[WG-UMA] Draft: Interactions between refresh tokens and the claims-required flow

Paul C. Bryan

Apr 6, 2010, 4:17:09 PM4/6/10
to WG UMA
Interactions between refresh tokens and the claims-required flow

Do we have any need or desire to require refresh tokens to be issued in all cases, perhaps due to the positioning of the claims-required request, or is this a matter purely between a requester (client) and AM (authorization server)?

Under WRAP—the underlying protocol currently specified in the UMA specification—access tokens are bearer tokens, transient and relatively short-lived. I suggest that should this remain the case with WRAP and/or OAuth 2.0, we should use the refresh/access token issuance mechanism to allow such tokens to expire and be reissued as required.

Paul