp.all

> zenon173:/opt/karaka# ls
> bin conf deps karaka LICENSE master.py README register.py
> skype-debian_2.0.0.72-1_i386.deb slave.py
> zenon173:/opt/karaka#
>
> Regards,
> Samba
>

> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 11:24 AM, Ghulam Mustafa <mustafa.pk
> > <mailto:soumyaii...@gmail.com

Soumyadipta De

Jul 15, 2009, 6:38:57 AM7/15/09
to karaka-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Now all the python packages are installed in my system and when i try to run master.py i got this message below.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

zenon173:/opt/karaka# ./master.py
Karaka version 1.0, Copyright (C) 2009-2009 Vipadia Limited

Karaka comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type 'warranty'.
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain conditions; type 'copying' for details.  Visit
<http://vipadia.com/products/karaka.html> for further details.

Karaka Master Controller

Exception in thread Master:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "threading.py", line 442, in __bootstrap
    self.run()
  File "threading.py", line 422, in run
    self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
  File "./master.py", line 85, in master_keepalive
    Master = chat.Master(config)
  File "/opt/karaka/karaka/chat.py", line 74, in __init__
    self.regdb = DatabaseAPI()
  File "/opt/karaka/karaka/api/api.py", line 72, in __init__
    self.config.sql_database)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/MySQLdb/__init__.py", line 75, in Connect
    return Connection(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/MySQLdb/connections.py", line 164, in __init__
    super(Connection, self).__init__(*args, **kwargs2)
OperationalError: (1045, "Access denied for user 'karaka'@'localhost' (using password: YES)")

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks a lot,
Samba

Ghulam Mustafa

Jul 15, 2009, 6:43:47 AM7/15/09
to karaka-...@googlegroups.com
Soumyadipta De wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Now all the python packages are installed in my system and when i try
> to run master.py i got this message below.
>
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

karaka is trying to connect with mysql database, but couldn't auth with
mysql database,

1. you need to create karaka database by running.
mysql < /opt/karaka/karaka/api/createdb.sql

2. create a karaka user in mysql; goto mysql console and type:
GRANT ALL ON karaka.* to 'karaka'@'localhost' identified by 'karaka';

FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

now go back to karaka-api.conf and karaka-register.conf in /etc and
verify mysql user/pass, database and hostname settings.
> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 11:32 AM, Ghulam Mustafa <mustafa.pk
> <http://mustafa.pk>@gmail.com <http://gmail.com>> wrote:
>

> Soumyadipta De wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Yes nothing running and working and i have tried running
> master.py but
> > it fails and displays an error.
> >
> Okay, apt-get -y --force-yes install python-pyxmpp
> :)
> > zenon173:/opt/karaka# ./master.py
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> > File "./master.py", line 27, in ?
> > from pyxmpp.all import Iq
> > ImportError: No module named pyxmpp.all

> > zenon173:/opt/karaka# ls
> > bin conf deps karaka LICENSE master.py README register.py
> > skype-debian_2.0.0.72-1_i386.deb slave.py
> > zenon173:/opt/karaka#

> > Regards,
> > Samba
> >

> > On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 11:24 AM, Ghulam Mustafa <mustafa.pk
> <http://mustafa.pk>

Soumyadipta De

Jul 15, 2009, 6:48:04 AM7/15/09
to karaka-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is there a option to not use any database by default. I mean i don't want to use any database now and do it later.

Also now i can see one session/Component sessions, Skypemuc.

Regards,
Samba

Thanks,
Samba

Ghulam Mustafa

Jul 15, 2009, 6:49:24 AM7/15/09
to karaka-...@googlegroups.com
Soumyadipta De wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a option to not use any database by default. I mean i don't
> want to use any database now and do it later.
NO --

> Also now i can see one session/Component sessions, Skypemuc.
>
> Regards,
> Samba
>
> Thanks,
> Samba
>
> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 11:43 AM, Ghulam Mustafa <mustafa.pk

Soumyadipta De

Jul 15, 2009, 7:04:30 AM7/15/09
to karaka-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Suppose my server hostname is test123 then i have changed /etc/karaka-register.conf as below

[mysql]
server=localhost
database=karaka
user=karaka
password=karaka

[register]
register=register
secret=test1
port=5222
server=server.test123
domain=test123
master=skype.test123

1. Is the above settings correct?
2. Is the secret name is the same as configured in openfire "External Component Settings"?
3.Do i need to do anything into the karaka database?

Regards,
Samba

Soumyadipta De

Jul 15, 2009, 7:06:04 AM7/15/09
to karaka-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

After all this changes i got the karaka master screen as below and is that correct?

zenon173:/opt/karaka# ./master.py
Karaka version 1.0, Copyright (C) 2009-2009 Vipadia Limited

Karaka comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type 'warranty'.
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain conditions; type 'copying' for details.  Visit
<http://vipadia.com/products/karaka.html> for further details.

Karaka Master Controller>

Regards,
Samba

Soumyadipta De

Jul 15, 2009, 7:09:53 AM7/15/09
to karaka-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I see this in openfire session settings page , menas both the components skype and skypemuc

Domain Name Category Type Creation Date Last Activity Close Connection
1 skype.test123 Vipadia Ltd Skype Gateway gateway
skype
12:05 PM 12:06 PM
2 skypemuc.test123   Vipadia Ltd Skype Muc Gateway x-service
x-unknown
12:05 PM 12:06 PM

Regards,
Samba

Ghulam Mustafa

Jul 15, 2009, 7:36:31 AM7/15/09
to karaka-...@googlegroups.com
Soumyadipta De wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After all this changes i got the karaka master screen as below and is
> that correct?
>
> zenon173:/opt/karaka# ./master.py
> Karaka version 1.0, Copyright (C) 2009-2009 Vipadia Limited
>
> Karaka comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type 'warranty'.
> This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under
> certain conditions; type 'copying' for details. Visit
> <http://vipadia.com/products/karaka.html> for further details.
>
> Karaka Master Controller>

Here run "status" and see what it returns. :)
> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 11:43 AM, Ghulam Mustafa <mustafa.pk

Samba

Jul 15, 2009, 9:21:55 AM7/15/09
to Karaka Discuss
Hi,

Now all the three processes are running and i got all three consoles
and fired status command as below.

karaka master> status
Status = master:CONNECTED, muc:CONNECTED

karaka register> status
Status = IDLE

karaka slave> status
Status = IDLE

I have created three accounts in the openfire under Users/Groups as
"slave01", "register", "dialback"

Now I have logged in to Pidgin/PSI using a jabber/openfire account and
connected successfully.
Next i tried to add user "register" to Pidgin/Openfire but it says
"unauthorized/ 404 server not found/offline"

Do i need to change/add/modify anything in the karaka database?

My openfire server hostname is test123 and a jabber id is
testuser@test123 and i logged in to Pidgin/PSI using this and i am
trying add user/contact register.test123 under this user.

Also i never see anything with using screen -r or screen -ls but i
have all the three console of each processes.

Regards,
Samba

On Jul 15, 12:36 pm, Ghulam Mustafa <mustafa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Soumyadipta De wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > After all this changes i got the karaka master screen as below and is
> > that correct?
>
> > zenon173:/opt/karaka# ./master.py
> > Karaka version 1.0, Copyright (C) 2009-2009 Vipadia Limited
>
> > Karaka comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type 'warranty'.
> > This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under
> > certain conditions; type 'copying' for details.  Visit
> > <http://vipadia.com/products/karaka.html> for further details.
>
> > Karaka Master Controller>
>
> Here run "status" and see what it returns. :)
>
> > Regards,
> > Samba
>
> > On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 12:04 PM, Soumyadipta De
> > <soumyaii...@gmail.com <mailto:soumyaii...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> >     Hi,
>
> >     Suppose my server hostname is test123 then i have changed
> >     /etc/karaka-register.conf as below
>
> >     [mysql]
> >     server=localhost
> >     database=karaka
> >     user=karaka
> >     password=karaka
>
> >     [register]
> >     register=register
> >     secret=test1
> >     port=5222
> >     server=server.test123
> >     domain=test123
> >     master=skype.test123
>
> >     1. Is the above settings correct?
> >     2. Is the secret name is the same as configured in openfire
> >     "External Component Settings"?
> >     3.Do i need to do anything into the karaka database?
>
> >     Regards,
> >     Samba
>
> >     On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 11:48 AM, Soumyadipta De
> >     <soumyaii...@gmail.com <mailto:soumyaii...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> >         Hi,
>
> >             <http://nchc.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/skype4py/Skype4Py-1.0.31.0...>
>
> read more »

Samba

Jul 15, 2009, 9:26:56 AM7/15/09
to Karaka Discuss
Hi,

I can see all the scripts are running by doing ps -elf | grep py but
cant see anything using screen -r or screen -ls.

I have run three scripts individually from /opt/karaka

0 S root 7788 29518 0 75 0 - 8356 stext 13:34 pts/2
00:00:02 python ./master.py
4 S root 7778 12021 1 78 0 - 6295 stext 13:53 pts/4
00:00:25 python ./register.py
4 S root 9261 8406 1 78 0 - 6250 stext 13:54 pts/5
00:00:23 python ./slave.py slave01

Thanks,
Samba

> read more »

Ghulam Mustafa

Jul 15, 2009, 9:27:13 AM7/15/09
to karaka-...@googlegroups.com
Samba wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Now all the three processes are running and i got all three consoles
> and fired status command as below.
>
> karaka master> status
> Status = master:CONNECTED, muc:CONNECTED
>
> karaka register> status
> Status = IDLE
>
> karaka slave> status
> Status = IDLE

Status = IDLE is the problem, it should be "CONNECTED"

please make sure you have provided correct secret/password in karaka
configs for slave01, register and dialback user.

you can try running slave.py and register.py manually and see what it

Samba

Jul 16, 2009, 12:54:38 AM7/16/09
to Karaka Discuss
Hi,

I have added one shared secret in openfire Server->Server-Settings-
>External Component Settings. which is "test_secret". Next i have
added "Allowed To Connect" subdomain as below.

Subdomain Shared Secret
-----------------
----------------------
1. dialback_secret test_secret
2. slave_secret test_secret

Below are the three different configuration files and i don't find
what i have done wrong .

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ karaka-master.conf ++++++++++

[master]
component=skype.test123
muc=skypemuc.test123
secret=test_secret
port=5275
server=213.152.241.XXX
domain=test123
dialback=dialback
dialback_secret=dialback_secret
register=register@test123/register ; node == resource, always
slave_secret=slave_secret

What is node == resource, always?
What is the meaning of /register in register@test123/register?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ karaka-register.conf ++++++++

[mysql]
server=localhost
database=karaka
user=root
password=xxxxxx

[register]
register=register
secret=test_secret
port=5222
server=server.test123
domain=test123
master=skype.test123

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ karaka-slave.conf +++++++++++

[slave01]
secret=test_secret
port=5222
server=213.152.241.XXX
domain=test123
component=skype.test123
muc=skypemuc.test123

slave_secret=slave_secret
capacity=10
base=100

[slave02]
secret=test_secret
port=5222
server=213.152.241.XXX
domain=test123
component=skype.test123
muc=skypemuc.test123

slave_secret=slave_secret
capacity=10
base=200

Please guide me so that i can run all the three processes.

Thanks In Advance,
Samba

> read more »

Ghulam Mustafa

Jul 16, 2009, 1:03:00 AM7/16/09
to karaka-...@googlegroups.com
Samba wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have added one shared secret in openfire Server->Server-Settings-
>
>> External Component Settings. which is "test_secret". Next i have
>>
> added "Allowed To Connect" subdomain as below.
>
> Subdomain Shared Secret
> -----------------
> ----------------------
> 1. dialback_secret test_secret
> 2. slave_secret test_secret

This is wrong, you really don't need to do this. remove these
subdomains. they are invalid, just enable external components, define a
port (5275) and a default shared secret and save settings.

under Allowed to Connect tab, select Anyone and save settings.
> Below are the three different configuration files and i don't find
> what i have done wrong .
>
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ karaka-master.conf ++++++++++
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> [master]
> component=skype.test123
> muc=skypemuc.test123
> secret=test_secret

Above secret is [default shared secret] defined in External component
settings.
> port=5275
>
> server=213.152.241.XXX
> domain=test123
> dialback=dialback
> dialback_secret=dialback_secret

dialback_secret is the password of openfire user "dialback"
> register=register@test123/register ; node == resource, always

:( i don't know as well what does node == resource means :)

/register is the resource of the JID register@test123, don't worry about it
> slave_secret=slave_secret
>
> What is node == resource, always?
> What is the meaning of /register in register@test123/register?
>

> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ karaka-register.conf ++++++++
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> [mysql]
> server=localhost
> database=karaka
> user=root
> password=xxxxxx
>
> [register]
> register=register
> secret=test_secret

above secret= password of user "register"
> port=5222
> server=server.test123
> domain=test123
> master=skype.test123
>
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ karaka-slave.conf +++++++++++
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> [slave01]
> secret=test_secret

provide secret/password of openfire user "slave01" above.

Samba

Jul 16, 2009, 1:27:37 AM7/16/09
to Karaka Discuss
Hi,

Still getting IDLE status for slave and register.

Inside the karaka-slave.conf file there is two attributes one is
secret and other is slave_secret. Should i provide password of the
user slave01 in both the places.

[slave01]
secret=12345 ----------------------------- Password of user
"slave01"
port=5222 ----------------------------------------- This is the port
of ??
server=213.152.241.173
domain=zenon173
component=skype.zenon173
muc=skypemuc.zenon173

slave_secret=12345 ----------------------------- Password of
user "slave01"
capacity=10
base=100

Regards,
Samba

> read more »

Samba

Jul 16, 2009, 1:33:10 AM7/16/09
to Karaka Discuss
Hi,

KARAKA-DATABASE:
----------------------------------

mysql> select * from registrations;
+-------------------+----------+---------+
| userjid | user | secret |
+-------------------+----------+---------+
| testuser@test123 | register | test123 |
+-------------------+----------+---------+

> read more »

Ghulam Mustafa

Jul 16, 2009, 2:11:35 AM7/16/09
to karaka-...@googlegroups.com
Samba wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Still getting IDLE status for slave and register.
>
> Inside the karaka-slave.conf file there is two attributes one is
> secret and other is slave_secret. Should i provide password of the
> user slave01 in both the places.
>
> [slave01]
> secret=12345 ----------------------------- Password of user
> "slave01"
> port=5222 ----------------------------------------- This is the port
> of ??

5222 is the jabber port, openfire accepts client connections at this port.
> server=213.152.241.173
> domain=zenon173
> component=skype.zenon173
> muc=skypemuc.zenon173
>
> slave_secret=12345 ----------------------------- Password of
> user "slave01"

Slave secret has nothing to do with openfire users. you should simply
match slave_secret in both karaka-slave.conf and karaka-master.conf

Samba

Jul 16, 2009, 3:28:11 AM7/16/09
to Karaka Discuss
Hi,

Register is trying to connect but i guess it is unable to resolve the
domain zenon173. Below is the syslog

Jul 16 08:24:00 cls karaka register.py[6149]: register connecting
Jul 16 08:24:00 cls karaka register.py[6149]: stream_state_changed:
resolving srv (u'zenon173', 'xmpp-client')
Jul 16 08:24:01 cls karaka register.py[6149]: stream_state_changed:
resolving u'zenon173'
Jul 16 08:24:01 cls karaka register.py[6149]: ### NXDOMAIN:
Jul 16 08:24:01 cls karaka register.py[6149]: |###
register_keepalive @ ./register.py:267
Jul 16 08:24:01 cls karaka register.py[6149]: |### connect @ /var/
lib/python-support/python2.4/pyxmpp/jabber/client.py:110
Jul 16 08:24:01 cls karaka register.py[6149]: |### connect @ /var/
lib/python-support/python2.4/pyxmpp/client.py:149
Jul 16 08:24:01 cls karaka register.py[6149]: |### connect @ /var/
lib/python-support/python2.4/pyxmpp/clientstream.py:131
Jul 16 08:24:01 cls karaka register.py[6149]: |### _connect @ /var/
lib/python-support/python2.4/pyxmpp/clientstream.py:153
Jul 16 08:24:01 cls karaka register.py[6149]: |### _connect @ /var/
lib/python-support/python2.4/pyxmpp/streambase.py:220
Jul 16 08:24:01 cls karaka register.py[6149]: |### getaddrinfo @ /
var/lib/python-support/python2.4/pyxmpp/resolver.py:161
Jul 16 08:24:01 cls karaka register.py[6149]: |### query @ /var/lib/
python-support/python2.4/dns/resolver.py:632
Jul 16 08:24:01 cls karaka register.py[6149]: |### query @ /var/lib/
python-support/python2.4/dns/resolver.py:576

Regards,
Samba

> read more »

Samba

Jul 16, 2009, 4:10:18 AM7/16/09
to Karaka Discuss
Hi,

I have added the user rehister under a jabber/XMPP user
testuser@zenon173 in the PSI and i am getting three messages for user
register as listed below.

1. Registration successful for skypuser
2. Presence request sent
3. Sorry! Capacity limit reached, please retry soon!

How to fix/solve number 3 and what next i have to follow to chat and
use my skype account?

Again many many thanks to Mustafa for his great real practical help.

I have followed this stapes to run slave and register properly and now
getting "CONNECTED" state in three of them "master", "register" and
"slave".

1. Installed bind9 using apt-get install bind9
2. Then i opened file /etc/bind/named.conf.local and add following
lines mentioned below

zone "zenon173" {

type master;

file "/etc/bind/db.zenon173";
};

3.Then created a new file /etc/bind/db.zenon173 added lines mentioned
below

; BIND data file for
local loopback interface

$TTL 604800
@ IN SOA
localhost. root.localhost. (
1 ; Serial
604800 ;
Refresh
86400 ;
Retry
2419200 ;
Expire
604800 ) ;
Negative Cache TTL
;
@ IN NS
localhost.
@ IN A 127.0.0.1
zenon173 IN A
213.152.241.173

Please change the settings as per your requirement if anyone is
following this thread.

4.Then i have edited /etc/resolve.conf and added this line nameserver
127.0.0.1

5. Next i restarted the bind9 service using /etc/init.d/bind9 restart

6. Now please restart master, slave and register from /opt/karaka.

Regards,
Samba

> read more »

Samba

Jul 16, 2009, 4:17:19 AM7/16/09
to Karaka Discuss
Hi,

In open fire i can see that testuser, slave01 and register is online
but dialback is showing offline/disconnected.

I have added the user rehister under a jabber/XMPP user
testuser@zenon173 in the PSI and i am getting three messages for user
register as listed below.

1. Registration successful for skypuser
2. Presence request sent
3. Sorry! Capacity limit reached, please retry soon!

How to fix/solve number 3 and what next i have to follow to chat and
use my skype account?

Regards,
Samba

> read more »

Ghulam Mustafa

Jul 16, 2009, 4:25:10 AM7/16/09
to karaka-...@googlegroups.com
Samba wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In open fire i can see that testuser, slave01 and register is online
> but dialback is showing offline/disconnected.
>
> I have added the user rehister under a jabber/XMPP user
> testuser@zenon173 in the PSI and i am getting three messages for user
> register as listed below.
>
> 1. Registration successful for skypuser
> 2. Presence request sent
> 3. Sorry! Capacity limit reached, please retry soon!

restarting karaka-slave process will fix this issue

/etc/init.d/karaka-slave stop slave01
/etc/init.d/karaka-slave start slave01

Samba

Jul 16, 2009, 5:35:00 AM7/16/09
to Karaka Discuss
Hi,

Now i can see all three detached screen sessions in my server after
deleting all the sudo commands from the karaka scripts from /etc/
init.d

zenon173:/etc/init.d# screen -ls
There are screens on:
3466.karaka-register (Detached)
3722.karaka-slave01 (Detached)
3228.karaka-master (Detached)
3 Sockets in /var/run/screen/S-root.

Now to connect with my skype i have done the following

1. download pidgin/psi
2. logged in with a openfire/jabber/XMPP account testuser
3. Now i have added a openfireuser configured in karaka which is
register@domainname
4. Now from this user i send a message register my_skype_id
my_skype_password
5. I got two messages "registration successfull" and "presence request
sent"

But register@domainname showing cross mark and disconnected/offline?

What should i do next?

Regards,
Samba

> read more »

Samba

Jul 16, 2009, 8:03:00 AM7/16/09
to Karaka Discuss
Hi,

I learned one thing from mustafa and might be use full for some other
user.

Suppose you want to add two skype id say skype_user1 and skype_user2
then do the following

1. Register/create two openfire user user1 and user2
2. First login using user1 using Pdgin or PSI and add user/bot
register@domainname and send message register skype_user1
skype_user1_pass
3.To add second skype id you have to relogin with user2 using pidgin
and repeat the step 2 above.

Regards,
Samba